AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Aid to the prisoners on the feast of the Patron of Prisoners
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - About 18,000 people in different prisons will benefit from the agreement between the Commission of Catholic Prison Pastoral Care and the Food Bank of Bogota, which provides for the distribution of a complete set of personal hygiene on the occasion of the celebration of Our Lady of Mercy.
The national coordinator of Catholic Prison Pastoral Care, Fr. Andres Fernandez, explained in the note sent to Fides, how for more than 15 years and with the support of the Foundation "Caminos de Libertad", Pastoral care is interested in the urgent needs of people in prisons. "The Food Bank is engaged with the poorest and most disadvantaged and tries to be a bridge to unite those who want to serve and those who suffer. This time we joined forces in this noble cause of helping those who are deprived of freedom, we wish to cooperate in the collection of items for personal hygiene, both in the parishes of Bogotá, private companies and with individual aid", said Father Saldarriaga, Executive Director of the Food Bank. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/09/2013)
- 2015-07-31 - Day of Protest against human trafficking: child soldiers still used by FARC
- 2015-07-30 - Updated Spanish version of the New Testament
- 2015-07-16 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Priest murdered in the sacristy as he was about to celebrate mass
- 2015-07-13 - Once the peace agreement is signed, the real challenge of the government will be how to handle the situation
- 2015-07-09 - "The peace process is alive", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga; letter of the religious leaders
- 2015-06-24 - Latin American Religious give their full support and unreserved commitment for Peace in Colombia
- 2015-06-17 - Silent march in Tumaco: after 60 years of violence it is now time to form "a truly civilized society"
- 2015-06-10 - The inhabitants of port of Buenaventura subjected to "collective torture"
- 2015-06-09 - Human trafficking, new areopagus of consecrated life in Latin America
- 2015-05-26 - "Stop deaths! An agreement has to be reached as soon as possible", asks Cardinal Salazar Gómez