AMERICA/PERU - Also the indigenous children Kukama took part in the "TINKUY 2013"
Nauta (Agenzia Fides) - Four days to share knowledge and experiences of life of their communities with other children of different villages and cultures. During TINKUY 2013, which was recently held in Lima, several children of the indigenous group Kukama, of the city of Nauta in the heart of the Amazon, also learned a few words of different languages with which they could interact with others. TINKUY 2013, an event called "Dialogue based on Knowledge: To know my people and the world", saw the participation of over a hundred boys and girls of 15 native villages of the Country, Afro-Peruvians, students from Lima with migrant origin, such as Peruvian - Chinese, Germans, Italians, Arabs, Jews. The young children Kukama - Kukamiria showed their "techniques" on how to build traps to hunt animals, which attracted great interest unlike other most common projects which are already on the market. Nauta is a small town with 10,000 inhabitants, famous for being the first fluvial city in the Loreto region, in the Amazon. (AP) (15/10/2013 Agenzia Fides)
- 2015-07-25 - AMERICA/PERU – 100 years of mission among indigenous women in the Amazon
- 2015-07-23 - Peru and Brazil together to eradicate child labour in Amazonia
- 2015-07-03 - Lost childhood in coffee plantations
- 2015-06-13 - National Week of the Migrant: Letter of Bishops to 3 million Peruvians abroad
- 2015-05-12 - Bishops call for urgent action and dialogue, "No more violence" for the Tia Maria case
- 2015-04-13 - Many children grow up in prison with their imprisoned mothers
- 2015-04-09 - Children forced to attend classes under trees infested by wasps
- 2015-02-05 - In August, the beatification of three missionaries killed: the first martyrs of the diocese and Peru
- 2015-02-04 - The three missionaries killed in 1991 will be beatified because they were close to the poorest
- 2015-01-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote asks protection for judges: "We are living in fear"