VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni’s pastoral visit in Korea for the Jubilee of the Diocese of Suwon
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, will be on a pastoral visit in South Korea from September 30 to October 6. The main reason is the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the creation of the Diocese of Suwon, erected on October 7, 1963 by Pope Paul VI. Suffragan of the Archdiocese of Seoul, the diocese of Suwon now has 7,563,969 inhabitants, of whom 787,073 Catholics, 198 parishes, 383 diocesan priests, 73 religious priests, 177 religious who are not priests, 1,433 nuns, 227 major seminarians.
In addition to presiding the Jubilee celebration, on October 3, the Prefect of the Congregation will carry out a courtesy visit to the President, Mrs. Park Geun-hye and during his stay he will meet the Bishops of the Bishops’ Conference of Korea, priests, men and women religious, seminarians and lay people. He will also travel to the Shrine of Chonjinam, the birthplace of the Catholic Church in Korea where the tombs of the early organizers of the study of the Catholic faith in Korea are venerated and to the Shrine of the martyrs of Choltusan. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 29/09/2013)
- 2015-11-12 - Statement from the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
- 2015-11-03 - Pope's appeal for Central Africa: "put an end to this cycle of violence"
- 2015-10-29 - Cardinal Filoni: Only peace will save the indigenous Christian communities in Mesopotamia
- 2015-10-28 - Appeal from the 5 continents: "The fight against climate change must respect the rights of the poor"
- 2015-10-28 - Urbaniana University: to form men and women capable of becoming bridges of relationships and instruments of mutual understanding
- 2015-10-16 - The Missionary Rosary for World Mission Day and the 50th anniversary of the "Ad Gentes" decree
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins
- 2015-09-15 - Cardinal Filoni on his visit: the enthusiasm of the Church in Bangladesh, the vivacity of the Church in India
- 2015-09-14 - The first blessed in South Africa: Benedict Daswa, family man, killed for the Gospel