AMERICA/CHILE - "All missionaries and for the whole world": the contribution of Chile to the missions
Santiago (Agenzia Fides) - "During this month, also known as Missionary October or Missionary Month, it is of great importance in all our communities to present the missionary work and of charity among all the Churches": this is the note of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) of Chile sent to Fides Agency with regards to the preparation for World Mission Sunday on October 20.
"We must find ways to motivate Catholics to love and support the missionary cause and to renew the commitment to proclaim the Gospel, giving all our pastoral activities the universal missionary dimension. Therefore our motto for the month of October 2013 in Chile is 'All missionaries and for the whole world' (para Todos Misioneros y todo el mundo). This is why - continues the note - the missionary spirit was proposed in all communities, churches, chapels, schools and movements, and to increase prayer, missionary animation and cooperation, so that the collection on 20 October, which is entirely allocated to the various missionary works that the Church supports in the five continents, is rich in generosity".
The program, activities etc...prepared for Missionary October 2013 in Chile can be found on the website below. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/10/2013)
- 2014-10-20 - A hundred thousand on a pilgrimage for the family to the shrine of the first Chilean Saint
- 2014-10-03 - Apostolic Vicar of Aysen awarded: "Water is also a problem of sovereignty"
- 2014-06-26 - Wüñol Tripantu, the Mapuche celebration of the rebirth of life
- 2014-06-20 - "Here we are Lord, in the World Cup": special section on the website of the Catholic Bishops' Conference
- 2014-05-30 - AMERICA/CHILE – Local Catholic Church committed to educational reform nation wide
- 2014-05-07 - The decline in vocations to priesthood at the center of the Assembly of Bishops of Chile
- 2014-04-14 - Card. Ezzati’s appeal: Solidarity with the people of Valparaiso after the tragic fire
- 2014-01-09 - Peru and Chile, brotherly peoples
- 2014-01-07 - "One should listen to the Mapuche people in order to resolve the conflict in Araucanía" asks the Bishop of Temuco
- 2013-12-17 - "Supporting initiatives in favor of development": the President of the Bishops' Conference meets newly elected President Bachelet