AMERICA/PERU - Also the indigenous children Kukama took part in the "TINKUY 2013"
Nauta (Agenzia Fides) - Four days to share knowledge and experiences of life of their communities with other children of different villages and cultures. During TINKUY 2013, which was recently held in Lima, several children of the indigenous group Kukama, of the city of Nauta in the heart of the Amazon, also learned a few words of different languages with which they could interact with others. TINKUY 2013, an event called "Dialogue based on Knowledge: To know my people and the world", saw the participation of over a hundred boys and girls of 15 native villages of the Country, Afro-Peruvians, students from Lima with migrant origin, such as Peruvian - Chinese, Germans, Italians, Arabs, Jews. The young children Kukama - Kukamiria showed their "techniques" on how to build traps to hunt animals, which attracted great interest unlike other most common projects which are already on the market. Nauta is a small town with 10,000 inhabitants, famous for being the first fluvial city in the Loreto region, in the Amazon. (AP) (15/10/2013 Agenzia Fides)
- 2014-09-30 - How to prevent child labor and ensure adequate opportunities for growth
- 2014-09-23 - "Gold fever" increases human trafficking and sexual exploitation
- 2014-09-19 - The activist who fought for the Amazonian forest, against the deforestation of his land killed
- 2014-09-10 - “Young people without frontiers”: witnesses and proclaimers of the faith to the world of today
- 2014-09-05 - Elections: Bishops concerned about serious signs of corruption and distrust in politics
- 2014-08-18 - Killed during their missionary work 23 years ago
- 2014-07-26 - 193 years of independent and Catholic life
- 2014-07-07 - The President receives requests to stop the law on therapeutic abortion
- 2014-07-04 - School conditions for poor Ashaninkas children
- 2014-07-02 - Legislation for therapeutic abortion is "immoral, unconstitutional and illegal"