Acta of the Holy See
ASIA/MALAYSIA - Resignation of the Bishop of Miri and appointment of successor
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The Holy Father, on 30 October 2013, accepted the resignation from the pastoral governance of the Diocese of Miri (Malaysia ), by His Exc. Mgr. Anthony Lee Kok Hin, in accordance with canon 401 § 1 of the Code of Canon Law. The Holy Father appointed Fr. Richard Ng, Rector of the Major Seminary of Kuching as Bishop of Miri (Malaysia).
Fr. Richard Ng was born on June 20, 1966 in Kuching. After attending elementary and high schools, he entered the minor Seminary in Kuching in 1987. He completed his philosophical and theological studies at the major Seminary in Kuching. He was ordained a priest on 18 February 1995 and incardinated in the Archdiocese of Kuching.
After ordination he has held the following positions: 1995-1996: Assistant priest of St. Judah, Bunan Gega; 1996-1998: Assistant priest of St. Teresa, Bunan Gega; 1998-1999: Assistant priest of the Cathedral of Kuching; 1999-2003: Studies for the Licentiate in Sacred Scripture at the Biblicum in Rome, residing at the Pontifical College of St. Peter; 2003-2007: Professor of Sacred Scripture at the major Seminary in Kuching; 2007-2008: Vice-Rector of the Major Seminary of Kuching; since 2008: Rector of the Major Seminary of Kuching. Since 2003 he is also responsible for the Archdiocesan publication Today 's Catholic; since 2009 he has been Director of the Archdiocesan Commission for Social Communications and since 2010 Spiritual Advisor of the Legion of Mary , at the Parish Cathedral. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 31/10/2013)
ACTA OF THE HOLY SEE
- 2013-01-28 - Appointment of Auxiliary Bishop of Niamey
- 2013-01-21 - Resignation of the Bishop of Mouila and appointment of Successor
- 2013-01-18 - Appointment of the Bishop of Thiès
- 2013-01-16 - Resignation of the Bishop of Bukoba and appointment of successor and Apostolic Administrator of Singida
- 2013-01-02 - Erection of the new dioceses of Gboko and Katsina-Ala and appointment of the first Bishops
- 2013-01-02 - Appointment of Coadjutor Archbishop of Singapore
- 2013-01-02 - Resignation of the Bishop of Udaipur and appointment of successor
- 2012-12-28 - Appointment of Coadjutor of Bùi Chu
- 2012-12-21 - Resignation of the Archbishop of Suva and appointment of Successor
- 2012-12-10 - Appointment of the Archbishop of Keewatin-Le Pas