AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Schoolbags and free educational materials for 30,000 children in the Country
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - 30,000 children across the Country received free schoolbags and educational materials through an education program sponsored by the Venezuelan state oil company PDVSA Centro de Arte La Estancia. In Caracas, in the Sucre parish 6,000 schoolbags were distributed to students from 12 schools. The aim of the program is to make the children aware, from an early age, of the importance of non-renewable resources. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 21/10/2013)
AMERICA/VENEZUELA – SCHOOLBAGS AND FREE EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS FOR 30,000 CHILDREN IN THE COUNTRY
- 2015-03-03 - Classes suspended in the University of Tachira, false accusations made against the Catholic University
- 2015-02-27 - The Bishops: "Stop murderous violence!"
- 2015-02-25 - More violence and protests: 6 dead in six days of demonstrations
- 2015-02-24 - Growing tension in the capital, Cardinal Urosa denounces murder of 3 students
- 2015-02-20 - Police arrest Mayor of Caracas, for Archbishop Lückert “proof of dictatorship ”
- 2015-01-31 - Four churches attacked in Mérida
- 2015-01-30 - Mgr. Parra robbed during a parish meeting: "Money is spent on many things, but not on safety"
- 2015-01-13 - Dialogue to end the crisis: the exhortation of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-12 - Shops are empty: Cardinal Urosa calls on the government to act quickly and urges to remain calm
- 2015-01-08 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Assembly of Bishops: dialogue to end the crisis and the necessity to find agreed solutions