AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Aid to the prisoners on the feast of the Patron of Prisoners
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - About 18,000 people in different prisons will benefit from the agreement between the Commission of Catholic Prison Pastoral Care and the Food Bank of Bogota, which provides for the distribution of a complete set of personal hygiene on the occasion of the celebration of Our Lady of Mercy.
The national coordinator of Catholic Prison Pastoral Care, Fr. Andres Fernandez, explained in the note sent to Fides, how for more than 15 years and with the support of the Foundation "Caminos de Libertad", Pastoral care is interested in the urgent needs of people in prisons. "The Food Bank is engaged with the poorest and most disadvantaged and tries to be a bridge to unite those who want to serve and those who suffer. This time we joined forces in this noble cause of helping those who are deprived of freedom, we wish to cooperate in the collection of items for personal hygiene, both in the parishes of Bogotá, private companies and with individual aid", said Father Saldarriaga, Executive Director of the Food Bank. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/09/2013)
- 2015-11-24 - Peace process: no need to hasten the signing without verifying the international law
- 2015-11-21 - The Church: need to clarify the referendum to have lasting peace
- 2015-11-19 - "There are connections between the conflicts in the Middle East and environmental issues" says a Jesuit
- 2015-11-16 - Poverty on the rise in Santa Fe and Chapinero: daily wage and lack of retirement among the causes
- 2015-11-12 - Meeting of the Pan-Amazonian Network: necessity to listen to indigenous peoples to protect creation
- 2015-10-20 - Mgr. Castro Quiroga: "The opening of dialogue with ELN is positive news"
- 2015-10-19 - "Pope Francis" food bank for needy families in Villavicencio
- 2015-10-09 - Cardinal Pimiento: "Vote-buying is a crime"
- 2015-10-02 - Become peacemakers: 400 priests offer the opportunity to receive the sacrament of reconciliation
- 2015-09-24 - Colombia towards peace through the path of reconciliation