AMERICA/MEXICO - Even the indigenous population are a "living part" of the country and the Church
Naupan (Agenzia Fides) - Almost protected by the hills of Metztepetl, Tonallan and Citlalan (the moon, the sun and the stars), in the Cathedral of Napuan dedicated to St. Mark (in Nahuatl language "El Tecuán", that is, he who becomes the small tiger), the Bishop of San Cristóbal de las Casas, His Exc. Mgr. Felipe Arizmendi Esquivel, celebrated a thanksgiving Mass for his 50 years of priesthood, during the V Meeting of Cultura Nahuatl. The workshop, which takes place from 30 September to 3 October, is organized by the Mexican Bishops Conference, with the aim of promoting the biblical and liturgical translations of the Catholic Church.
The note sent to Fides Agency from Mexico stresses what was stated by a representative of the Naupan community: "We must know and respect the myths and rituals of indigenous peoples in order to be able to discover in them the signs of God".
"I come from a state where the majority of the population is indigenous - said the Bishop of San Cristobal de las Casas - and we have come to the state of Puebla for the Nahuatl people, so that they have the importance they deserve, both in society and in the Church, so that they feel a living part of the country". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 02/10/2013)
- 2014-12-22 - The Apostolic Nuncio celebrates Mass for the families of the students who have disappeared from Ayotzinapa
- 2014-12-15 - The Church reminds authorities that they even have to respond to the law for their actions
- 2014-12-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Conclusion of the 10th "Caravan of hope": 9 missing migrants found
- 2014-12-10 - The Church close to the families of the missing students and engaged in proposing solutions
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – After14 years ordination of 9 Indigenous permanent deacons
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Young man dies to obtain justice
- 2014-12-06 - Bishop of Torreón calls for “more proposals and less protests to achieve peace”
- 2014-12-03 - Bishop Alba: "We cannot allow criminals steal our streets, steal our peace"
- 2014-11-29 - After improvised lessons in the street, minors are forced to bring chairs in a house used as a school every day
- 2014-11-29 - Students missing: "The authorities must clarify the situation", said the Bishop of Tlaxcala