EUROPE - Appeal to the UN: a Resolution for the protection of religious minorities is needed
Bratislava (Agenzia Fides) – Taking into account the constant increase in forms of violence, the persecution of Christians and other religious groups in various parts of the world, the Plenary Assembly of the Council of European Bishops' Conferences - CCEE (held in Bratislava, Slovakia, October 3 to 6, 2013) together with the Appeal of Conscience Foundation, have adopted a joint declaration brought to the leaders of the UN.
The signatories of the declaration call on the United Nations to promote with urgency a political and social commitment in defense of these peoples and in support of religious freedom, adopting in particular a Resolution for the protection of religious minorities. The declaration itself has been sent to the leaders of numerous nations to ask for concrete measures and actions to be taken in defence of religious minorities, places of worship and sacred texts. "The Council of Bishops' Conferences of Europe and the Foundation for the Appeal to Conscience - is written in the declaration – encourage all States, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations and the media to promote through education a culture of mutual respect and tolerance for the diversity of religions, which represent an important aspect of the collective heritage of mankind". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 23/10/2013)
- 2015-06-23 - Resignation of the Apostolic Vicar of Puerto Maldonado, appointment of successor
- 2015-06-16 - National Director of the Pontifical Missionary Societies
- 2015-06-15 - Resignation of the Bishop of Hamilton in Bermuda, appointment of successor
- 2015-06-12 - Resignation of the Archbishop of Gandhinagar and appointment of successor
- 2015-06-05 - More than one million children prisoners worldwide with adult criminals
- 2015-06-05 - Appointment of Coadjutor Bishop of Xuan Loc
- 2015-06-03 - Resignation of the Bishop of Trincomalee, appointment of successor
- 2015-06-03 - The College of Saint Paul celebrates 50 years of service to the formation of missionary priests
- 2015-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the Assembly of the PMS: "form people to the true sense of the Church"
- 2015-06-01 - Appointment of the Bishop of Varanasi