VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni in Pakistan for the ordination of the Bishop of Faisalabad
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples will be on a pastoral visit in Pakistan where on the day of the Solemnity of All Saints, Friday 1 November, will preside at the ordination of the Bishop of Faisalabad, His Exc. Mgr. Joseph Arshad.
During his trip, the Prefect of the Congregation will also meet with the Catholic community in Lahore: on Thursday morning, October 31 he will preside at the Eucharist celebration in the cathedral, where Bishops, priests, men and women religious, seminarians, catechists and other representatives of the diocesan community will be present. In the afternoon of October 31 Cardinal Filoni will meet with the Bishops of Pakistan. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 30/10/2013)
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"
- 2015-04-09 - Cardinal Filoni: Iraqi families all expect to be able to return to their homes, and we are ready to help them start over
- 2015-04-08 - Easter 2015: "Our brothers and sisters are persecuted, exiled, killed and beheaded simply because they are Christians, they are our martyrs of today"
- 2015-03-30 - The Pope: "We think of our brothers and sisters who are persecuted because they are Christians, the martyrs of our own time"
- 2015-03-27 - Cardinal Filoni returns to Iraq to express the closeness and affection of the Pope to displaced families
- 2015-03-16 - VATICAN – Pope Francis: "Our brothers' and sisters' blood is shed only because they are Christians"
- 2015-02-10 - VATICAN – World Day of the Sick: the Church runs 115 352 health care and social assistance institutes in the world
- 2015-02-04 - On February 8: "Shine a light against human trafficking"
- 2015-01-26 - Cardinal Filoni celebrates the 50th anniversary of the diocese of Xuan Loc, "may families and parishes become God’s families"
- 2015-01-23 - Cardinal Filoni at the Shrine of La Vang entrusts the work of evangelization to the Virgin