ASIA/IRAQ – Car bombing against the home of a Christian politician. 50 wounded
Kirkuk ( Agenzia Fides) – At least 50 people were wounded in the attack against the home of a well-known Christian politician on Sunday morning 22 September in Kirkuk. As reported by local sources to Fides Agency, a car bomb, apparently a suicide attack, exploded in the district of Rahim Awa in front of the residence of the Assyrian Christian Imad Youkhana, a member of the Assyrian Democratic Movement and a member of the Iraqi parliament. The politician was unharmed, but the explosion wounded at least fifty people, including his wife and Youkhana’s sons.
At the beginning of 2006, the 70 year-old Yaqo Youkhana, Imad's father, had been killed by U.S. troops who were dispersing with weapons a popular protest against the high prices of fuel. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 23/09/2013)
- 2014-04-16 - Chaldean Patriarch Sako's Easter Message, with a thought to the elections
- 2014-04-09 - Death of the Chaldean Patriarch emeritus Emmanuel III Delly.
- 2014-04-07 - Chaldean League: debate on the statutes and internal organization has begun
- 2014-04-04 - A special prayer for the elections will be recited in all the Chaldean churches
- 2014-03-27 - UN Mission in Iraq: without respect for minorities, there is no democracy
- 2014-03-24 - The Heads of Churches to all Christians: let us participate in the elections
- 2014-03-10 - The Chaldean Church in aid of displaced people of Fallujah and Ramadi
- 2014-03-03 - Political leader denounces: the lands of Christians who emigrated plundered with the complicity of corrupt officials
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/IRAQ – Iraq’s Catholic Bishops insist: we must react to the violence destroying our nation
- 2014-02-24 - Patriarch Sako: A Lenten Season of fasting and prayer that Christians in Iraq will not emigrate