AMERICA/MEXICO - General health care and food counseling organized by the local Church
Tijuana - The Archdiocese of Tijuana, the main city of the Mexican state of Baja California, organized the Fifth Day of Health care in the Miramar colony where free counseling services were offered regarding general medical care, nutrition and dentistry. In a statement sent to Fides Agency, the local responsible for the health care pastoral, said that the Church in addition to taking care of the spiritual aspect, is also concerned about the overall well-being of the community and, together with other humanitarian groups in the United States and Mexico, carry out medical days in the colonies and in the most vulnerable communities in Tijuana every day. During this Fifth Day the main goal was to make people aware of taking care of their health. (AP) ( Agenzia Fides 20/09/2013 )
- 2014-04-15 - Tension in the area of Veracruz due to the work of the hydroelectric power plant
- 2014-04-09 - Six out of 10 children live in poverty, laws are being studied to respect the rights of children
- 2014-04-04 - All involved in finding different mechanisms to put an end to violence
- 2014-03-31 - Mgr. Calzada Guerrero’s appeal:The killings in Oaxaca are a strong wake-up call
- 2014-03-28 - The Bishops: stop with threats! The problem in the area of Veracruz can be resolved through dialogue
- 2014-03-24 - Mgr. Pierre for the 50th anniversary of the Diocese of Veracruz: "Re-launch evangelization"
- 2014-03-15 - The complaint of a Bishop: "Corruption strangles bean farmers"
- 2014-03-14 - How to respond to the challenges of the American continent
- 2014-03-05 - The phenomenon of adolescent mothers who drop out of school continues to worsen
- 2014-03-04 - Ash Wednesday: 200 priests go to prisons, to bring hope and encouragement