AMERICA/MEXICO - General health care and food counseling organized by the local Church
Tijuana - The Archdiocese of Tijuana, the main city of the Mexican state of Baja California, organized the Fifth Day of Health care in the Miramar colony where free counseling services were offered regarding general medical care, nutrition and dentistry. In a statement sent to Fides Agency, the local responsible for the health care pastoral, said that the Church in addition to taking care of the spiritual aspect, is also concerned about the overall well-being of the community and, together with other humanitarian groups in the United States and Mexico, carry out medical days in the colonies and in the most vulnerable communities in Tijuana every day. During this Fifth Day the main goal was to make people aware of taking care of their health. (AP) ( Agenzia Fides 20/09/2013 )
- 2015-05-28 - The churches of Piedras Negras become centers of aid to people affected by the tornado
- 2015-05-27 - Tornado among the strongest recorded in the country affects Ciudad Acuña: 14 deaths and massive damage
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination
- 2015-05-13 - Tarahumara children sleep in schools so they are not forced to walk five hours
- 2015-05-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – When will violence be stopped?
- 2015-05-11 - Mgr. Armendáriz to candidates: "We want proposals rather than promises"
- 2015-05-06 - The monumental image of the "Cristo de las Noas" will be donated to the diocese of Torreon
- 2015-04-30 - Toys, sweets, clothes, shoes: collection in favor of the more vulnerable indigenous children
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"