AFRICA/DR CONGO – Everything is ready for the resumption of hostilities in North Kivu, denounces the local civil society
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - A guerrilla commander accused of committing war crimes, is ready to lead the offensive of the M23 against the Congolese army in the territory of Rutshuru, North Kivu (eastern Democratic Republic of Congo). This was stated in a note of the Coordination of Civil Society in North Kivu.
According to the note sent to Fides Agency, Colonel Innocent Kaina, called "Indian Queen", is preparing the troops of the M23.
In a further note the Coordination of Civil Society of North Kivu denounces forced recruitment of hundreds of young people in the district of Rubavu (Rwanda). "We have learned that young people are led to the field of Rumangabo (in Rutshuru territory) where they will be subjected to a summary military training before being put in the ranks of the M23 and Rwandan army " says the note.
"This information is very serious and must be brought to the attention of the government and MONUSCO (the UN Mission in the DRC)", the statement concludes. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 19/09/2013)
AFRICA/DR CONGO – EVERYTHING IS READY FOR THE RESUMPTION OF HOSTILITIES IN NORTH KIVU, DENOUNCES THE LOCAL CIVIL SOCIETY
- 2015-05-26 - The Bishops denounce: "In eastern Congo three basic training camps for jihadists; but the UN observes without intervening"
- 2015-05-22 - Civil society denounces the ambiguous role of the army in the massacres in the territory of Beni
- 2015-05-18 - Prayers and mobilization of the population to demand an end of attacks by Ugandan rebels
- 2015-05-18 - More than a hundred women victims of rape in the attack in Kikamba
- 2015-05-05 - More than 7,000 Burundian asylum-seekers in South Kivu; UN and Caritas mobilized
- 2015-04-30 - African rebirth also passes through the media and Pan-African tourism
- 2015-04-27 - The United Nations Commission on Human Rights takes office, but repression of opponents continue
- 2015-04-10 - "The massacres in Butembo are a crime against humanity" denounce religious orders in the area
- 2015-04-09 - The opposition demands an investigation into the mass grave discovered 80 km from Kinshasa
- 2015-04-08 - Volcanoes erupting, wars, lack of infrastructure, extreme poverty and schooling for a few