VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni’s pastoral visit in Korea for the Jubilee of the Diocese of Suwon
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, will be on a pastoral visit in South Korea from September 30 to October 6. The main reason is the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the creation of the Diocese of Suwon, erected on October 7, 1963 by Pope Paul VI. Suffragan of the Archdiocese of Seoul, the diocese of Suwon now has 7,563,969 inhabitants, of whom 787,073 Catholics, 198 parishes, 383 diocesan priests, 73 religious priests, 177 religious who are not priests, 1,433 nuns, 227 major seminarians.
In addition to presiding the Jubilee celebration, on October 3, the Prefect of the Congregation will carry out a courtesy visit to the President, Mrs. Park Geun-hye and during his stay he will meet the Bishops of the Bishops’ Conference of Korea, priests, men and women religious, seminarians and lay people. He will also travel to the Shrine of Chonjinam, the birthplace of the Catholic Church in Korea where the tombs of the early organizers of the study of the Catholic faith in Korea are venerated and to the Shrine of the martyrs of Choltusan. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 29/09/2013)
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Otélé : "without the logic of holiness, the priestly ministry would simply be a social function"
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the clergy of Equatorial Guinea: "A priest is not an official of the Church, but administrator of the mysteries of God":
- 2014-05-28 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Nkolbisson-Yaoundé: "take to heart the ideal of the priest that the Church needs today and will need tomorrow"
- 2014-05-26 - Cardinal Filoni in Cameroon, for the centenary of the evangelization of Bamenda, and in Equatorial Guinea
- 2014-05-21 - Pope Francis invites to pray so that "Catholics in China continue to believe, to hope and to love"
- 2014-05-08 - Cardinal Filoni at the Mater Ecclesiae College: Religious women, missionary outposts and proclamation of the Gospel