AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The Church, the only witness of reality, must write the history in order to build a new society
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - "Reconciliation means creating a new society" was the main concept expressed by Cardinal Ruben Salazar Gomez, Archbishop of Bogota, in his speech on the theme "The Church for reconciliation and peace " during the Sixth National Congress of Reconciliation, held in Bogotá from 30 September to 2 October. The note sent to Fides Agency by the Episcopal Conference reports the Cardinal’s words: "a genuine process of reconciliation and peace is not simply to restore what has been damaged, because it is not possible to restore, but rather it is about creating a new society .
The Archbishop of Bogota then outlined 4 principles for reconciliation and peace: truth as the basis of all relationships, especially after a long and destructive conflict. To restore a sense of human dignity and human rights, as a fundamental principle of truth. To restore the true sense of justice and solidarity. To interpret reality through the rich doctrine that the Church offers .
The Cardinal observed that in many regions of the country, the Church gathers numerous testimonies from the victims, therefore it is the only witness of reality, so this is why it is called "to write the history of what happens in order to contribute to building a society based on truth, because only then we can build a new society".
Colombia is experiencing in all its territory a series of initiatives to promote peace, including the Pilgrimage for Peace (see Fides 14/09/2013 ); the celebration of the "Month for Peace" (see Fides 17/09/2013 ); the celebration of the "Week of Peace" (see Fides 11/09/2013) and many others, despite a wave of violence has invested several areas (as evidenced by the killing of the two priests of Cartago, see Fides 28/09/2013). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/10/2013)
- 2014-12-18 - For Mgr. Falla Robles: "The unilateral cease-fire should take place without any conditions"
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10
- 2014-12-02 - Satisfaction for the release of the General, but it is necessary to resume talks for a definite peace
- 2014-12-01 - Children are half of the victims of landmines and prohibited explosive devices
- 2014-11-29 - Observatory for Reconciliation and Peace is created
- 2014-11-27 - Hunger and chronic malnutrition cause the death of a child every 33 hours
- 2014-11-26 - Sexual violence on women: a forgotten medical emergency
- 2014-11-26 - Peace talks in Cuba must continue
- 2014-11-21 - The request to continue peace talks: "Do not destroy the hope of Colombians"