AMERICA/MEXICO – More violence in Baja California: an officer killed in front of the Bishop's house
Mexicali (Agenzia Fides) - Violence in Baja California Norte (Mexico) does not stop: last night Antonio Ruiz Vargas, a security officer was killed. The note sent to Fides Agency reports that the officer was found dead in his car, hit by several rounds of gunfire in front of the Bishop’s house of the Diocese of Mexicali, His Exc. Mgr. José Isidro Guerrero Macías, in Colonia Nuova area. The police has not yet issued an official statement on the causes of this terrible incident.
According to data gathered by Fides, the police officer was not directly responsible for the Bishop's security, but he was still assigned to that area due to the many complaints of theft and armed attacks suffered by people who left the church and, in general, who live in the neighborhood. The officer was killed right in front of the Bishop's house.
Tijuana and Mexicali are the two cities in Baja California that ultimately feel the brunt of the violence carried out by small armed groups who want to emerge through their acts of violence. Theft and armed robbery have, therefore, increased. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 19/10/2013)
AMERICA/MEXICO – MORE VIOLENCE IN BAJA CALIFORNIA: AN OFFICER KILLED IN FRONT OF THE BISHOP'S HOUSE
- 2015-11-18 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The missing priest's body found, he had been set on fire
- 2015-11-17 - Parish priest in Cook has been missing for days
- 2015-11-16 - The child martyrs of Tlaxcala: martyrs of all Latin America
- 2015-11-12 - Minors not allowed to work in the sugarcane fields
- 2015-11-10 - A battlefield where migrants suffer, are attacked, die
- 2015-11-06 - Mgr. Arizmendi inaugurates a house of the migrant in Tuxtla Gutierrez
- 2015-11-05 - Bishops' appeal for peace: "Dialogue with everyone, even with organized crime"
- 2015-11-03 - For the first time in Mexican history a Pope's encyclical will be presented in the Senate
- 2015-10-27 - “Drugs are drugs even when sold as medicines”: the Catholic stance
- 2015-10-27 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Children in mining areas risk lead poisoning