AMERICA/PERU - Also the indigenous children Kukama took part in the "TINKUY 2013"
Nauta (Agenzia Fides) - Four days to share knowledge and experiences of life of their communities with other children of different villages and cultures. During TINKUY 2013, which was recently held in Lima, several children of the indigenous group Kukama, of the city of Nauta in the heart of the Amazon, also learned a few words of different languages with which they could interact with others. TINKUY 2013, an event called "Dialogue based on Knowledge: To know my people and the world", saw the participation of over a hundred boys and girls of 15 native villages of the Country, Afro-Peruvians, students from Lima with migrant origin, such as Peruvian - Chinese, Germans, Italians, Arabs, Jews. The young children Kukama - Kukamiria showed their "techniques" on how to build traps to hunt animals, which attracted great interest unlike other most common projects which are already on the market. Nauta is a small town with 10,000 inhabitants, famous for being the first fluvial city in the Loreto region, in the Amazon. (AP) (15/10/2013 Agenzia Fides)
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas
- 2014-04-02 - More than 600 former child workers have started school in the province of Chiclayo
- 2014-03-21 - Bishop of Chimbote obligated to special security measures
- 2014-03-07 - The Church denounces the alarming pollution of the Peruvian forest
- 2014-02-27 - “Ninos de plomo” Children of Lead: education programme for mineral contaminated minors
- 2014-02-19 - "For a participated and technical debate": the Bishops on the university law
- 2014-01-28 - Dispute between Peru and Chile: an example of how to resolve differences in a peaceful manner
- 2014-01-21 - In prayer for harmony among the peoples, pending the judgment of the Hague
- 2014-01-20 - The Bishops gathered in Plenary Assembly
- 2014-01-14 - "Without communication, there are no rights"