AMERICA/COSTA RICA - " It is time to act!": Families in defense of life, the first human right
San José (Agenzia Fides) - In conjunction with Family Day, celebrated on 26 and 27 October in Rome on the occasion of the Year of Faith, presided by Pope Francis, the "First National Congress for life and the family" was held in San José, Costa Rica. Under the auspices of the Episcopal Conference, through the National Commission for the pastoral care of the family and the Association for Life, the meeting was held at the headquarters of the Episcopal Conference, in San Jose.
The information sent to Fides Agency reported that the conferences had the common slogan "It is time to act!" Urging "concrete action to refuse the pressure against the first human right: the right to life". The event, which saw a vast participation of people and the intervention of experts "Pro- life" throughout Latin America, is part of a larger project proposed by the National Commission for the pastoral care of the family together with the Department "Family, Life and Youth" of CELAM, which includes a series of regional and national meetings with the aim of "promoting the family as the home and school of communion and model of life for society". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/10/2013)
- 2015-03-02 - Unexpected increase of cases of rotavirus in children: a thousand a week
- 2014-12-23 - Entrepreneurial initiatives for poor women
- 2014-12-17 - The campaign against hunger begins again, especially to help poor families
- 2014-09-16 - AMERICA/COSTA RICA – Poverty and violence afflict 34% of Costa Rica’s children
- 2014-09-09 - Solidarity initiative to prevent child abuse and maltreatment
- 2014-07-23 - The chicungunya virus continues to alarm Latin American Countries
- 2014-06-12 - More than 47 thousand children suffer violence and are forced to work
- 2014-06-09 - Over 47 000 boys and girls exploited for child labor
- 2014-04-07 - Presidential elections: the Bishops urge unity for peace, solidarity, justice and holiness
- 2014-02-15 - Bishops to MPs: "only wear the shirt of Costa Rica"