ASIA/VIETNAM - Campaign in favor of the poor and populations affected by natural disasters
Hanoi (Agenzia Fides) - The group of the Fatherland Front of Hanoi, along with the municipal Radio-Television, organized an event to start the Month for the Poor 2013 and the campaign of support for those affected by typhoons and flooding. It is an annual event that aims to highlight the sense of unity and humanity of the Vietnamese people towards the national cause of the elimination of hunger and reduction of poverty. The municipal representatives have urged business groups, organizations, institutions and national and international individuals to help compatriots in financial difficulty and those caused by natural disasters. In Hanoi, there are 59 000 365 poor families, 3.6% of the total, who need assistance to overcome the current economic situation. According to official statistics, in Vietnam in 2012, over two million poor households and one million and 400 thousand families living on the poverty line were recorded, that is, respectively, 9.64 and 6.57% of the population. (AP) ( Agenzia Fides 09/10/2013)
- 2014-10-20 - The Archbishop of Ho Chi Minh city: prayer and hope for the Vatican-Vietnam diplomatic ties
- 2014-09-23 - Family, cradle of faith and of Christian witness
- 2014-09-12 - Land is a source of livelihood for 14% of the indigenous people living in the Country
- 2014-08-01 - The UN Special Rapporteur: "Serious violations of religious freedom"
- 2014-07-22 - "UN expert on religious freedom will visit Viet Nam to assess the situation in the country"
- 2014-07-02 - "Christian family, the cradle of vocations to priesthood" for the Church in Vietnam
- 2014-06-26 - Brutal police repression on Christians Mennonites
- 2014-05-27 - Tensions with China: the faithful pray for justice and peace
- 2014-05-15 - Anti-Chinese protests and violence: civil society and the Catholics ask for non-violence
- 2014-05-08 - A Vietnamese priest in the list of the top “100 information heroes”