ASIA/IRAQ – Car bombing against the home of a Christian politician. 50 wounded
Kirkuk ( Agenzia Fides) – At least 50 people were wounded in the attack against the home of a well-known Christian politician on Sunday morning 22 September in Kirkuk. As reported by local sources to Fides Agency, a car bomb, apparently a suicide attack, exploded in the district of Rahim Awa in front of the residence of the Assyrian Christian Imad Youkhana, a member of the Assyrian Democratic Movement and a member of the Iraqi parliament. The politician was unharmed, but the explosion wounded at least fifty people, including his wife and Youkhana’s sons.
At the beginning of 2006, the 70 year-old Yaqo Youkhana, Imad's father, had been killed by U.S. troops who were dispersing with weapons a popular protest against the high prices of fuel. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 23/09/2013)
ASIA/IRAQ – CAR BOMBING AGAINST THE HOME OF A CHRISTIAN POLITICIAN. 50 WOUNDED
- 2015-07-23 - Also in Kirkuk expropriation of Christian homes
- 2015-07-22 - The government orders the transfer of the military of the Nineveh Plain to Baghdad; Christian politicians protest
- 2015-07-14 - The Chaldean Church of St. Joseph in Mosul transformed into a mosque
- 2015-07-10 - In Baghdad, Christians kidnapped and killed despite the payment of ransom
- 2015-07-03 - The founding conference of the Chaldean League has concluded
- 2015-07-01 - An international conference in Erbil to found the "League of the Chaldeans"
- 2015-06-18 - Chaldean Patriarch sends a message to Muslims for the start of Ramadan
- 2015-06-13 - Thousands of Christian homes taken by deception
- 2015-06-10 - Chaldean Patriarch: a year after the fall of Mosul, only national reconciliation can save the country
- 2015-05-15 - The Chaldean Patriarch visits Tehran: "The Iranian government supports the people and the government of Iraq"