AMERICA/BOLIVIA - During their 96th meeting, the Bolivian Bishops will close the Year of Faith
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops' Conference of Bolivia (CEB) will meet in Cochabamba from Thursday 7 to Tuesday, November 12 for its XCVI (96th) Assembly. The Archbishop of Cochabamba, His Exc. Mgr. Tito Solari in the note sent to Fides points out that, like every year, they will be days of reflection, prayer and meditation on the service of the Catholic Church and on the current context of the country. Because of health problems, this time Cardinal Julio Terrazas, Archbishop of Santa Cruz de la Sierra will not be present, recovering from a recent hospitalization.
In the six days of work, the Bishops in addition to analyzing the service carried out within the Catholic Church, will share experiences and points of view on several issues. On Sunday, November 10th at 7 o'clock, in the Metropolitan Cathedral, the bishops will concelebrate the Mass for the closing of the Year of Faith with the whole community. The meeting of the CEB will conclude with a public statement (Message to the People of God) on the various topics covered. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/11/2013)
- 2014-10-11 - Mission Month: schools in Sucre also go on missions
- 2014-10-02 - The priority for the Auxiliary Bishop of Reyes: "Working to be a single Christian community"
- 2014-09-04 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Catholic Bishops of Bolivia and Peru take communications course “For a culture of encounter”
- 2014-08-05 - National holiday: the Church hopes for unity and peace, in view of the forthcoming elections
- 2014-08-04 - Prevention to fight against the new phenomenon of 'micro-trafficking' of drugs
- 2014-07-10 - Insults and defamation: a campaign that has no political agenda
- 2014-06-18 - Conclusion of the G77 + China, the Church hopes for commitment in favor of the poor
- 2014-06-16 - Formation on values to combat violence and bullying
- 2014-05-26 - Meeting with the candidates: an initiative of the Church for the October elections
- 2014-05-16 - Basic Ecclesial Communities: the new face of the Church at the service of justice and peace