AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Aid to the prisoners on the feast of the Patron of Prisoners
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - About 18,000 people in different prisons will benefit from the agreement between the Commission of Catholic Prison Pastoral Care and the Food Bank of Bogota, which provides for the distribution of a complete set of personal hygiene on the occasion of the celebration of Our Lady of Mercy.
The national coordinator of Catholic Prison Pastoral Care, Fr. Andres Fernandez, explained in the note sent to Fides, how for more than 15 years and with the support of the Foundation "Caminos de Libertad", Pastoral care is interested in the urgent needs of people in prisons. "The Food Bank is engaged with the poorest and most disadvantaged and tries to be a bridge to unite those who want to serve and those who suffer. This time we joined forces in this noble cause of helping those who are deprived of freedom, we wish to cooperate in the collection of items for personal hygiene, both in the parishes of Bogotá, private companies and with individual aid", said Father Saldarriaga, Executive Director of the Food Bank. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/09/2013)
- 2014-10-17 - "We hope peace is near" says Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2014-10-08 - The Auxiliary Bishop of Medellin: "We cannot get used to violence"
- 2014-10-06 - Another priest killed for armed robbery
- 2014-10-02 - Members of the third delegation of victims set off for Havana to meet with FARC representatives
- 2014-09-30 - Working with the indigenous open to inculturation: the commitment of the Apostolic Vicar of Mitu
- 2014-09-19 - Proclaiming the Gospel in an Amazonian context: the challenge for the Bishop of Puerto Leguizamo-Solano
- 2014-09-13 - The Week for Peace becomes "Year of Peace" in Cali
- 2014-08-20 - "Only mercy can make justice a reality", said Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2014-08-18 - The first 12 members of the delegation of the victims will participate in Peace Talks which take place in Cuba
- 2014-08-13 - Dialogues of Peace between the government and FARC