VATICAN - "Religious life cannot be anything but Christological and ecclesiological" recalls Cardinal Filoni
Chojinam (Agenzia Fides) - Continuing his pastoral visit in Korea, Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, on Friday, October 4 went to Chojinam to visit the graves of the five Servants of God considered "the first nucleus of the nascent Church in Korea". After having blessed the large statue of Our Lady of Peace, he presided over the Eucharistic celebration which was attended in particular by religious men and women and members of Societies of Apostolic Life in Korea.
In his homily, Cardinal Filoni said that "Religious Life has two indissoluble characteristics: the first is that Religious Life cannot be anything but Christological, and the second, consequently, cannot be anything but ecclesiological. Outside of these boundaries, Religious Life as intended by the Church does not exist". So, after having dwelt on these characteristics, he pointed out that "even the missionary nature of our service, which is derived both from the response that we give to Christ and from being sent by Him, also occurs in the ecclesiological dimension".
The Cardinal then cited the current crisis, which affects many Congregations, caused "by having displaced or diminished the role of prayer and of the spiritual life in favor of practical activity, which quickly transforms into activism. It also comes from a greater diminution in Community prayer, from which we often and willingly absent ourselves". However, Religious Life in Korea today is a beautiful, well-organized reality, and the Prefect of the Congregation, before thanking the many religious men and women for their contribution to the mission of the Church, urged them to always be inspired by the principles made clear by the Second Vatican Council and the Mutuae relationes, where directive criteria are established for the rapport between Bishops and Religious, and finally exhorted "to avail themselves in parishes and associations of the spiritual and pastoral charisms of which men and women religious are the bearers, because only from an integrated vision can the best be brought forth for the Church in Korea". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 04/10/2013)
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins
- 2015-09-15 - Cardinal Filoni on his visit: the enthusiasm of the Church in Bangladesh, the vivacity of the Church in India
- 2015-09-14 - The first blessed in South Africa: Benedict Daswa, family man, killed for the Gospel
- 2015-09-14 - Cardinal Filoni concludes his visit to Bangladesh where he meets families and seminarians
- 2015-09-12 - Cardinal Filoni meets Bishops, priests, religious and laity of Bangladesh: "We are all in a permanent state of mission"
- 2015-09-12 - Cardinal Filoni to the Bishops of Bangladesh: "try to sow unity in the dioceses"
- 2015-09-11 - Cardinal Filoni in Bangladesh for the XXV Anniversary of the diocese of Rajshahi: "there is much work to do"
- 2015-09-07 - Pastoral visit of Cardinal Filoni in Bangladesh, India and Nepal
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide