AMERICA - The Meeting of Guadalupe closes the Year of Faith in the continent
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - The meeting of "Our Lady of Guadalupe, Star of the New Evangelization in the Americas will open on November 16 at the premises of the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico City, with a video message from Pope Francis". There will be more than 350 people attending the continental closing event of the Year of Faith, of whom eighty Cardinals and Bishops from all over America, many of whom invited as speakers in various working groups.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the organizers (Pontifical Commission for Latin America, the Basilica of Guadalupe, Knights of Columbus, Higher Institute for Guadalupan Studies) mentions some of the themes that will be discussed during the three days of work (until 19 November), including "the meaning of Pope Francis’ pontificate for the continent", "the New Evangelization and the Continental Mission in Latin America", "The role of the Virgin of Guadalupe in the task of evangelization". Other important issues will be touched regarding the cooperation and communion among local churches across America, culture and society, and also the theme of Mary "Mother of the Church" in the context of the fiftieth anniversary of the Second Vatican Council.
The topics that are generating particular expectations are those related to popular religiousness, the so-called "educational emergency", marriage and the family, along with issues affecting politicians and the authorities of the continent, the formation of the clergy, missions, ecumenism, catechists and social and charitable activities of the Church.
The participation of other 500 people is expected in addition to those registered for the four major conferences, liturgical celebrations, the "Guadalupan Rosary" and the "Continental Rosary" according to the intentions of Pope Francis. The Eucharistic celebrations will also welcome the thousands of pilgrims who flock daily to the shrine, and who are invited to attend the event and pray. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/11/2013)
- 2015-04-16 - Bishops Emeritus continue to give their contribution
- 2015-04-16 - Almost 4 million children in Latin America do not have access to primary school
- 2015-03-17 - Human rights and extractive industries in Latin America: the position of the Church
- 2015-03-06 - Pan-Amazon Ecclesial Network: For Mgr. Barreto the life of 30 million people is at stake
- 2015-01-15 - New web portal of CELAM, to reach the "suburbs" of the continent
- 2015-01-02 - Drastic increase of children who try to escape from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador
- 2014-12-11 - The new land of the "landless", a living and current history
- 2013-12-12 - AMERICA – On the feast of our Lady of Guadalupe, CELAM renews its website
- 2013-11-07 - The Meeting of Guadalupe closes the Year of Faith in the continent
- 2013-09-30 - New portal at the service of migrants: an American initiative