AMERICA/PERU - "For a society without human trafficking": a social evil that cannot leave us indifferent
Lima ( Agenzia Fides) - As part of the program Solidarity Campaign "Compartir" ("To Share"), 2013, a march on the occasion of the International Day against Human Trafficking will be held in Lima on Monday, September 23. The event will start at 5 p.m. (local time) next to the Palace of Justice, in the center of the Peruvian capital, from there the participants will head towards Plaza Francia. This mobilization , according to the note sent to Fides Agency by the Peruvian Bishops, will have the slogan: "For a society without human trafficking", and is organized by Red Kawsay Peru, together with the leaders of Solidarity Campaign "Compartir" of the Commission for the Pastoral Care of Human Mobility of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, with the aim of raising awareness about the scourge of human trafficking around the world.
The Campaign of Solidarity "Compartir" faces in fact this year the theme of human trafficking and smuggling of migrants, focusing on the theme of emigrants, to raise awareness on the issue, considered a contemporary form of slavery linked to the exploitation of human beings.
The Catholic Church in Peru has spoken on several circumstances on this topic, which is "a very serious and complex social problem that cannot leave us indifferent", as reported by His Exc. Mgr. Héctor Vera, Bishop of Ica, president of the pastoral commission of Human Mobility of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, which has prosposed support to the communities in order to work and reflect on this situation (see Fides 17/06/2013). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/09/2013)
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking