AMERICA/MEXICO - Even 140 young conscripts engaged in the campaign "Mexico without hunger"
Nuevo Laredo (Agenzia Fides) - 140 young conscripts of the Mexican military service (SMM) are participating in the annual campaign "A Mexico without hunger", organized by the local Caritas. The start of the campaign was given by the Bishop of Nuevo Laredo (Tamaulipas, Mexico), His Exc. Mgr. Gustavo Rodríguez Vega, who lowering the flag of departure, as in sports competitions, saw 140 young people, all wearing SMM T-shirts, disperse through the streets of the town and join the other volunteers of the parishes of the diocese.
The note sent to Fides Agency reports that these young people go from house to house to solicit the membership of people who live in the countryside. Mgr. Gustavo Rodriguez Vega acknowledged the support of young people and encouraged them to continue this noble task for those who have little or nothing, remembering that the campaign will also be destined to the homeless of Tamaulipas and Guerrero. "The campaign does not stop, because thanks to your help, people will be able to continue to donate and so one will be able to assist the victims of the state of Guerrero, Tamaulipas and other places of Mexico", said the Bishop, who was accompanied by municipal authorities and the military.
The annual campaign has the objective to assist families in difficult situations and takes place in different places of the country (see Fides 08/10/2013).
This year, the recent passage of storms in the area (see Fides 19/09/2013) has put many families in serious economic difficulties. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/10/2013)
- 2014-10-21 - When you do not respect the right of even one person, it jeopardizes the right of all
- 2014-10-21 - 2000 children have been killed or maimed between 2006 and 2014
- 2014-10-15 - "Never accept violence as a solution", warns Mgr. Lona Reyes who proposes a prayer campaign
- 2014-10-14 - Bishops on the Iguala case: "clarify what happened, the truth is the path to justice"
- 2014-10-10 - The tragedy of Iguala and its consequences: a letter from the Archbishop of Acapulco
- 2014-10-09 - Corrupt policemen and climate of mistrust, the Bishop of La Paz denounces the silence of the authorities
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction
- 2014-09-24 - Priest found dead in the river Balsas
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"
- 2014-09-16 - "To be free is to recognise goodness and see that evil enslaves”: Independence Day celebrations