AMERICA/PERU - "Share your faith ... and also your bread": missionary month in the sign of the Year of Faith
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - "The Church is not a relief organization, an enterprise or an NGO, but a community of people, animated by the Holy Spirit, who have lived and are living the wonder of the encounter with Jesus Christ and want to share this experience of deep joy, the Message of salvation that the Lord gave us. It is the Holy Spirit who guides the Church in this path". With these words of Pope Francis' Message for World Mission Day, 2013, the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Peru have motivated the commitment of the Catholic communities of the country to live the missionary month in the sign of the Year of Faith.
The full program of the PMS, sent to Fides Agency, offers a clear plan for the 4 weeks of the missionary month: the first week is dedicated to "Missionary Prayer". The second week, "missionary sacrifice". The third week, "Missionary Cooperation", following the slogan of the Month "Share Your Faith ... and also your bread", proposes the concrete contribution to the missions because "faith without charity bears no fruit" (Porta Fidei, 14). The fourth week invites to promote missionary vocations.
Parishes, movements, missionary associations, youth groups in universities and schools, have organized themselves to promote the missionary month and launch several initiatives, with the support of the PMS and dioceses across the country. What is also highlighted is the preparation of the IV American Missionary Congress - IX Latin American Missionary Congress (CAM4 - COMLA9), and the "Expo-Misionaria", an exhibition of the religious missionary Congregation that has involved a large number of Congregations present in the Peruvian territory. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/10/2013)
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking
- 2015-07-25 - AMERICA/PERU – 100 years of mission among indigenous women in the Amazon
- 2015-07-23 - Peru and Brazil together to eradicate child labour in Amazonia
- 2015-07-03 - Lost childhood in coffee plantations
- 2015-06-13 - National Week of the Migrant: Letter of Bishops to 3 million Peruvians abroad
- 2015-05-12 - Bishops call for urgent action and dialogue, "No more violence" for the Tia Maria case
- 2015-04-13 - Many children grow up in prison with their imprisoned mothers