AFRICA/DR CONGO – Everything is ready for the resumption of hostilities in North Kivu, denounces the local civil society
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - A guerrilla commander accused of committing war crimes, is ready to lead the offensive of the M23 against the Congolese army in the territory of Rutshuru, North Kivu (eastern Democratic Republic of Congo). This was stated in a note of the Coordination of Civil Society in North Kivu.
According to the note sent to Fides Agency, Colonel Innocent Kaina, called "Indian Queen", is preparing the troops of the M23.
In a further note the Coordination of Civil Society of North Kivu denounces forced recruitment of hundreds of young people in the district of Rubavu (Rwanda). "We have learned that young people are led to the field of Rumangabo (in Rutshuru territory) where they will be subjected to a summary military training before being put in the ranks of the M23 and Rwandan army " says the note.
"This information is very serious and must be brought to the attention of the government and MONUSCO (the UN Mission in the DRC)", the statement concludes. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 19/09/2013)
- 2014-04-03 - New incursions of Rwandan rebels denounced by civil society in North Kivu
- 2014-04-02 - Kasenga launches an alarm on the resumption of the violence carried out by the Bakata Katanga
- 2014-03-31 - The creation of an African Criminal Court is urgently needed" said a scholar at the Catholic University of Congo
- 2014-03-24 - More than 250 Congolese refugees drown while trying to return home from Uganda
- 2014-03-11 - To improve road communications in view of the national pilgrimage for the 50th anniversary of the martyrdom of Blessed Anuarite
- 2014-03-04 - "No to indirect elections", say the Bishops who fear fraud and manipulation
- 2014-02-28 - “We have yet to verify the presence of the bodies of the three Assumptionist priests in mass graves discovered” says the Bishop Butembo-Beni
- 2014-02-25 - AFRICA/DR CONGO – United Nations will increase Peacekeeping troops in Katanga, a drama signalled by the country's Catholic Bishops
- 2014-02-21 - "Unspeakable violence in Katanga" denounce the Bishops of the Province
- 2014-02-17 - North Congolese, an explosive mix: ex Central African combatants and gold mines