AFRICA/DR CONGO – Everything is ready for the resumption of hostilities in North Kivu, denounces the local civil society
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - A guerrilla commander accused of committing war crimes, is ready to lead the offensive of the M23 against the Congolese army in the territory of Rutshuru, North Kivu (eastern Democratic Republic of Congo). This was stated in a note of the Coordination of Civil Society in North Kivu.
According to the note sent to Fides Agency, Colonel Innocent Kaina, called "Indian Queen", is preparing the troops of the M23.
In a further note the Coordination of Civil Society of North Kivu denounces forced recruitment of hundreds of young people in the district of Rubavu (Rwanda). "We have learned that young people are led to the field of Rumangabo (in Rutshuru territory) where they will be subjected to a summary military training before being put in the ranks of the M23 and Rwandan army " says the note.
"This information is very serious and must be brought to the attention of the government and MONUSCO (the UN Mission in the DRC)", the statement concludes. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 19/09/2013)
AFRICA/DR CONGO – EVERYTHING IS READY FOR THE RESUMPTION OF HOSTILITIES IN NORTH KIVU, DENOUNCES THE LOCAL CIVIL SOCIETY
- 2014-12-17 - Meeting of the "wise men" begins today to put an end to the massacres in the territory of Beni
- 2014-12-16 - More groups commit massacres against civilians in Beni: maybe a new war?
- 2014-12-09 - AFRICA/DR CONGO – More massacres in Beni area; civil society starts dialogue
- 2014-12-05 - More than 88,000 persons displaced by guerrilla violence; no words describe the tragedy and horror
- 2014-11-26 - The massacres in Beni: carried out by a criminal network made up of guerrillas and corrupt military
- 2014-11-25 - AFRICA/DR CONGO – The Bishops: "Violence against women is a crime against humanity"
- 2014-11-24 - Another massacre in North Kivu: 200 people were killed in the area in October
- 2014-11-19 - Ebola: No new cases registered in the Country
- 2014-11-17 - Stop to minerals of war: appeal to the European Union so that it strengthen controls
- 2014-11-07 - "We want thorough investigation into the violence against the clergy in Lodja" asks civil society