AMERICA/PANAMA - Education, health care and food for children belonging to poor communities
Panama (Agenzia Fides) - Every day an unidentified number of children in the Panamanian community Las Garzas de Pacora abandon school and do not have anything to eat. The members of the Fundación Nutricional Teresa de Jesús have turned to local authorities to ask for major support for hundreds of children in the Country forced to drop out of school and end up in the hands of unreliable people.
Through the local television station TVN - noticias, the Foundation has reported alarming statistics and appealed to the Ministry of Education to assist street children, and make sure they come back to attend classes, and help the whole community of Las Garzas. In addition to the residents of this community, the Foundation also supports those in the provinces of Colón, Chiriquí and Herrera in Azuero. In some areas of the district of Dibala, province of Chiriquí, the Foundation is engaged with the citizens of the Ngöbe - Bugle region who emigrate after being sent away by companies. The goal is to make sure that the poorest families can take advantage of health care and food, in particular for children, and ensure access to education for those young people who drop out of school, as well as to guide adults towards agriculture in order to increase their income. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 24/10/2013)
- 2015-03-24 - Summit of the Americas: the Vatican Secretary of State will be present, for the first time
- 2015-02-23 - “We must work for the poor”: Cardinal Lacunza says on the feast of Cristo de Atalaya
- 2014-12-19 - Even Cuba will attend the Summit of the Americas: a dream come true
- 2014-12-16 - Last round of by-elections, the local Church sends observers to polling stations
- 2014-08-04 - First Congress on the Family "source of social wealth"
- 2014-07-12 - Insecurity and lack of protection of resources among the serious problems of the Country according to the Bishops
- 2014-05-22 - On a mission in the vulnerable suburbs of society: migrants, itinerant people, displaced ...
- 2014-04-30 - First Congress on human mobility in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 2014-04-15 - The Church calls for calm and responsible participation in the voting
- 2014-02-14 - Conclusion of the Jubilee for the 500th anniversary of Santa Maria La Antigua, the first Church of the continent