AMERICA/MEXICO – More violence in Baja California: an officer killed in front of the Bishop's house
Mexicali (Agenzia Fides) - Violence in Baja California Norte (Mexico) does not stop: last night Antonio Ruiz Vargas, a security officer was killed. The note sent to Fides Agency reports that the officer was found dead in his car, hit by several rounds of gunfire in front of the Bishop’s house of the Diocese of Mexicali, His Exc. Mgr. José Isidro Guerrero Macías, in Colonia Nuova area. The police has not yet issued an official statement on the causes of this terrible incident.
According to data gathered by Fides, the police officer was not directly responsible for the Bishop's security, but he was still assigned to that area due to the many complaints of theft and armed attacks suffered by people who left the church and, in general, who live in the neighborhood. The officer was killed right in front of the Bishop's house.
Tijuana and Mexicali are the two cities in Baja California that ultimately feel the brunt of the violence carried out by small armed groups who want to emerge through their acts of violence. Theft and armed robbery have, therefore, increased. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 19/10/2013)
AMERICA/MEXICO – MORE VIOLENCE IN BAJA CALIFORNIA: AN OFFICER KILLED IN FRONT OF THE BISHOP'S HOUSE
- 2015-01-19 - Bishop of Zacatecas: The closure of mines is everyone’s problem
- 2015-01-17 - "We must stop violent groups", said Bishop Gallardo
- 2015-01-16 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Guerrero appreciate the good will of the army
- 2015-01-16 - The New Testament in Tsotsil language in the pipeline
- 2015-01-14 - Corruption: a serious disease that has infected all
- 2015-01-09 - The priests of Guerrero "continue to preach the Gospel as always" despite threats and blackmail,
- 2015-01-07 - "The jungle law" does not stop theft
- 2015-01-02 - "The street is my family": Christmas season: love for children, youth and marginalized people
- 2014-12-23 - Mexico is the most dangerous country in Latin America where to exercise the priestly ministry
- 2014-12-22 - The Apostolic Nuncio celebrates Mass for the families of the students who have disappeared from Ayotzinapa