AMERICA/COSTA RICA - " It is time to act!": Families in defense of life, the first human right
San José (Agenzia Fides) - In conjunction with Family Day, celebrated on 26 and 27 October in Rome on the occasion of the Year of Faith, presided by Pope Francis, the "First National Congress for life and the family" was held in San José, Costa Rica. Under the auspices of the Episcopal Conference, through the National Commission for the pastoral care of the family and the Association for Life, the meeting was held at the headquarters of the Episcopal Conference, in San Jose.
The information sent to Fides Agency reported that the conferences had the common slogan "It is time to act!" Urging "concrete action to refuse the pressure against the first human right: the right to life". The event, which saw a vast participation of people and the intervention of experts "Pro- life" throughout Latin America, is part of a larger project proposed by the National Commission for the pastoral care of the family together with the Department "Family, Life and Youth" of CELAM, which includes a series of regional and national meetings with the aim of "promoting the family as the home and school of communion and model of life for society". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/10/2013)
- 2014-07-23 - The chicungunya virus continues to alarm Latin American Countries
- 2014-06-12 - More than 47 thousand children suffer violence and are forced to work
- 2014-06-09 - Over 47 000 boys and girls exploited for child labor
- 2014-04-07 - Presidential elections: the Bishops urge unity for peace, solidarity, justice and holiness
- 2014-02-15 - Bishops to MPs: "only wear the shirt of Costa Rica"
- 2014-01-27 - AMERICA/COSTA RICA – The Bishops' appeal before the vote on February 2: Choose the deputies with attention
- 2014-01-08 - The new Bishop of El General calls on Costa Ricans to vote on February 2
- 2013-11-20 - From December, all the parishes will reflect on the Bishops’ document in view of elections
- 2013-11-19 - Alert concerning dengue cases among children under 4 years of age: since 2013 1,500 have been infected
- 2013-11-14 - Appeal rejected: the Bishops' document on the election does not favor any party