ASIA/SYRIA - Archbishop Hindo: the jihadi militias also massacre the other rebels
Hassaké (Agenzia Fides) - In the Syrian city of Hassaké and Qamishli there was no massacre of Christians and the government army "gives the impression of being able to defeat the rebels when it wants and as it wants". This was reported to Fides Agency by Archbishop Jacques Behnan Hindo, titular of the Syrian Catholic Archeparchy of Hassaké -Nisibis. False news of a massacre of 70 Christians - including three priests – carried out in Qamishli by anti-Assad rebels had been launched on some Arab sites already known for previous operations of misinformation. "Just in the hours when rumors about their murder were spread", says the Syrian Catholic Archbishop "I was at lunch with them in Qamishli". Mgr. Hindo adds that in recent weeks the grip of anti-Assad militias around the two urban centers of Syrian Mesopotamia had loosened: "Even the Kurdish militias operating in the area", says the Archbishop "work in conjunction with the Army government".
"Jihadist groups such as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant" confirms Hindo "are killing all the other brigades. For this reason I have news that some groups of former soldiers in the opposition have asked to return to the army. There is the widespread impression of a tacit truce exchanged in some situations between the government army and Islamist militias rebels, who now have jihadist groups as a common enemy".
Despite the increased potential for the supply of basic necessities – complains the Archbishop - "Food prices remain high, because the situation in which we have been living for more than a year and a half has generalized and also caused widespread speculation". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 07/11/2013)
- 2015-06-30 - Thousands of Christian families fleeing Hassakè. Archbishop Hindo: jihadists have found support in the local population
- 2015-06-26 - ASIA/SYRIA – Mass escape from Hassaké, attacked by the jihadists of Daesh. Bishop Audo: "the agenda" of the forces is not clear
- 2015-06-24 - Jihadist attacks in Hassaké. Archbishop Hindo: "they are a sign of weakness and desperation"
- 2015-06-16 - The central districts of Aleppo attacked by rebels
- 2015-06-15 - Patriarchs and Bishops of the Eastern Churches pray together for peace and commemorate the centenary of the "Assyrian Genocide" in Damascus
- 2015-06-12 - President Assad meets the Patriarch and the Synod of Syrian-Orthodox Bishops
- 2015-06-11 - Jihadist militants of al Nusra Front massacre dozens of Druze civilians in Idlib
- 2015-06-09 - The five Patriarchs of Antioch in Damascus: no to the disintegration of Syria
- 2015-06-01 - Muslim leaders for the release of father Murad, but the kidnappers are foreign to the social fabric
- 2015-05-30 - Bishop of Aleppo: unreliable rumors on a jihadist beheaded by an Assyrian soldier. Christians never justify revenge with religious issues