ASIA/IRAQ – Car bombing against the home of a Christian politician. 50 wounded
Kirkuk ( Agenzia Fides) – At least 50 people were wounded in the attack against the home of a well-known Christian politician on Sunday morning 22 September in Kirkuk. As reported by local sources to Fides Agency, a car bomb, apparently a suicide attack, exploded in the district of Rahim Awa in front of the residence of the Assyrian Christian Imad Youkhana, a member of the Assyrian Democratic Movement and a member of the Iraqi parliament. The politician was unharmed, but the explosion wounded at least fifty people, including his wife and Youkhana’s sons.
At the beginning of 2006, the 70 year-old Yaqo Youkhana, Imad's father, had been killed by U.S. troops who were dispersing with weapons a popular protest against the high prices of fuel. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 23/09/2013)
ASIA/IRAQ – CAR BOMBING AGAINST THE HOME OF A CHRISTIAN POLITICIAN. 50 WOUNDED
- 2015-05-15 - The Chaldean Patriarch visits Tehran: "The Iranian government supports the people and the government of Iraq"
- 2015-05-04 - Chaldean Patriarch opens discussion on the draft Constitution for the Iraqi Kurdistan Region
- 2015-05-02 - Military offensive to free the province of Nineveh. Chaldean priest: "Christians want to return to their homes"
- 2015-04-13 - Northern Iraq's displaced get own radio station
- 2015-03-30 - The Chaldean Church participates in the mourning for the death of Assyrian Patriarch Mar Dinkha IV
- 2015-03-28 - Chaldean Patriarch to the UN: the "Arab Spring" impacted negatively on Christians
- 2015-03-16 - Chaldean Patriarch: a law against preachers who incite violence is needed
- 2015-03-12 - The monastery of St. George in Mosul damaged, but not destroyed
- 2015-03-10 - Appeal of the Chaldean Patriarch: the offensive against the Caliphate causes new humanitarian emergencies
- 2015-02-24 - ASIA/IRAQ – Courses to start soon at Erbil Catholic University