Acta of the Holy See
AMERICA/ECUADOR - Resignation of the Apostolic Vicar of Galapagos and appointment of successor
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The Holy Father, on 29 October 2013, accepted the resignation from the pastoral care of the Apostolic Vicariate of Galapagos (Ecuador), by His Esc. Mgr. Manuel Antonio Valarezo Luzuriaga, O.F.M., in accordance to art. 401 § 1 of the Code of Canon Law. The Holy Father appointed Fr. Áureo Patricio Bonilla Bonilla, O.F.M., Vicar Provincial of the Order of Friars Minor in Ecuador as Apostolic Vicar of the Galápagos. He has been assigned the titular see of Bida.
Fr. Áureo Patricio Bonilla Bonilla, O.F.M., was born on May 15, 1968 in Riobamba (Ecuador). After his primary and secondary education, he obtained his Bachelor's Degree at the Institute "Carlos Cisneros" in Riobamba. At 18 years of age he entered the Order of Friars Minor in Quito. He carried out his Novitiate in Riobamba. He was then sent to complete his Theological studies at the Center for Franciscan Studies in Jerusalem. He was ordained a priest on 20 June 1996.
After his priestly ordination he held the following positions: 1996-1997: Master of the Postulants in Otavalo, Ecuador; 1997-2000: Master of the Postulants in Azogues, Ecuador; 2000-2004: Studies for a Doctorate in Canon Law in Rome, at the Antonianum; 2004-2009: Director of Finance of the Faculty of Philosophy and Theology Cardenal Echeverría in Quito; 2005-2007: President of the Institutes and centers of the Franciscan Theological Studies of Latin America; 2006-2009: Provincial Councilor; 2007-2009: Secretary for the formation at the the Bolivarian Franciscan Conference; 2006-2007: defender of the bond of the National Court of Appeal of the C.E.E.; since 2009: Vicar Provincial, president of the judicial commission of the Franciscan order; Deacon of the faculty of philosophy and theology and professor of canon law, judge at the National Court of Appeal and consultor for consecrated life of the Episcopal Commission of Ministers and Consecrated Life of the C.E.E; Member of the tribunal of the archdiocese of Quito. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 30/10/2013)
Acta of the Holy See
- 2013-01-28 - Appointment of Auxiliary Bishop of Niamey
- 2013-01-21 - Resignation of the Bishop of Mouila and appointment of Successor
- 2013-01-18 - Appointment of the Bishop of Thiès
- 2013-01-16 - Resignation of the Bishop of Bukoba and appointment of successor and Apostolic Administrator of Singida
- 2013-01-02 - Erection of the new dioceses of Gboko and Katsina-Ala and appointment of the first Bishops
- 2013-01-02 - Appointment of Coadjutor Archbishop of Singapore
- 2013-01-02 - Resignation of the Bishop of Udaipur and appointment of successor
- 2012-12-28 - Appointment of Coadjutor of Bùi Chu
- 2012-12-21 - Resignation of the Archbishop of Suva and appointment of Successor
- 2012-12-10 - Appointment of the Archbishop of Keewatin-Le Pas