AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Integration, youth and migration: Priorities of the tripartite meeting in Peru, Bolivia and Chile
La Paz (Agenzia Fides) - The V tripartite meeting between Peru, Bolivia and Chile is in progress in La Paz (Bolivia), attended by 15 Bishops of the three local churches in Latin America. The meeting, which began on Monday 21, will conclude on Thursday, October 24, and deals with issues related to regional integration, the situation of young people in these countries and the phenomenon of migration, which will be analyzed from the pastoral challenges point of view for each country.
According to the note sent to Fides Agency, the meeting also aims to strengthen the bonds of communion and fraternity that unite local Churches, to reflect on issues of common interest, and deepen ecclesial reality in the region in the light of Pope Francis’ speech at the coordination meeting of the Latin American Episcopal Council (CELAM). The previous tripartite meetings were held in Iquique (Chile) in 2000; in Santa Cruz de la Sierra (Bolivia) in 2003; in Lima (Peru) in 2006; and in Santiago del Chile in 2011. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/10/2013)
- 2015-09-17 - Intervention of Mgr. Scarpellini on the candidacy of Morales: "Alternation is an expression of democracy"
- 2015-08-19 - Heavy rains leave more than a thousand of families homeless
- 2015-08-17 - Prison conditions improve thanks to mediation by Pope Francis
- 2015-07-29 - Government and people commence dialogue for definitive solution
- 2015-07-24 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Parishes shelter demonstrators demanding solutions to the mining question
- 2015-07-09 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – The faithful wait "standing" for the arrival of the Pope
- 2015-07-08 - "The world needs to change": Cardinal Turkson opens the World Meeting of Social Movements
- 2015-06-26 - The Pope will conclude the World Meeting of Social Movements
- 2015-05-27 - Radio and TV to announce the Gospel in the Vicariate of Nuflo de Chavez
- 2015-05-05 - Adoption campaign for children with disabilities