AMERICA/PERU - "For a society without human trafficking": a social evil that cannot leave us indifferent
Lima ( Agenzia Fides) - As part of the program Solidarity Campaign "Compartir" ("To Share"), 2013, a march on the occasion of the International Day against Human Trafficking will be held in Lima on Monday, September 23. The event will start at 5 p.m. (local time) next to the Palace of Justice, in the center of the Peruvian capital, from there the participants will head towards Plaza Francia. This mobilization , according to the note sent to Fides Agency by the Peruvian Bishops, will have the slogan: "For a society without human trafficking", and is organized by Red Kawsay Peru, together with the leaders of Solidarity Campaign "Compartir" of the Commission for the Pastoral Care of Human Mobility of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, with the aim of raising awareness about the scourge of human trafficking around the world.
The Campaign of Solidarity "Compartir" faces in fact this year the theme of human trafficking and smuggling of migrants, focusing on the theme of emigrants, to raise awareness on the issue, considered a contemporary form of slavery linked to the exploitation of human beings.
The Catholic Church in Peru has spoken on several circumstances on this topic, which is "a very serious and complex social problem that cannot leave us indifferent", as reported by His Exc. Mgr. Héctor Vera, Bishop of Ica, president of the pastoral commission of Human Mobility of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, which has prosposed support to the communities in order to work and reflect on this situation (see Fides 17/06/2013). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/09/2013)
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas
- 2014-04-02 - More than 600 former child workers have started school in the province of Chiclayo
- 2014-03-21 - Bishop of Chimbote obligated to special security measures
- 2014-03-07 - The Church denounces the alarming pollution of the Peruvian forest
- 2014-02-27 - “Ninos de plomo” Children of Lead: education programme for mineral contaminated minors
- 2014-02-19 - "For a participated and technical debate": the Bishops on the university law
- 2014-01-28 - Dispute between Peru and Chile: an example of how to resolve differences in a peaceful manner
- 2014-01-21 - In prayer for harmony among the peoples, pending the judgment of the Hague
- 2014-01-20 - The Bishops gathered in Plenary Assembly
- 2014-01-14 - "Without communication, there are no rights"