AMERICA/COLOMBIA - A Foundation in favor of children victims of sexual abuse
Cali (Agenzia Fides) – In Pasadena there is an institute where children can live "a new life". We are talking about the Asociación Hogar Niños por un Nuevo Planeta, created to protect the most vulnerable children in the Colombian neighborhood. In particular, young children and adolescents victims of sexual abuse and violence are taken care of. Currently there are 300 children who arrived without the desire to live and are deeply hurt. Over the years three basic programs have been organized: one called Nenufar, purity of heart, and is focused on young victims of sexual abuse. The second is Flor de Loto, for those who have been sexually exploited for prostitution, which aims to help them recover the will to live; the third program Ni-nanas, deals with mothers who are victims of sexual violence and are currently working for the foundation. Thanks to this structure, children and adolescents not only receive a worthy place to live, but they have the opportunity to study. Sexual violence is a phenomenon where 30 % of cases of children who have been victims of this crime are in turn transformed into violent aggressors. In Colombia, every 30 minutes, 19 children are being raped. Now, the foundation is building a new home in Sopó, which intends to turn into one of the largest private institution for the protection of children victims of sexual violence in Colombia and in Latin America. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 10/10/2013)
- 2015-11-24 - Peace process: no need to hasten the signing without verifying the international law
- 2015-11-21 - The Church: need to clarify the referendum to have lasting peace
- 2015-11-19 - "There are connections between the conflicts in the Middle East and environmental issues" says a Jesuit
- 2015-11-16 - Poverty on the rise in Santa Fe and Chapinero: daily wage and lack of retirement among the causes
- 2015-11-12 - Meeting of the Pan-Amazonian Network: necessity to listen to indigenous peoples to protect creation
- 2015-10-20 - Mgr. Castro Quiroga: "The opening of dialogue with ELN is positive news"
- 2015-10-19 - "Pope Francis" food bank for needy families in Villavicencio
- 2015-10-09 - Cardinal Pimiento: "Vote-buying is a crime"
- 2015-10-02 - Become peacemakers: 400 priests offer the opportunity to receive the sacrament of reconciliation
- 2015-09-24 - Colombia towards peace through the path of reconciliation