AMERICA/CHILE - "All missionaries and for the whole world": the contribution of Chile to the missions
Santiago (Agenzia Fides) - "During this month, also known as Missionary October or Missionary Month, it is of great importance in all our communities to present the missionary work and of charity among all the Churches": this is the note of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) of Chile sent to Fides Agency with regards to the preparation for World Mission Sunday on October 20.
"We must find ways to motivate Catholics to love and support the missionary cause and to renew the commitment to proclaim the Gospel, giving all our pastoral activities the universal missionary dimension. Therefore our motto for the month of October 2013 in Chile is 'All missionaries and for the whole world' (para Todos Misioneros y todo el mundo). This is why - continues the note - the missionary spirit was proposed in all communities, churches, chapels, schools and movements, and to increase prayer, missionary animation and cooperation, so that the collection on 20 October, which is entirely allocated to the various missionary works that the Church supports in the five continents, is rich in generosity".
The program, activities etc...prepared for Missionary October 2013 in Chile can be found on the website below. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/10/2013)
- 2015-10-22 - A global network of volunteers for minors at risk
- 2015-10-19 - V Meeting for Pastoral Operators of Human Mobility in Bolivia, Chile and Peru
- 2015-10-05 - The Bishop of Punta Arenas thanks for the clarification on the gas supply
- 2015-09-29 - The Bishop of Punta Arenas denounces: There is no transparency in the agreements for gas
- 2015-09-25 - Earthquake victims help other victims: the President of Caritas Chile in the affected areas
- 2015-08-06 - "Freedoms have limits", said Mgr. Chomalí
- 2015-08-03 - “Abortion is never therapeutic”: local Catholic Church attacks
- 2015-07-01 - Procession at sea on Easter Island for St. Peter, praying for the Pope's visit
- 2015-05-19 - The main problems of childhood in Chile: Sexual exploitation, trafficking, drugs, alcohol
- 2015-05-18 - First agreement between former political prisoners and government, Mgr. Goic President of the Commission