AFRICA/KENYA – Attack in Nairobi: A Bishop invites to pray also via twitter
Nairobi (Agenzia Fides) – The Catholic bishops of Kenya condemn the Westgate terrorist attack in Nairobi and pray for the victims in a statement signed by Bishop Philip Anyolo, Bishop of Homabay and Vice President of Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB).
"As a nation we share in the trauma of our brothers and sisters who have lost their loved ones during the Westgate attack. We are in solidarity with our brothers and sisters who have been injured in this terrible tragedy and pray that the Almighty God grants them a speedy recovery", says the document.
The Church also commended Kenyans for their solidarity through blood donations to the victims of the attack.
Even Bishop Anthony Muheria, Bishop of Kitui, in a statement reported by CISA Agency in Nairobi, condemns the attack underlining the brutal and unpredictable aspects: "We never anticipated something so merciless and cold blooded to unfold in our nation".
Bishop Muheria humbly invited the faithful of all religions to make a vigil prayer for their hostages. A prayer to be extended also through the exchange of tweets and SMS in a spirit of national and inter-confessional solidarity. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 24/09/2013)
AFRICA/KENYA – ATTACK IN NAIROBI: A BISHOP INVITES TO PRAY ALSO VIA TWITTER
- 2014-12-18 - Clashes among MPs on anti-terrorism law could put fundamental freedoms at risk
- 2014-12-12 - Christian leaders ask Muslims "for a deliberate and concerted effort" to stop the violence of the Shabaab
- 2014-12-05 - AFRICA/KENYA – Bishop of Kakamega resigns, successor appointed
- 2014-12-02 - Coadjutor Bishop of Garissa: "One is trying to destabilize the north of Kenya"
- 2014-12-01 - Justice and Peace Commission: The state of insecurity is to be declared "national disaster"
- 2014-11-24 - Security measures have been intensified in front of churches after the massacre of the bus
- 2014-11-19 - AFRICA/KENYA – Joint tests of Church and State on the tetanus vaccine considered a means of birth control
- 2014-11-11 - The government presents a commission of inquiry on the tetanus vaccination after the protests of the Church
- 2014-11-07 - Bishops reaffirm: "tetanus vaccination is a program of population control in disguise"
- 2014-11-04 - The comfort of the Church for the victims of the attack in the area of Lake Turkana