AMERICA/MEXICO - Even 140 young conscripts engaged in the campaign "Mexico without hunger"
Nuevo Laredo (Agenzia Fides) - 140 young conscripts of the Mexican military service (SMM) are participating in the annual campaign "A Mexico without hunger", organized by the local Caritas. The start of the campaign was given by the Bishop of Nuevo Laredo (Tamaulipas, Mexico), His Exc. Mgr. Gustavo Rodríguez Vega, who lowering the flag of departure, as in sports competitions, saw 140 young people, all wearing SMM T-shirts, disperse through the streets of the town and join the other volunteers of the parishes of the diocese.
The note sent to Fides Agency reports that these young people go from house to house to solicit the membership of people who live in the countryside. Mgr. Gustavo Rodriguez Vega acknowledged the support of young people and encouraged them to continue this noble task for those who have little or nothing, remembering that the campaign will also be destined to the homeless of Tamaulipas and Guerrero. "The campaign does not stop, because thanks to your help, people will be able to continue to donate and so one will be able to assist the victims of the state of Guerrero, Tamaulipas and other places of Mexico", said the Bishop, who was accompanied by municipal authorities and the military.
The annual campaign has the objective to assist families in difficult situations and takes place in different places of the country (see Fides 08/10/2013).
This year, the recent passage of storms in the area (see Fides 19/09/2013) has put many families in serious economic difficulties. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/10/2013)
- 2014-09-01 - “Migrants: for a better world”, pastoral care for human mobility national meeting
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"