AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Aid to the prisoners on the feast of the Patron of Prisoners
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - About 18,000 people in different prisons will benefit from the agreement between the Commission of Catholic Prison Pastoral Care and the Food Bank of Bogota, which provides for the distribution of a complete set of personal hygiene on the occasion of the celebration of Our Lady of Mercy.
The national coordinator of Catholic Prison Pastoral Care, Fr. Andres Fernandez, explained in the note sent to Fides, how for more than 15 years and with the support of the Foundation "Caminos de Libertad", Pastoral care is interested in the urgent needs of people in prisons. "The Food Bank is engaged with the poorest and most disadvantaged and tries to be a bridge to unite those who want to serve and those who suffer. This time we joined forces in this noble cause of helping those who are deprived of freedom, we wish to cooperate in the collection of items for personal hygiene, both in the parishes of Bogotá, private companies and with individual aid", said Father Saldarriaga, Executive Director of the Food Bank. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/09/2013)
- 2015-01-26 - We need leaders who are committed and not "deaf and dumb authorities" says Mgr. Epalza
- 2014-12-22 - Even from pain comes the hope of peace, the process continues
- 2014-12-18 - For Mgr. Falla Robles: "The unilateral cease-fire should take place without any conditions"
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10
- 2014-12-02 - Satisfaction for the release of the General, but it is necessary to resume talks for a definite peace
- 2014-12-01 - Children are half of the victims of landmines and prohibited explosive devices
- 2014-11-29 - Observatory for Reconciliation and Peace is created
- 2014-11-27 - Hunger and chronic malnutrition cause the death of a child every 33 hours
- 2014-11-26 - Sexual violence on women: a forgotten medical emergency