AFRICA/KENYA – Attack in Nairobi: A Bishop invites to pray also via twitter
Nairobi (Agenzia Fides) – The Catholic bishops of Kenya condemn the Westgate terrorist attack in Nairobi and pray for the victims in a statement signed by Bishop Philip Anyolo, Bishop of Homabay and Vice President of Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB).
"As a nation we share in the trauma of our brothers and sisters who have lost their loved ones during the Westgate attack. We are in solidarity with our brothers and sisters who have been injured in this terrible tragedy and pray that the Almighty God grants them a speedy recovery", says the document.
The Church also commended Kenyans for their solidarity through blood donations to the victims of the attack.
Even Bishop Anthony Muheria, Bishop of Kitui, in a statement reported by CISA Agency in Nairobi, condemns the attack underlining the brutal and unpredictable aspects: "We never anticipated something so merciless and cold blooded to unfold in our nation".
Bishop Muheria humbly invited the faithful of all religions to make a vigil prayer for their hostages. A prayer to be extended also through the exchange of tweets and SMS in a spirit of national and inter-confessional solidarity. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 24/09/2013)
- 2014-09-05 - “Enough violence in northern Kenya!” cry Catholic Bishops
- 2014-09-05 - AFRICA/KENYA – New Rector for St. Matthias Mulumba Major seminary in the diocese of Eldoret
- 2014-09-05 - diocesan Major Seminary in the diocese of Nakuru, appointed.
- 2014-09-04 - AFRICA/KENYA – Rector for St. Thomas Aquinas major seminary in Nairobi appointed
- 2014-07-23 - Works begin on a new center for disabled children in the village of Kandisi
- 2014-07-18 - The First Lady praised the Church's role in improving the lives of millions of Kenyans
- 2014-07-17 - The army have discovered four fields where the perpetrators of the attacks in the coastal region hide
- 2014-07-15 - The perpetrators of the attacks against some villages on the coast have been identified
- 2014-07-09 - Bishops' appeal: "The media play a pivotal role in the Country"
- 2014-06-26 - The governor of Lamu arrested for the attacks on coastal villages