AMERICA/CHILE - "All missionaries and for the whole world": the contribution of Chile to the missions
Santiago (Agenzia Fides) - "During this month, also known as Missionary October or Missionary Month, it is of great importance in all our communities to present the missionary work and of charity among all the Churches": this is the note of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) of Chile sent to Fides Agency with regards to the preparation for World Mission Sunday on October 20.
"We must find ways to motivate Catholics to love and support the missionary cause and to renew the commitment to proclaim the Gospel, giving all our pastoral activities the universal missionary dimension. Therefore our motto for the month of October 2013 in Chile is 'All missionaries and for the whole world' (para Todos Misioneros y todo el mundo). This is why - continues the note - the missionary spirit was proposed in all communities, churches, chapels, schools and movements, and to increase prayer, missionary animation and cooperation, so that the collection on 20 October, which is entirely allocated to the various missionary works that the Church supports in the five continents, is rich in generosity".
The program, activities etc...prepared for Missionary October 2013 in Chile can be found on the website below. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/10/2013)
- 2015-07-01 - Procession at sea on Easter Island for St. Peter, praying for the Pope's visit
- 2015-05-19 - The main problems of childhood in Chile: Sexual exploitation, trafficking, drugs, alcohol
- 2015-05-18 - First agreement between former political prisoners and government, Mgr. Goic President of the Commission
- 2015-05-16 - Two students die during the protests; the Church appeals for non-violence
- 2015-05-06 - Bishops' statement: "The right to truth, forgiveness is not impunity"
- 2015-04-15 - Protection of life and communication in the Church's mission, priority in the Chilean Church
- 2015-04-14 - Floods force more than 40 000 children not to go to school
- 2015-03-30 - Floods and landslides: 12 dead and thousands displaced, Caritas at work
- 2015-02-23 - Rudimental bomb explodes near a parish in the capital
- 2015-01-29 - "We have lost a great opportunity": criticism regarding the Law on Education