ASIA/IRAQ – Car bombing against the home of a Christian politician. 50 wounded
Kirkuk ( Agenzia Fides) – At least 50 people were wounded in the attack against the home of a well-known Christian politician on Sunday morning 22 September in Kirkuk. As reported by local sources to Fides Agency, a car bomb, apparently a suicide attack, exploded in the district of Rahim Awa in front of the residence of the Assyrian Christian Imad Youkhana, a member of the Assyrian Democratic Movement and a member of the Iraqi parliament. The politician was unharmed, but the explosion wounded at least fifty people, including his wife and Youkhana’s sons.
At the beginning of 2006, the 70 year-old Yaqo Youkhana, Imad's father, had been killed by U.S. troops who were dispersing with weapons a popular protest against the high prices of fuel. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 23/09/2013)
ASIA/IRAQ – CAR BOMBING AGAINST THE HOME OF A CHRISTIAN POLITICIAN. 50 WOUNDED
- 2015-11-20 - Christian and Muslim leaders in Kurdistan celebrate together the "day of tolerance"
- 2015-11-13 - A kindergarten, a language and professional training center for the displaced
- 2015-11-11 - Large participation in the protest against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-11-09 - Chaldean Patriarch convenes a protest against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-11-05 - Even Christians demonstrate in Erbil against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-10-28 - Parliament rejected the request to change the law on the religious affiliation regarding children
- 2015-10-23 - 400 young Christians take part in Kirkuk Youth Day
- 2015-10-10 - Christians in Erbil protest against corruption, "our neighborhoods are being filled with infamous clubs"
- 2015-10-09 - Two Iraqi sisters go and live among the Christian refugees camped in Erbil
- 2015-10-06 - Iraqi Ministry of Justice: Christian property will be protected