AMERICA/PERU - "For a society without human trafficking": a social evil that cannot leave us indifferent
Lima ( Agenzia Fides) - As part of the program Solidarity Campaign "Compartir" ("To Share"), 2013, a march on the occasion of the International Day against Human Trafficking will be held in Lima on Monday, September 23. The event will start at 5 p.m. (local time) next to the Palace of Justice, in the center of the Peruvian capital, from there the participants will head towards Plaza Francia. This mobilization , according to the note sent to Fides Agency by the Peruvian Bishops, will have the slogan: "For a society without human trafficking", and is organized by Red Kawsay Peru, together with the leaders of Solidarity Campaign "Compartir" of the Commission for the Pastoral Care of Human Mobility of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, with the aim of raising awareness about the scourge of human trafficking around the world.
The Campaign of Solidarity "Compartir" faces in fact this year the theme of human trafficking and smuggling of migrants, focusing on the theme of emigrants, to raise awareness on the issue, considered a contemporary form of slavery linked to the exploitation of human beings.
The Catholic Church in Peru has spoken on several circumstances on this topic, which is "a very serious and complex social problem that cannot leave us indifferent", as reported by His Exc. Mgr. Héctor Vera, Bishop of Ica, president of the pastoral commission of Human Mobility of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, which has prosposed support to the communities in order to work and reflect on this situation (see Fides 17/06/2013). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/09/2013)
- 2014-09-30 - How to prevent child labor and ensure adequate opportunities for growth
- 2014-09-23 - "Gold fever" increases human trafficking and sexual exploitation
- 2014-09-19 - The activist who fought for the Amazonian forest, against the deforestation of his land killed
- 2014-09-10 - “Young people without frontiers”: witnesses and proclaimers of the faith to the world of today
- 2014-09-05 - Elections: Bishops concerned about serious signs of corruption and distrust in politics
- 2014-08-18 - Killed during their missionary work 23 years ago
- 2014-07-26 - 193 years of independent and Catholic life
- 2014-07-07 - The President receives requests to stop the law on therapeutic abortion
- 2014-07-04 - School conditions for poor Ashaninkas children
- 2014-07-02 - Legislation for therapeutic abortion is "immoral, unconstitutional and illegal"