AMERICA/CHILE – Mgr. Ezzati re-elected President of the CECh; waiting for the final message of the Assembly
Santiago (Agenzia Fides) - The 106th Plenary Assembly of the Chilean Episcopal Conference (CECh) has re-elected the Archbishop of Santiago, His Exc. Mgr. Ricardo Ezzati Andrello as President for a further period of three years. Even His Exc. Mgr. Alejandro Goic Karmelic, Bishop of Rancagua was also re-elected as Vice President.
According to information sent to Fides Agency, Archbishop of Puerto Montt, His Exc. Mgr. Cristian Caro Cordero, and the Archbishop of Concepción, His Exc. Mgr. Fernando Chomali Garib were elected as members of the Standing Committee of the CECh. The Standing Committee is an organ of CECh that follows the implementation of the decisions of the Plenary Assembly and, among its other functions, prepares official statements on the mission of the Church in the national reality.
The Assembly of the CECh ends today, November 8, and Archbishop Ricardo Ezzati, next to the newly elected Standing Committee, will announce the customary Message to the People of God
The Assembly devoted these days to define the pastoral guidelines for the period 2014-2020, and to examine the social and political situation of the country, with particular attention to the general elections of 17 November. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/11/2013)
AMERICA/CHILE – MGR. EZZATI RE
- 2015-04-15 - Protection of life and communication in the Church's mission, priority in the Chilean Church
- 2015-04-14 - Floods force more than 40 000 children not to go to school
- 2015-03-30 - Floods and landslides: 12 dead and thousands displaced, Caritas at work
- 2015-02-23 - Rudimental bomb explodes near a parish in the capital
- 2015-01-29 - "We have lost a great opportunity": criticism regarding the Law on Education
- 2014-11-19 - Bishops support: "an educational reform for the good of the nation"
- 2014-10-20 - A hundred thousand on a pilgrimage for the family to the shrine of the first Chilean Saint
- 2014-10-03 - Apostolic Vicar of Aysen awarded: "Water is also a problem of sovereignty"
- 2014-06-26 - Wüñol Tripantu, the Mapuche celebration of the rebirth of life
- 2014-06-20 - "Here we are Lord, in the World Cup": special section on the website of the Catholic Bishops' Conference