VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni’s pastoral visit in Korea for the Jubilee of the Diocese of Suwon
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, will be on a pastoral visit in South Korea from September 30 to October 6. The main reason is the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the creation of the Diocese of Suwon, erected on October 7, 1963 by Pope Paul VI. Suffragan of the Archdiocese of Seoul, the diocese of Suwon now has 7,563,969 inhabitants, of whom 787,073 Catholics, 198 parishes, 383 diocesan priests, 73 religious priests, 177 religious who are not priests, 1,433 nuns, 227 major seminarians.
In addition to presiding the Jubilee celebration, on October 3, the Prefect of the Congregation will carry out a courtesy visit to the President, Mrs. Park Geun-hye and during his stay he will meet the Bishops of the Bishops’ Conference of Korea, priests, men and women religious, seminarians and lay people. He will also travel to the Shrine of Chonjinam, the birthplace of the Catholic Church in Korea where the tombs of the early organizers of the study of the Catholic faith in Korea are venerated and to the Shrine of the martyrs of Choltusan. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 29/09/2013)
- 2014-09-13 - "Strong families are our best defense against poverty": meeting on the role of the family in the global economic crisis
- 2014-08-19 - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers
- 2014-08-18 - Press release of the Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans
- 2014-08-13 - Declaration of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
- 2014-08-12 - Cardinal Fernando Filoni leaves today for Iraq.
- 2014-08-11 - Pope Francis meets with Cardinal Fernando Filoni, his Envoy in Iraq
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS