AMERICA/PERU - "For a society without human trafficking": a social evil that cannot leave us indifferent
Lima ( Agenzia Fides) - As part of the program Solidarity Campaign "Compartir" ("To Share"), 2013, a march on the occasion of the International Day against Human Trafficking will be held in Lima on Monday, September 23. The event will start at 5 p.m. (local time) next to the Palace of Justice, in the center of the Peruvian capital, from there the participants will head towards Plaza Francia. This mobilization , according to the note sent to Fides Agency by the Peruvian Bishops, will have the slogan: "For a society without human trafficking", and is organized by Red Kawsay Peru, together with the leaders of Solidarity Campaign "Compartir" of the Commission for the Pastoral Care of Human Mobility of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, with the aim of raising awareness about the scourge of human trafficking around the world.
The Campaign of Solidarity "Compartir" faces in fact this year the theme of human trafficking and smuggling of migrants, focusing on the theme of emigrants, to raise awareness on the issue, considered a contemporary form of slavery linked to the exploitation of human beings.
The Catholic Church in Peru has spoken on several circumstances on this topic, which is "a very serious and complex social problem that cannot leave us indifferent", as reported by His Exc. Mgr. Héctor Vera, Bishop of Ica, president of the pastoral commission of Human Mobility of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, which has prosposed support to the communities in order to work and reflect on this situation (see Fides 17/06/2013). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/09/2013)
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking
- 2015-07-25 - AMERICA/PERU – 100 years of mission among indigenous women in the Amazon
- 2015-07-23 - Peru and Brazil together to eradicate child labour in Amazonia
- 2015-07-03 - Lost childhood in coffee plantations
- 2015-06-13 - National Week of the Migrant: Letter of Bishops to 3 million Peruvians abroad
- 2015-05-12 - Bishops call for urgent action and dialogue, "No more violence" for the Tia Maria case
- 2015-04-13 - Many children grow up in prison with their imprisoned mothers
- 2015-04-09 - Children forced to attend classes under trees infested by wasps
- 2015-02-05 - In August, the beatification of three missionaries killed: the first martyrs of the diocese and Peru
- 2015-02-04 - The three missionaries killed in 1991 will be beatified because they were close to the poorest