AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The young, family pastoral, missionary commitment and social needs of the country: the plenary assembly of bishops
Pilar (Agenzia Fides) - As of today, Monday, November 4, until Saturday 9, the 106th Plenary Assembly of the Argentine Episcopal Conference (CEA), will be held at the retreat house El cenáculo-La Montonera in the town of Pilar. The agenda includes a first exchange of "ideas, concerns and initiatives related to the action of the Church in the country", while the opening Mass will be presided by His Exc. Mgr. José María Arancedo, Archbishop of Santa Fe de la Vera Cruz and President of CEA.
The note sent to Fides Agency by CEA reports that the hundred Bishops will work on the basis of the speech that Pope Francis delivered to the members of the Episcopal Council for Latin America and the Caribbean (CELAM), as part of World Youth Day (WYD), which provides guidelines for the Church in the region and on missionary commitment in dioceses .
A review of the Ministry of Youth will be carried out, after WYD in Rio 2013 and the Pastoral Care of Vocations. The work on the "Pastoral Family Project" will follow and the Bishops will respond to the consultation for the Extraordinary Synod on the Family in 2014. Other topics on the agenda regard the work and the promotion of Caritas in the dioceses, in order to address "social needs and poverty"; the presentation of a "religious map" of the nation by the Observatory of the Universidad Católica Argentina (UCA ); the National Eucharistic Congress of 2016, and the project on the Catechism of the CEA. The Bishops will also receive the visit of the Bishops of the Eastern Orthodox Churches with whom they will pray together. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/11/2013)
- 2014-08-21 - The Church launches an alarm regarding the increase of suicides among teenagers
- 2014-08-06 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Pope Francis welcomes the opening of a reception center for victims of sexual exploitation
- 2014-07-08 - After 38 years the killers of the Bishop who fought for hope and dignity have been condemned
- 2014-06-27 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Social Week begins, to promote "the culture of meeting"
- 2014-06-26 - A city in march against consumption and illicit drug trafficking
- 2014-06-25 - Bishops concerned about the national economic situation
- 2014-06-18 - A video against drugs: the Church launches a campaign on social networking sites
- 2014-05-28 - Church and civil authorities together for the safety of citizens
- 2014-05-26 - After 10 years, President Kirchner takes part in the Te Deum for the national holiday
- 2014-05-14 - "The country is sick of violence": proposal of Bishops to respond to this reality