AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Integration, youth and migration: Priorities of the tripartite meeting in Peru, Bolivia and Chile
La Paz (Agenzia Fides) - The V tripartite meeting between Peru, Bolivia and Chile is in progress in La Paz (Bolivia), attended by 15 Bishops of the three local churches in Latin America. The meeting, which began on Monday 21, will conclude on Thursday, October 24, and deals with issues related to regional integration, the situation of young people in these countries and the phenomenon of migration, which will be analyzed from the pastoral challenges point of view for each country.
According to the note sent to Fides Agency, the meeting also aims to strengthen the bonds of communion and fraternity that unite local Churches, to reflect on issues of common interest, and deepen ecclesial reality in the region in the light of Pope Francis’ speech at the coordination meeting of the Latin American Episcopal Council (CELAM). The previous tripartite meetings were held in Iquique (Chile) in 2000; in Santa Cruz de la Sierra (Bolivia) in 2003; in Lima (Peru) in 2006; and in Santiago del Chile in 2011. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/10/2013)
- 2015-11-20 - The Church strongly rejects the use of the image of the Pope for political activities
- 2015-11-13 - The Episcopal Conference: "We need and want a change"
- 2015-11-07 - The Pontifical Mission Societies in Bolivia towards the American Missionary Congress
- 2015-11-06 - 100th Assembly of the Episcopal Conference: V American Missionary Congress (CAM 5) is among the topics to be discussed
- 2015-10-15 - The Maryknoll Mission Center has been offering missionaries a valuable service for half a century
- 2015-10-12 - The Pope's message at the forum on climate: "Follow a fair and integral ecology"
- 2015-10-09 - Nuncio Diquattro representative of the Holy See at the World Conference on Climate Change
- 2015-09-17 - Intervention of Mgr. Scarpellini on the candidacy of Morales: "Alternation is an expression of democracy"
- 2015-08-19 - Heavy rains leave more than a thousand of families homeless
- 2015-08-17 - Prison conditions improve thanks to mediation by Pope Francis