VATICAN - Pope Francis recalled the many missionaries "who proclaim the Gospel despite great obstacles"
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The missionary month, the commitment of so many missionaries to proclaim the Gospel and the witness of life of every baptized person, were recalled by Holy Father Francis before the Angelus prayer with the faithful gathered in St. Peter’s square on Sunday, October 6. His words: "The month of October is dedicated in a particular way to missionaries, especially those who proclaim the Gospel despite great obstacles and have given their life; as St. Paul says to Timothy says: "So do not be ashamed of your testimony to our Lord, nor of me, a prisoner for his sake; but bear your share of hardship for the gospel with the strength that comes from God" (2 Tim 1:8). He said, however, that each and every one of us: “in our own lives, every day, can give witness to Christ, with the strength of God, the strength of faith. With this strength to bear witness to Jesus Christ, to be a Christian with life, through our witness".
Recalling the Gospel of the Sunday liturgy, the Pope recalled that "Prayer is the breath of faith" and that "October is also the month of the Rosary" and "The Rosary is a school of prayer, the Rosary is a school of faith!". Following the recitation of the Angleus prayer, the Holy Father said: "I would like to remember the people who lost their lives in Lampedusa, last Thursday. Let us all pray in silence for these brothers and sisters: women, men , children ... Let your hearts weep". (SL ) (Agenzia Fides 07/10/2013)
- 2014-09-13 - "Strong families are our best defense against poverty": meeting on the role of the family in the global economic crisis
- 2014-08-19 - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers
- 2014-08-18 - Press release of the Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans
- 2014-08-13 - Declaration of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
- 2014-08-12 - Cardinal Fernando Filoni leaves today for Iraq.
- 2014-08-11 - Pope Francis meets with Cardinal Fernando Filoni, his Envoy in Iraq
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS