AMERICA/BRAZIL - Orionines at the Assembly in Aparecida, 100 years after the arrival of the first missionaries in Brazil
Aparecida ( Agenzia Fides) - The General Assembly of the Sons of Divine Providence of the Don Orione has started in Aparecida del Norte, the city of the great Marian shrine between Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo. There are over 60 delegates from all over the world, representing the 32 nations where the Sons of Don Orione are present. According to information sent to Fides Agency, the Assembly takes place in Brazil to mark the centenary of the arrival of the first missionaries sent by Don Orione in this land, exactly in the state of Minas Gerais (see Fides 17/07/2013), that marked the missionary outreach of the Congregation beyond the borders of Italy.
At the beginning of the Assembly, Fr. Antonio Sagrado Bogaz gave a report on the historical and current presence of the Congregation in Brazil, then highlighted, with the help of videos and power point, the beginnings and the activity of the Congregation in all countries where it is currently present.
The meeting - which has the theme "Charity alone will save the world" – was presided by the superior general of the Sons of Divine Providence (FDP), Don Flavio Peloso, and the General Council, all provincial Superiors, the Superior General of the Little Missionary Sisters of Charity (PSMC), Sister Mary Mabel, the general coordinator of the Don Orione Lay Movement and the head of Don Orione Secular Institute were present. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 19/10/2013)
- 2014-04-07 - CIMI delivers a document on the suffering of the indigenous peoples of the Amazon to the Pope
- 2014-04-04 - "He taught us that in order for the Gospel to be proclaimed it must be acculturated": Brazil and Spain in celebration for the canonization of "Father Anchieta"
- 2014-04-02 - "For a future in freedom and democracy": Bishops' message after 50 years since the military coup
- 2014-03-26 - The Brazilian Church accompanies the World Cup inviting to combat trafficking
- 2014-03-04 - " Fraternity and human trafficking", a constant struggle against this scourge
- 2014-02-17 - "Play for Life": thousands of religious mobilize against human trafficking
- 2014-02-06 - Cardinal Filoni: "The announcement ad gentes is part of the responsibility that all the particular Churches have toward Christ"
- 2014-02-04 - Cardinal Filoni to Brazilian Bishops: The II Vatican Council and the missionary dimension of the Church
- 2014-02-03 - 50 years since the II Vatican Council: missionary commitment, consecrated life, episcopal ministry of Bishops
- 2014-01-23 - Prisons do not re-educate and are in crisis: intervention of the Archbishop of Rio