AMERICA/MEXICO – More violence in Baja California: an officer killed in front of the Bishop's house
Mexicali (Agenzia Fides) - Violence in Baja California Norte (Mexico) does not stop: last night Antonio Ruiz Vargas, a security officer was killed. The note sent to Fides Agency reports that the officer was found dead in his car, hit by several rounds of gunfire in front of the Bishop’s house of the Diocese of Mexicali, His Exc. Mgr. José Isidro Guerrero Macías, in Colonia Nuova area. The police has not yet issued an official statement on the causes of this terrible incident.
According to data gathered by Fides, the police officer was not directly responsible for the Bishop's security, but he was still assigned to that area due to the many complaints of theft and armed attacks suffered by people who left the church and, in general, who live in the neighborhood. The officer was killed right in front of the Bishop's house.
Tijuana and Mexicali are the two cities in Baja California that ultimately feel the brunt of the violence carried out by small armed groups who want to emerge through their acts of violence. Theft and armed robbery have, therefore, increased. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 19/10/2013)
AMERICA/MEXICO – MORE VIOLENCE IN BAJA CALIFORNIA: AN OFFICER KILLED IN FRONT OF THE BISHOP'S HOUSE
- 2015-05-27 - Tornado among the strongest recorded in the country affects Ciudad Acuña: 14 deaths and massive damage
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination
- 2015-05-13 - Tarahumara children sleep in schools so they are not forced to walk five hours
- 2015-05-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – When will violence be stopped?
- 2015-05-11 - Mgr. Armendáriz to candidates: "We want proposals rather than promises"
- 2015-05-06 - The monumental image of the "Cristo de las Noas" will be donated to the diocese of Torreon
- 2015-04-30 - Toys, sweets, clothes, shoes: collection in favor of the more vulnerable indigenous children
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language