ASIA/IRAQ - The Chaldean Patriarchate prohibits the unauthorized sale of Church properties
Baghdad ( Agenzia Fides) - The Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans has formally prohibited the sale of land and houses belonging to the patrimony of the Church without permission "of the high ecclesiastical authorities". The restrictive provision was made public in a statement on October 5 and makes explicit reference to the Holy See as a last resort call to grant licenses for the sale of properties belonging to the Church. The text sent to Fides, recalls the Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Ecclesia in the Middle East (signed by Pope Benedict XVI) along with other recommendations issued by the dicastries of the Holy See regarding the sale of church property, particularly in Countries in the Middle East. The Patriarchate calls on all bishops and heads of monasteries to take charge of the recommendations contained in the note.
Since his election to the Patriarchal See of Babylon of the Chaldeans, which took place at the end of January, the Chaldean Patriarch, Louis Raphael I Sako has intervened several times on the sensitive issue of the management of the assets belonging to the Church. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 07/10/2013)
- 2014-08-22 - Cardinal Fernando Filoni: my mission among the sufferings of the Iraqi brothers
- 2014-08-20 - Barzani: ready to arm Christian volunteers
- 2014-07-31 - Mosul, signs of revolt against the "Islamic Caliphate". Bishop Nona: So far no church has been destroyed
- 2014-07-26 - ASIA/IRAQ – Pope Francis calls the Chaldean Patriarch. Rumors about the destruction of churches in Mosul have been denied
- 2014-07-23 - Iraqi Bishops appeal to the Prime Minister and the government: "stop the catastrophe"
- 2014-07-23 - The jihadists of the "Caliphate" attack Tilkif, rejected by Kurdish Peshmerga
- 2014-07-22 - Last exodus from Mosul: nearly three thousand Christians
- 2014-07-21 - ASIA/IRAQ – The Syrian Monastery of Mar Behnam in the hands of the militia of the "Islamic Caliphate"
- 2014-07-18 - The last Christian families leave Mosul
- 2014-07-16 - In Mosul, the Islamic Caliphate orders: no aid to Christians and Shiites, while their homes are being expropriated