VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni’s pastoral visit in Korea for the Jubilee of the Diocese of Suwon
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, will be on a pastoral visit in South Korea from September 30 to October 6. The main reason is the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the creation of the Diocese of Suwon, erected on October 7, 1963 by Pope Paul VI. Suffragan of the Archdiocese of Seoul, the diocese of Suwon now has 7,563,969 inhabitants, of whom 787,073 Catholics, 198 parishes, 383 diocesan priests, 73 religious priests, 177 religious who are not priests, 1,433 nuns, 227 major seminarians.
In addition to presiding the Jubilee celebration, on October 3, the Prefect of the Congregation will carry out a courtesy visit to the President, Mrs. Park Geun-hye and during his stay he will meet the Bishops of the Bishops’ Conference of Korea, priests, men and women religious, seminarians and lay people. He will also travel to the Shrine of Chonjinam, the birthplace of the Catholic Church in Korea where the tombs of the early organizers of the study of the Catholic faith in Korea are venerated and to the Shrine of the martyrs of Choltusan. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 29/09/2013)
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide
- 2015-06-17 - VATICAN – The Pope: "the international community should act in a fitting and effective way to prevent the causes of forced migration"
- 2015-06-05 - Pope Francis to the PMS: "missionary activity is still the greatest challenge for the Church"
- 2015-05-28 - General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies: "How to support the universal mission today and tomorrow"
- 2015-05-25 - The Pope's Message for World Mission Day 2015
- 2015-05-21 - The Pope recalls the Day of Prayer for the Church in China on May 24
- 2015-05-18 - Archbishop Romero will be the patron of Caritas Internationalis
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"