AMERICA/BOLIVIA - During their 96th meeting, the Bolivian Bishops will close the Year of Faith
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops' Conference of Bolivia (CEB) will meet in Cochabamba from Thursday 7 to Tuesday, November 12 for its XCVI (96th) Assembly. The Archbishop of Cochabamba, His Exc. Mgr. Tito Solari in the note sent to Fides points out that, like every year, they will be days of reflection, prayer and meditation on the service of the Catholic Church and on the current context of the country. Because of health problems, this time Cardinal Julio Terrazas, Archbishop of Santa Cruz de la Sierra will not be present, recovering from a recent hospitalization.
In the six days of work, the Bishops in addition to analyzing the service carried out within the Catholic Church, will share experiences and points of view on several issues. On Sunday, November 10th at 7 o'clock, in the Metropolitan Cathedral, the bishops will concelebrate the Mass for the closing of the Year of Faith with the whole community. The meeting of the CEB will conclude with a public statement (Message to the People of God) on the various topics covered. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/11/2013)
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"
- 2014-03-27 - Bishops’ priorities: Indigenous and social pastoral, relaunch of the Permanent Mission
- 2014-03-17 - Heavy rains have caused deaths and injuries in the Beni area, the lack of food is worrying
- 2014-02-28 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Flood stricken native peoples in Beni destitute and starving
- 2014-02-25 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Classrooms under water, 10 toilets and no water for more than 1000 pupils
- 2014-01-28 - National Emergency: 6000 homeless families due to rains and floods
- 2014-01-22 - The Andean Countries together for the XIII Regional Meeting of the Youth Ministry
- 2013-12-12 - Cardinal Terrazas urges to "combat violence, not with words, but with actions"
- 2013-12-03 - "We cannot live in fear, we must take the path of peace", says the Archbishop of Santa Cruz