VATICAN - Pope Francis recalled the many missionaries "who proclaim the Gospel despite great obstacles"
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The missionary month, the commitment of so many missionaries to proclaim the Gospel and the witness of life of every baptized person, were recalled by Holy Father Francis before the Angelus prayer with the faithful gathered in St. Peter’s square on Sunday, October 6. His words: "The month of October is dedicated in a particular way to missionaries, especially those who proclaim the Gospel despite great obstacles and have given their life; as St. Paul says to Timothy says: "So do not be ashamed of your testimony to our Lord, nor of me, a prisoner for his sake; but bear your share of hardship for the gospel with the strength that comes from God" (2 Tim 1:8). He said, however, that each and every one of us: “in our own lives, every day, can give witness to Christ, with the strength of God, the strength of faith. With this strength to bear witness to Jesus Christ, to be a Christian with life, through our witness".
Recalling the Gospel of the Sunday liturgy, the Pope recalled that "Prayer is the breath of faith" and that "October is also the month of the Rosary" and "The Rosary is a school of prayer, the Rosary is a school of faith!". Following the recitation of the Angleus prayer, the Holy Father said: "I would like to remember the people who lost their lives in Lampedusa, last Thursday. Let us all pray in silence for these brothers and sisters: women, men , children ... Let your hearts weep". (SL ) (Agenzia Fides 07/10/2013)
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide
- 2015-06-17 - VATICAN – The Pope: "the international community should act in a fitting and effective way to prevent the causes of forced migration"
- 2015-06-05 - Pope Francis to the PMS: "missionary activity is still the greatest challenge for the Church"
- 2015-05-28 - General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies: "How to support the universal mission today and tomorrow"
- 2015-05-25 - The Pope's Message for World Mission Day 2015
- 2015-05-21 - The Pope recalls the Day of Prayer for the Church in China on May 24
- 2015-05-18 - Archbishop Romero will be the patron of Caritas Internationalis
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"