AMERICA/BRAZIL - Orionines at the Assembly in Aparecida, 100 years after the arrival of the first missionaries in Brazil
Aparecida ( Agenzia Fides) - The General Assembly of the Sons of Divine Providence of the Don Orione has started in Aparecida del Norte, the city of the great Marian shrine between Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo. There are over 60 delegates from all over the world, representing the 32 nations where the Sons of Don Orione are present. According to information sent to Fides Agency, the Assembly takes place in Brazil to mark the centenary of the arrival of the first missionaries sent by Don Orione in this land, exactly in the state of Minas Gerais (see Fides 17/07/2013), that marked the missionary outreach of the Congregation beyond the borders of Italy.
At the beginning of the Assembly, Fr. Antonio Sagrado Bogaz gave a report on the historical and current presence of the Congregation in Brazil, then highlighted, with the help of videos and power point, the beginnings and the activity of the Congregation in all countries where it is currently present.
The meeting - which has the theme "Charity alone will save the world" – was presided by the superior general of the Sons of Divine Providence (FDP), Don Flavio Peloso, and the General Council, all provincial Superiors, the Superior General of the Little Missionary Sisters of Charity (PSMC), Sister Mary Mabel, the general coordinator of the Don Orione Lay Movement and the head of Don Orione Secular Institute were present. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 19/10/2013)
- 2015-05-27 - Bishops’ refelection: "Thinking Brazil", social inequalities in Brazil
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI
- 2015-04-28 - Theme chosen for Missionary Campaign 2015 in Brazil: "Mission is to serve"
- 2015-04-15 - Report of the Pastoral Commission for Land: Homicides in the rural area increase
- 2015-04-13 - First missionary experience of fifty young men and women religious in the Amazon
- 2015-04-09 - Twelve million people live in favelas: educational projects for children
- 2015-04-01 - The Bishops' of Paranà: "We too suffer with the people ..."
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved