ASIA/JORDAN - Patriarch Twal opens the Conference on the role of women in the Middle East
Fuheis (Agenzia Fides) - With a report on the role of women in the Church and society in the Middle East, the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem Fouad Twal opens on Thursday, October 24 in Fuheis the conference organized by the World Union of Catholic Women 's Organizations, WUCWO. The Conference, held at the House of the Sisters of the Rosary and designed in cooperation with the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem and the International Forum of Catholic Action, takes place under the patronage of Queen Rania of Jordan and will have as its theme the service rendered by women believers "of life, dignity and the common good". The full program - which will end on Sunday, October 27 with a Mass celebrated by Archbishop Maroun Laham, Patriarchal Vicar for Jordan of the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem - provides numerous meetings with Arab Christian women involved in the political and social field, including the mayor of Bethlehem Vera Baboun and the responsible and Assyrian Christian Pascale Warda, a former minister of hospitality and immigration in Iraq. A session of the conference, dedicated to the figure of the Virgin Mary in the Bible and in the Qur'an, will be held at the American University of Madaba. (GV) (24/10/2013)
- 2015-09-16 - The Jordanian proposal: let us set aside the term "minority"
- 2015-09-15 - Social media: instrument of dialogue or religious hatred?
- 2015-07-03 - The UN decreases aid to Syrian refugees. The Director of Caritas Jordan: the great powers have created the catastrophe, and now they wash their hands
- 2015-05-21 - Educational project for young Christian refugees who have fled from north Iraq
- 2015-04-29 - The first "Lourdes Grotto" in the Hashemite Kingdom
- 2015-03-02 - The parish pastoral Councils answer the questions for the Synod on the family
- 2015-02-10 - CCSM denounces offensive drawings of Lord Jesus Christ on hookahs
- 2015-02-04 - Today masses and prayers in churches for the pilot burned alive by jihadists
- 2015-02-03 - Jordanian Minister: satirical cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad have nothing to do with Christianity
- 2015-01-22 - King Abdullah II praises the Pope: religions must not offended