ASIA/IRAQ - The Chaldean Patriarchate prohibits the unauthorized sale of Church properties
Baghdad ( Agenzia Fides) - The Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans has formally prohibited the sale of land and houses belonging to the patrimony of the Church without permission "of the high ecclesiastical authorities". The restrictive provision was made public in a statement on October 5 and makes explicit reference to the Holy See as a last resort call to grant licenses for the sale of properties belonging to the Church. The text sent to Fides, recalls the Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Ecclesia in the Middle East (signed by Pope Benedict XVI) along with other recommendations issued by the dicastries of the Holy See regarding the sale of church property, particularly in Countries in the Middle East. The Patriarchate calls on all bishops and heads of monasteries to take charge of the recommendations contained in the note.
Since his election to the Patriarchal See of Babylon of the Chaldeans, which took place at the end of January, the Chaldean Patriarch, Louis Raphael I Sako has intervened several times on the sensitive issue of the management of the assets belonging to the Church. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 07/10/2013)
- 2015-11-20 - Christian and Muslim leaders in Kurdistan celebrate together the "day of tolerance"
- 2015-11-13 - A kindergarten, a language and professional training center for the displaced
- 2015-11-11 - Large participation in the protest against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-11-09 - Chaldean Patriarch convenes a protest against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-11-05 - Even Christians demonstrate in Erbil against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-10-28 - Parliament rejected the request to change the law on the religious affiliation regarding children
- 2015-10-23 - 400 young Christians take part in Kirkuk Youth Day
- 2015-10-10 - Christians in Erbil protest against corruption, "our neighborhoods are being filled with infamous clubs"
- 2015-10-09 - Two Iraqi sisters go and live among the Christian refugees camped in Erbil
- 2015-10-06 - Iraqi Ministry of Justice: Christian property will be protected