ASIA/IRAQ – Car bombing against the home of a Christian politician. 50 wounded
Kirkuk ( Agenzia Fides) – At least 50 people were wounded in the attack against the home of a well-known Christian politician on Sunday morning 22 September in Kirkuk. As reported by local sources to Fides Agency, a car bomb, apparently a suicide attack, exploded in the district of Rahim Awa in front of the residence of the Assyrian Christian Imad Youkhana, a member of the Assyrian Democratic Movement and a member of the Iraqi parliament. The politician was unharmed, but the explosion wounded at least fifty people, including his wife and Youkhana’s sons.
At the beginning of 2006, the 70 year-old Yaqo Youkhana, Imad's father, had been killed by U.S. troops who were dispersing with weapons a popular protest against the high prices of fuel. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 23/09/2013)
- 2014-09-13 - The school year in the Islamic Caliphate: the teaching of Syriac and Christian names of schools have been abolished
- 2014-09-11 - ASIA/IRAQ – Air raids hit areas adjacent to two churches in Mosul
- 2014-09-10 - Syrian Catholic priest says: Christians will return to the Plain of Ninive only when and if Mosul is freed
- 2014-09-05 - Head of Caritas Lebanon: we welcome Iraqi Christian refugees, but they are determined to leave the Middle East
- 2014-09-04 - Chaldean Catholic Patriarch: to free Ninive province we need a peacekeeping operation and Christians enrolled in local police force
- 2014-08-22 - Cardinal Fernando Filoni: my mission among the sufferings of the Iraqi brothers
- 2014-08-20 - Barzani: ready to arm Christian volunteers
- 2014-07-31 - Mosul, signs of revolt against the "Islamic Caliphate". Bishop Nona: So far no church has been destroyed
- 2014-07-26 - ASIA/IRAQ – Pope Francis calls the Chaldean Patriarch. Rumors about the destruction of churches in Mosul have been denied
- 2014-07-23 - Iraqi Bishops appeal to the Prime Minister and the government: "stop the catastrophe"