EUROPE/GERMANY - "Exodus for Peace": The Contribution of the Scalabrini Family on a journey with migrants and refugees
Stuttgart (Agenzia Fides) - Globalization, today's "liquid society" has made the world a global village and has globalized local villages. In Europe, as in other continents, the social fabric is increasingly characterized, also because of migration, by the "crossbreeding" of different languages, cultures and religions. This results in the need for a great cultural and spiritual "exodus", which implies a radical shift of perspective: from a nationalistic to a global culture, from the culture of local identity to the culture of reception, from the myth of the clash of civilization to the meeting of cultures, from an expansive vision of religions to a dialogic vision of relations among religions. The new name for peace is today coexistence, empathetic dialogue, reception.
They are concepts expressed by father Benjamin Smith, a Scalabrini missionary, President of the Scalabrini Agency for Cooperation and Development, who led the Reflection Forum titled: "Exodus for peace ... into which you were also called in one body (cf. . Col 3:15)", during the Scalabrini-Fest of Fruits 2013.
The initiative, brought together more than 250 young people, adults and families with children, from 33 different countries, from October 4 to 6, at the Spirituality Centre of the Scalabrini Missionaries of Stuttgart, in cooperation with the Scalabrini Secular Missionaries. During the Eucharistic the profession of the vows of poverty, chastity and obedience took place, on behalf of a new Scalabrini missionary, the Mexican Regina Maria Rosales Medina. (LD/SL) (Agenzia Fides 09/10/2013)
- 2015-03-06 - "Witnesses of Christ": new edition of the German martyrology of the twentieth century with 60 missionaries killed
- 2014-12-19 - The Star Singers want to "ensure healthy nutrition for children in the Philippines and around the world"
- 2014-10-11 - Newness of the Blessed Scalabrini in the Migration world today
- 2013-12-18 - EUROPE/GERMANY – From the Star Singers: "a blessing for refugee children in Malawi and around the world"
- 2013-10-14 - Syrian Refugees in the Benedictine abbey of Weingarten
- 2013-10-09 - "Exodus for Peace": The Contribution of the Scalabrini Family on a journey with migrants and refugees
- 2012-12-20 - From the Star Singers: a blessing for Tanzania
- 2012-10-10 - Experience communion among differences is possible if we remain in Christ, as the branches and the vine
- 2011-12-21 - "Knock on doors, insist on your rights": 54th Campaign of the Star Singers (Sternsinger) who have chosen Nicaragua as this year’s symbol country
- 2011-10-12 - The catholicity of the Church: Gift and Mission