AMERICA/MEXICO – More violence in Baja California: an officer killed in front of the Bishop's house
Mexicali (Agenzia Fides) - Violence in Baja California Norte (Mexico) does not stop: last night Antonio Ruiz Vargas, a security officer was killed. The note sent to Fides Agency reports that the officer was found dead in his car, hit by several rounds of gunfire in front of the Bishop’s house of the Diocese of Mexicali, His Exc. Mgr. José Isidro Guerrero Macías, in Colonia Nuova area. The police has not yet issued an official statement on the causes of this terrible incident.
According to data gathered by Fides, the police officer was not directly responsible for the Bishop's security, but he was still assigned to that area due to the many complaints of theft and armed attacks suffered by people who left the church and, in general, who live in the neighborhood. The officer was killed right in front of the Bishop's house.
Tijuana and Mexicali are the two cities in Baja California that ultimately feel the brunt of the violence carried out by small armed groups who want to emerge through their acts of violence. Theft and armed robbery have, therefore, increased. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 19/10/2013)
AMERICA/MEXICO – MORE VIOLENCE IN BAJA CALIFORNIA: AN OFFICER KILLED IN FRONT OF THE BISHOP'S HOUSE
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States
- 2015-04-17 - The Assembly of Bishops: "Without trust and participation we cannot go forth!"
- 2015-04-15 - Every year thousands of children are born on the street, at home or in situations considered at high risk
- 2015-04-14 - Meeting between the Church and those responsible of the elections: no to boycott
- 2015-04-09 - Another priest killed
- 2015-03-31 - The denunciation of the Bishop of Piedras Negras: Too many missing persons of whom we know nothing
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase