AFRICA/DR CONGO – Everything is ready for the resumption of hostilities in North Kivu, denounces the local civil society
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - A guerrilla commander accused of committing war crimes, is ready to lead the offensive of the M23 against the Congolese army in the territory of Rutshuru, North Kivu (eastern Democratic Republic of Congo). This was stated in a note of the Coordination of Civil Society in North Kivu.
According to the note sent to Fides Agency, Colonel Innocent Kaina, called "Indian Queen", is preparing the troops of the M23.
In a further note the Coordination of Civil Society of North Kivu denounces forced recruitment of hundreds of young people in the district of Rubavu (Rwanda). "We have learned that young people are led to the field of Rumangabo (in Rutshuru territory) where they will be subjected to a summary military training before being put in the ranks of the M23 and Rwandan army " says the note.
"This information is very serious and must be brought to the attention of the government and MONUSCO (the UN Mission in the DRC)", the statement concludes. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 19/09/2013)
AFRICA/DR CONGO – EVERYTHING IS READY FOR THE RESUMPTION OF HOSTILITIES IN NORTH KIVU, DENOUNCES THE LOCAL CIVIL SOCIETY
- 2015-11-27 - The Bishops: "Stop shedding the blood of the Congolese"
- 2015-11-19 - Open discussion on the mission in Africa 50 years after the "Ad Gentes" apostolic decree
- 2015-11-16 - The Bishops: "National dialogue must respect the Constitution"
- 2015-11-05 - Civil society: "There are foreign jihadists in our region despite what the UN says"
- 2015-11-04 - Kidnappings: new plague in North Kivu: more than 600 seizures since the beginning of the year
- 2015-10-30 - Lack of funds put the elections at risk
- 2015-10-22 - Catholic Bishops disassociate from choice of presidency candidate for Independent National Election Commission
- 2015-10-21 - Three years after the disappearance of the three Congolese Assumptionists, no word on their fate
- 2015-10-20 - Religious confessions announce the rapid appointment of the new head of the Electoral Commission
- 2015-10-12 - Concern for the resignation of the President of the Independent Electoral Commission