AMERICA/MEXICO – More violence in Baja California: an officer killed in front of the Bishop's house
Mexicali (Agenzia Fides) - Violence in Baja California Norte (Mexico) does not stop: last night Antonio Ruiz Vargas, a security officer was killed. The note sent to Fides Agency reports that the officer was found dead in his car, hit by several rounds of gunfire in front of the Bishop’s house of the Diocese of Mexicali, His Exc. Mgr. José Isidro Guerrero Macías, in Colonia Nuova area. The police has not yet issued an official statement on the causes of this terrible incident.
According to data gathered by Fides, the police officer was not directly responsible for the Bishop's security, but he was still assigned to that area due to the many complaints of theft and armed attacks suffered by people who left the church and, in general, who live in the neighborhood. The officer was killed right in front of the Bishop's house.
Tijuana and Mexicali are the two cities in Baja California that ultimately feel the brunt of the violence carried out by small armed groups who want to emerge through their acts of violence. Theft and armed robbery have, therefore, increased. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 19/10/2013)
- 2014-10-21 - When you do not respect the right of even one person, it jeopardizes the right of all
- 2014-10-21 - 2000 children have been killed or maimed between 2006 and 2014
- 2014-10-15 - "Never accept violence as a solution", warns Mgr. Lona Reyes who proposes a prayer campaign
- 2014-10-14 - Bishops on the Iguala case: "clarify what happened, the truth is the path to justice"
- 2014-10-10 - The tragedy of Iguala and its consequences: a letter from the Archbishop of Acapulco
- 2014-10-09 - Corrupt policemen and climate of mistrust, the Bishop of La Paz denounces the silence of the authorities
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction
- 2014-09-24 - Priest found dead in the river Balsas
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"
- 2014-09-16 - "To be free is to recognise goodness and see that evil enslaves”: Independence Day celebrations