VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in Pakistan for the ordination of the Bishop of Faisalabad
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples will be on a pastoral visit in Pakistan where on the day of the Solemnity of All Saints, Friday 1 November, will preside at the ordination of the Bishop of Faisalabad, His Exc. Mgr. Joseph Arshad.
During his trip, the Prefect of the Congregation will also meet with the Catholic community in Lahore: on Thursday morning, October 31 he will preside at the Eucharist celebration in the cathedral, where Bishops, priests, men and women religious, seminarians, catechists and other representatives of the diocesan community will be present. In the afternoon of October 31 Cardinal Filoni will meet with the Bishops of Pakistan. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 30/10/2013)
- 2014-10-01 - The feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions, opens the Mission Month
- 2014-09-24 - Pope's appeal to the countries of Africa affected by the ebola virus
- 2014-09-22 - Bishops, called to give "a genuine missionary impulse" to their diocesan communities
- 2014-09-13 - "Strong families are our best defense against poverty": meeting on the role of the family in the global economic crisis
- 2014-08-19 - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers
- 2014-08-18 - Press release of the Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans
- 2014-08-13 - Declaration of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
- 2014-08-12 - Cardinal Fernando Filoni leaves today for Iraq.
- 2014-08-11 - Pope Francis meets with Cardinal Fernando Filoni, his Envoy in Iraq
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"