AFRICA/KENYA – Attack in Nairobi: A Bishop invites to pray also via twitter
Nairobi (Agenzia Fides) – The Catholic bishops of Kenya condemn the Westgate terrorist attack in Nairobi and pray for the victims in a statement signed by Bishop Philip Anyolo, Bishop of Homabay and Vice President of Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB).
"As a nation we share in the trauma of our brothers and sisters who have lost their loved ones during the Westgate attack. We are in solidarity with our brothers and sisters who have been injured in this terrible tragedy and pray that the Almighty God grants them a speedy recovery", says the document.
The Church also commended Kenyans for their solidarity through blood donations to the victims of the attack.
Even Bishop Anthony Muheria, Bishop of Kitui, in a statement reported by CISA Agency in Nairobi, condemns the attack underlining the brutal and unpredictable aspects: "We never anticipated something so merciless and cold blooded to unfold in our nation".
Bishop Muheria humbly invited the faithful of all religions to make a vigil prayer for their hostages. A prayer to be extended also through the exchange of tweets and SMS in a spirit of national and inter-confessional solidarity. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 24/09/2013)
AFRICA/KENYA – ATTACK IN NAIROBI: A BISHOP INVITES TO PRAY ALSO VIA TWITTER
- 2015-11-27 - The greetings of a resident in Kibera to Pope Francis: "I am proud to live in an informal settlement"
- 2015-11-25 - Bishops of Kenya: "everything is ready to welcome Pope Francis"
- 2015-11-24 - AFRICA/KENYA – Nairobi: conference on Land grabbing and just governance organized by African Bishops
- 2015-11-24 - The Bishop of Maralal: "May Pope Francis' message of reconciliation help us to overcome tribal violence"
- 2015-11-21 - AFRICA/KENYA – The children of Holy Childhood will meet the Pope
- 2015-11-09 - The Bishops: "The Pope’s visit invites us to reflect on the values of the nation"
- 2015-11-05 - "Pope Francis' visit is a blessing and an opportunity for Kenyans"
- 2015-11-03 - "Curtain up for the children of the Little Prince": A theater school in the slum in Kibera
- 2015-11-03 - Bishops' new appeal: "Let us join together as a nation on the occasion of Pope Francis' arrival"
- 2015-10-27 - UN programme to combat poverty and marginalisation and guarantee respect for the rights of women and children