AMERICA/COLOMBIA - A Foundation in favor of children victims of sexual abuse
Cali (Agenzia Fides) – In Pasadena there is an institute where children can live "a new life". We are talking about the Asociación Hogar Niños por un Nuevo Planeta, created to protect the most vulnerable children in the Colombian neighborhood. In particular, young children and adolescents victims of sexual abuse and violence are taken care of. Currently there are 300 children who arrived without the desire to live and are deeply hurt. Over the years three basic programs have been organized: one called Nenufar, purity of heart, and is focused on young victims of sexual abuse. The second is Flor de Loto, for those who have been sexually exploited for prostitution, which aims to help them recover the will to live; the third program Ni-nanas, deals with mothers who are victims of sexual violence and are currently working for the foundation. Thanks to this structure, children and adolescents not only receive a worthy place to live, but they have the opportunity to study. Sexual violence is a phenomenon where 30 % of cases of children who have been victims of this crime are in turn transformed into violent aggressors. In Colombia, every 30 minutes, 19 children are being raped. Now, the foundation is building a new home in Sopó, which intends to turn into one of the largest private institution for the protection of children victims of sexual violence in Colombia and in Latin America. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 10/10/2013)
- 2015-07-16 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Priest murdered in the sacristy as he was about to celebrate mass
- 2015-07-13 - Once the peace agreement is signed, the real challenge of the government will be how to handle the situation
- 2015-07-09 - "The peace process is alive", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga; letter of the religious leaders
- 2015-06-24 - Latin American Religious give their full support and unreserved commitment for Peace in Colombia
- 2015-06-17 - Silent march in Tumaco: after 60 years of violence it is now time to form "a truly civilized society"
- 2015-06-10 - The inhabitants of port of Buenaventura subjected to "collective torture"
- 2015-06-09 - Human trafficking, new areopagus of consecrated life in Latin America
- 2015-05-26 - "Stop deaths! An agreement has to be reached as soon as possible", asks Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2015-05-22 - In the tragedy a light of life: the funeral of 33 of the 84 deaths due to the landslide in Salgar
- 2015-05-07 - Children recruited by the FARC: they are prisoners and infected with the human papilloma virus