AMERICA/BOLIVIA - During their 96th meeting, the Bolivian Bishops will close the Year of Faith
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops' Conference of Bolivia (CEB) will meet in Cochabamba from Thursday 7 to Tuesday, November 12 for its XCVI (96th) Assembly. The Archbishop of Cochabamba, His Exc. Mgr. Tito Solari in the note sent to Fides points out that, like every year, they will be days of reflection, prayer and meditation on the service of the Catholic Church and on the current context of the country. Because of health problems, this time Cardinal Julio Terrazas, Archbishop of Santa Cruz de la Sierra will not be present, recovering from a recent hospitalization.
In the six days of work, the Bishops in addition to analyzing the service carried out within the Catholic Church, will share experiences and points of view on several issues. On Sunday, November 10th at 7 o'clock, in the Metropolitan Cathedral, the bishops will concelebrate the Mass for the closing of the Year of Faith with the whole community. The meeting of the CEB will conclude with a public statement (Message to the People of God) on the various topics covered. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/11/2013)
- 2015-11-20 - The Church strongly rejects the use of the image of the Pope for political activities
- 2015-11-13 - The Episcopal Conference: "We need and want a change"
- 2015-11-07 - The Pontifical Mission Societies in Bolivia towards the American Missionary Congress
- 2015-11-06 - 100th Assembly of the Episcopal Conference: V American Missionary Congress (CAM 5) is among the topics to be discussed
- 2015-10-15 - The Maryknoll Mission Center has been offering missionaries a valuable service for half a century
- 2015-10-12 - The Pope's message at the forum on climate: "Follow a fair and integral ecology"
- 2015-10-09 - Nuncio Diquattro representative of the Holy See at the World Conference on Climate Change
- 2015-09-17 - Intervention of Mgr. Scarpellini on the candidacy of Morales: "Alternation is an expression of democracy"
- 2015-08-19 - Heavy rains leave more than a thousand of families homeless
- 2015-08-17 - Prison conditions improve thanks to mediation by Pope Francis