ASIA/EAST TIMOR - A response to the main need in East Timor: education
Dili (Agenzia Fides) - The Jesuits of East Timor have taken a step forward in the realization of the project "Instituto de Educação Jesuita" obtaining 6.7 acres of land adjacent to their school. The institute for the training of teachers and a secondary school will be built here, where the Indonesian school was previously situated, according to information sent to Fides Agency by the General Curia of the Jesuits.
"It is great news - said Fr. Mark Raper, S.J., Superior of the independent region of East Timor – for the young people of this nation. It will help us to reach out to what is considered the greatest need for East Timor, education. Fr. Raper has a lot of confidence in this project, but says that it "will require careful planning and will be able to fulfill it only if we are able to find resources to support it". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 16/10/2013)
- 2015-06-10 - National Director of the PMS: "Faith and youth walk together in East Timor"
- 2015-01-31 - First fruits of the commitment of the Jesuits in the field of education
- 2013-10-16 - A response to the main need in East Timor: education
- 2013-04-30 - The Jesuits: apostolate in prisons in Dili, encouraged by Pope Francis
- 2012-09-14 - "The challenge of the sects, in the horizon of the new evangelization": Meeting of Bishops of the Lusophone countries
- 2012-04-17 - New president elected: the challenges are education and development
- 2012-02-25 - Catholics on the eve of the election: peace, justice, prayer for the country's future
- 2011-06-22 - The missionaries working in the country have been recognized as "heroes" by Parliament
- 2011-04-18 - Indonesia also in favour: East Timor approaches ASEAN
- 2010-10-11 - “Too many” seminarians: a challenge for the month of the missions