AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Aid to the prisoners on the feast of the Patron of Prisoners
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - About 18,000 people in different prisons will benefit from the agreement between the Commission of Catholic Prison Pastoral Care and the Food Bank of Bogota, which provides for the distribution of a complete set of personal hygiene on the occasion of the celebration of Our Lady of Mercy.
The national coordinator of Catholic Prison Pastoral Care, Fr. Andres Fernandez, explained in the note sent to Fides, how for more than 15 years and with the support of the Foundation "Caminos de Libertad", Pastoral care is interested in the urgent needs of people in prisons. "The Food Bank is engaged with the poorest and most disadvantaged and tries to be a bridge to unite those who want to serve and those who suffer. This time we joined forces in this noble cause of helping those who are deprived of freedom, we wish to cooperate in the collection of items for personal hygiene, both in the parishes of Bogotá, private companies and with individual aid", said Father Saldarriaga, Executive Director of the Food Bank. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/09/2013)
- 2015-04-01 - Special care for children infected with chikungunya
- 2015-03-30 - Joy in the suffering: Sincelejo welcomes the new Bishop remembering the pastor killed
- 2015-03-25 - Concern of the Church: peace talks must continue
- 2015-03-23 - A priest killed after a violent attempted robbery
- 2015-03-18 - Elections: the Archbishop of Medellin urges the socio-political formation of the community
- 2015-03-10 - "Weapons, from security to threat for the family, must be eliminated" asks the Archbishop of Medellin
- 2015-03-04 - Meeting of Bishops Emeritus
- 2015-03-02 - Testimony of Mgr. Vidal: "Promises arrive in Cúcuta, never decisions"
- 2015-02-21 - Lent: multimedia “On the way to Easter”
- 2015-02-10 - The proposal of the FARC divides public opinion