AMERICA/BRAZIL - Orionines at the Assembly in Aparecida, 100 years after the arrival of the first missionaries in Brazil
Aparecida ( Agenzia Fides) - The General Assembly of the Sons of Divine Providence of the Don Orione has started in Aparecida del Norte, the city of the great Marian shrine between Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo. There are over 60 delegates from all over the world, representing the 32 nations where the Sons of Don Orione are present. According to information sent to Fides Agency, the Assembly takes place in Brazil to mark the centenary of the arrival of the first missionaries sent by Don Orione in this land, exactly in the state of Minas Gerais (see Fides 17/07/2013), that marked the missionary outreach of the Congregation beyond the borders of Italy.
At the beginning of the Assembly, Fr. Antonio Sagrado Bogaz gave a report on the historical and current presence of the Congregation in Brazil, then highlighted, with the help of videos and power point, the beginnings and the activity of the Congregation in all countries where it is currently present.
The meeting - which has the theme "Charity alone will save the world" – was presided by the superior general of the Sons of Divine Providence (FDP), Don Flavio Peloso, and the General Council, all provincial Superiors, the Superior General of the Little Missionary Sisters of Charity (PSMC), Sister Mary Mabel, the general coordinator of the Don Orione Lay Movement and the head of Don Orione Secular Institute were present. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 19/10/2013)
- 2014-12-15 - cultural immersion before the mission
- 2014-12-02 - In Haiti, the needs are still so many, the commitment of the religious women of Brazil continues
- 2014-11-24 - There are now 500 thousand signatures which have been collected for the Democratic Political Reform
- 2014-11-20 - Support of the Church with regards to the formation of political consciousness for democratic reform
- 2014-10-27 - Beatification of the co-founder of the Scalabrinians: "May the whole Church be missionary of truth, mother Assunta did it"
- 2014-10-27 - Dilma Rousseff re-elected President with a narrow margin: she will have to face recession, corruption and discontent
- 2014-10-24 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – Bishops’ statement: "No backtrack on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples"
- 2014-09-24 - Missionary Campaign 2014: One cannot combat human trafficking without combatting poverty and inequality
- 2014-09-18 - Elections of October 5: corruption enters the electoral debate
- 2014-09-17 - Join forces for joint action: establishment of the "Red Eclesial Pan-Amazon"