VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni’s pastoral visit in Korea for the Jubilee of the Diocese of Suwon
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, will be on a pastoral visit in South Korea from September 30 to October 6. The main reason is the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the creation of the Diocese of Suwon, erected on October 7, 1963 by Pope Paul VI. Suffragan of the Archdiocese of Seoul, the diocese of Suwon now has 7,563,969 inhabitants, of whom 787,073 Catholics, 198 parishes, 383 diocesan priests, 73 religious priests, 177 religious who are not priests, 1,433 nuns, 227 major seminarians.
In addition to presiding the Jubilee celebration, on October 3, the Prefect of the Congregation will carry out a courtesy visit to the President, Mrs. Park Geun-hye and during his stay he will meet the Bishops of the Bishops’ Conference of Korea, priests, men and women religious, seminarians and lay people. He will also travel to the Shrine of Chonjinam, the birthplace of the Catholic Church in Korea where the tombs of the early organizers of the study of the Catholic faith in Korea are venerated and to the Shrine of the martyrs of Choltusan. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 29/09/2013)
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"
- 2015-04-09 - Cardinal Filoni: Iraqi families all expect to be able to return to their homes, and we are ready to help them start over
- 2015-04-08 - Easter 2015: "Our brothers and sisters are persecuted, exiled, killed and beheaded simply because they are Christians, they are our martyrs of today"
- 2015-03-30 - The Pope: "We think of our brothers and sisters who are persecuted because they are Christians, the martyrs of our own time"
- 2015-03-27 - Cardinal Filoni returns to Iraq to express the closeness and affection of the Pope to displaced families
- 2015-03-16 - VATICAN – Pope Francis: "Our brothers' and sisters' blood is shed only because they are Christians"
- 2015-02-10 - VATICAN – World Day of the Sick: the Church runs 115 352 health care and social assistance institutes in the world
- 2015-02-04 - On February 8: "Shine a light against human trafficking"