AFRICA/DR CONGO – Everything is ready for the resumption of hostilities in North Kivu, denounces the local civil society
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - A guerrilla commander accused of committing war crimes, is ready to lead the offensive of the M23 against the Congolese army in the territory of Rutshuru, North Kivu (eastern Democratic Republic of Congo). This was stated in a note of the Coordination of Civil Society in North Kivu.
According to the note sent to Fides Agency, Colonel Innocent Kaina, called "Indian Queen", is preparing the troops of the M23.
In a further note the Coordination of Civil Society of North Kivu denounces forced recruitment of hundreds of young people in the district of Rubavu (Rwanda). "We have learned that young people are led to the field of Rumangabo (in Rutshuru territory) where they will be subjected to a summary military training before being put in the ranks of the M23 and Rwandan army " says the note.
"This information is very serious and must be brought to the attention of the government and MONUSCO (the UN Mission in the DRC)", the statement concludes. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 19/09/2013)
AFRICA/DR CONGO – EVERYTHING IS READY FOR THE RESUMPTION OF HOSTILITIES IN NORTH KIVU, DENOUNCES THE LOCAL CIVIL SOCIETY
- 2015-02-27 - A priest killed in the east of the Country; the Bishop of Goma denounces insecurity in the area
- 2015-02-25 - Strong humanitarian concern for the announced offensive against Rwandan rebels
- 2015-02-23 - “Government must guarantee freedom of press”: appeal following closure of several broadcasters including Kinshasa’s Catholic TV
- 2015-02-21 - AFRICA/ DR CONGO – Election calendar made public: eight elections in two years
- 2015-02-12 - A UN report highlights the international links of the Congolese guerrillas
- 2015-02-05 - AFRICA/DR CONGO – The Bishops ask for a clear electoral calendar
- 2014-12-22 - North Kivu: the conclusions of the meeting of the "wise men" to end the war in the Territory of Beni
- 2014-12-17 - Meeting of the "wise men" begins today to put an end to the massacres in the territory of Beni
- 2014-12-16 - More groups commit massacres against civilians in Beni: maybe a new war?
- 2014-12-09 - AFRICA/DR CONGO – More massacres in Beni area; civil society starts dialogue