VATICAN - Pope Francis recalled the many missionaries "who proclaim the Gospel despite great obstacles"
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The missionary month, the commitment of so many missionaries to proclaim the Gospel and the witness of life of every baptized person, were recalled by Holy Father Francis before the Angelus prayer with the faithful gathered in St. Peter’s square on Sunday, October 6. His words: "The month of October is dedicated in a particular way to missionaries, especially those who proclaim the Gospel despite great obstacles and have given their life; as St. Paul says to Timothy says: "So do not be ashamed of your testimony to our Lord, nor of me, a prisoner for his sake; but bear your share of hardship for the gospel with the strength that comes from God" (2 Tim 1:8). He said, however, that each and every one of us: “in our own lives, every day, can give witness to Christ, with the strength of God, the strength of faith. With this strength to bear witness to Jesus Christ, to be a Christian with life, through our witness".
Recalling the Gospel of the Sunday liturgy, the Pope recalled that "Prayer is the breath of faith" and that "October is also the month of the Rosary" and "The Rosary is a school of prayer, the Rosary is a school of faith!". Following the recitation of the Angleus prayer, the Holy Father said: "I would like to remember the people who lost their lives in Lampedusa, last Thursday. Let us all pray in silence for these brothers and sisters: women, men , children ... Let your hearts weep". (SL ) (Agenzia Fides 07/10/2013)
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Otélé : "without the logic of holiness, the priestly ministry would simply be a social function"
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the clergy of Equatorial Guinea: "A priest is not an official of the Church, but administrator of the mysteries of God":
- 2014-05-28 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Nkolbisson-Yaoundé: "take to heart the ideal of the priest that the Church needs today and will need tomorrow"
- 2014-05-26 - Cardinal Filoni in Cameroon, for the centenary of the evangelization of Bamenda, and in Equatorial Guinea
- 2014-05-21 - Pope Francis invites to pray so that "Catholics in China continue to believe, to hope and to love"
- 2014-05-08 - Cardinal Filoni at the Mater Ecclesiae College: Religious women, missionary outposts and proclamation of the Gospel