AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Missionary Children: Third Congress with more than 2000 children in the area of Potosi
Potosi (Agenzia Fides) - The Third Diocesan Congress of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence will be held from 16 to 20 October in the city of Potosi with the slogan "As a missionary child I receive and share my faith". Symbol of the meeting is the mascot known by all, namely the "Abejita Missionaria" (The missionary bee). The main objective of this Congress is to allow faith and core values to grow in children, in order to build a new society.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the PMS of Bolivia reports that the diocesan director of the PMS in Potosi, Fr. Gustavo Rivero, along with the diocesan team, have planned various activities to be held during the four-day Congress, which will conclude with World Mission Day (DOMUND), on Sunday, October 20. The Congress is attended by more than 2,000 children from all pastoral areas, fruit of the work of missionary animation that is developing in all the parishes of the diocese. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/10/2013)
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"
- 2014-03-27 - Bishops’ priorities: Indigenous and social pastoral, relaunch of the Permanent Mission
- 2014-03-17 - Heavy rains have caused deaths and injuries in the Beni area, the lack of food is worrying
- 2014-02-28 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Flood stricken native peoples in Beni destitute and starving
- 2014-02-25 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Classrooms under water, 10 toilets and no water for more than 1000 pupils
- 2014-01-28 - National Emergency: 6000 homeless families due to rains and floods
- 2014-01-22 - The Andean Countries together for the XIII Regional Meeting of the Youth Ministry
- 2013-12-12 - Cardinal Terrazas urges to "combat violence, not with words, but with actions"
- 2013-12-03 - "We cannot live in fear, we must take the path of peace", says the Archbishop of Santa Cruz