AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The young, family pastoral, missionary commitment and social needs of the country: the plenary assembly of bishops
Pilar (Agenzia Fides) - As of today, Monday, November 4, until Saturday 9, the 106th Plenary Assembly of the Argentine Episcopal Conference (CEA), will be held at the retreat house El cenáculo-La Montonera in the town of Pilar. The agenda includes a first exchange of "ideas, concerns and initiatives related to the action of the Church in the country", while the opening Mass will be presided by His Exc. Mgr. José María Arancedo, Archbishop of Santa Fe de la Vera Cruz and President of CEA.
The note sent to Fides Agency by CEA reports that the hundred Bishops will work on the basis of the speech that Pope Francis delivered to the members of the Episcopal Council for Latin America and the Caribbean (CELAM), as part of World Youth Day (WYD), which provides guidelines for the Church in the region and on missionary commitment in dioceses .
A review of the Ministry of Youth will be carried out, after WYD in Rio 2013 and the Pastoral Care of Vocations. The work on the "Pastoral Family Project" will follow and the Bishops will respond to the consultation for the Extraordinary Synod on the Family in 2014. Other topics on the agenda regard the work and the promotion of Caritas in the dioceses, in order to address "social needs and poverty"; the presentation of a "religious map" of the nation by the Observatory of the Universidad Católica Argentina (UCA ); the National Eucharistic Congress of 2016, and the project on the Catechism of the CEA. The Bishops will also receive the visit of the Bishops of the Eastern Orthodox Churches with whom they will pray together. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/11/2013)
AMERICA/ARGENTINA – THE YOUNG, FAMILY PASTORAL, MISSIONARY COMMITMENT AND SOCIAL NEEDS OF THE COUNTRY: THE PLENARY ASSEMBLY OF BISHOPS
- 2015-11-27 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – For the Bishops: to encourage gambling addiction "is a crime against the poorest"
- 2015-11-25 - New President: the Church hopes stronger solidarity policies for vulnerable sectors
- 2015-11-20 - Thousands occupy houses and land, the Bishop denounces the absence of state authorities
- 2015-11-17 - Family, formation of priests, environmental problems: the topics analyzed by the Bishops
- 2015-11-11 - 140 years ago the first group of Salesian missionaries arrived in Patagonia
- 2015-11-09 - Assembly of Bishops in progress: Eucharistic Congress, family and priestly formation Buenos
- 2015-11-05 - Mining company withdraws from La Rioja: statement of the Bishop and the Deputy Governor
- 2015-11-04 - The request of the diocese to the State: "Do not suspend the subsidies to schools"
- 2015-11-03 - National Day of the Sick, an opportunity aimed to arouse greater sensitivity
- 2015-10-26 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – First stage of Bishop’s beatification process expected to take two years