AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "It is time for human integration": conclusions of the meeting between Peru, Bolivia and Chile
La Paz (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops of the Permanent Councils of the Episcopal Conferences of Peru, Bolivia and Chile have published their reflection at the end of the Tripartite Meeting of these countries (see Fides 23/10/2013). In the final document, entitled "Before an authentic integration", after having analyzed "a real situation which is worrying, for the increase in drug trafficking, which destroys the dignity and life of our peoples, and the challenges and pastoral opportunities which requires a reality of migration and continued marginalization of the poor", the Bishops renew on behalf of the Church, "the commitment to encourage integration".
In the document, sent to Fides Agency by the Catholic Bishops' Conference of Peru, says among other things: "Many efforts of integration in the continent have been reduced to the commercial and economic aspect, therefore it is time to promote a change of mentality to human integration, to overcome our differences, we must start from what unites us and leave behind what divides us". For all these reasons "we reaffirm the value of family and our option to walk together with young people, offering them the Gospel in a renewed way, as a life project".
The document concludes by recalling the context of the Permanent Mission and Pope Francis’ example, reiterating the commitment of the Bishops to build unity, and with an invitation to all Catholics and people of good will in their respective countries, to be "instruments of integration, justice and unity between our peoples". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 24/10/2013)
- 2014-07-10 - Insults and defamation: a campaign that has no political agenda
- 2014-06-18 - Conclusion of the G77 + China, the Church hopes for commitment in favor of the poor
- 2014-06-16 - Formation on values to combat violence and bullying
- 2014-05-26 - Meeting with the candidates: an initiative of the Church for the October elections
- 2014-05-16 - Basic Ecclesial Communities: the new face of the Church at the service of justice and peace
- 2014-04-28 - Children sold for sexual and labor exploitation and for the sale of organs
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"
- 2014-03-27 - Bishops’ priorities: Indigenous and social pastoral, relaunch of the Permanent Mission
- 2014-03-17 - Heavy rains have caused deaths and injuries in the Beni area, the lack of food is worrying