AMERICA/CHILE – To love ones homeland inside prisons: Mgr. Chomali celebrates with inmates
Concepcion (Agenzia Fides) - "I know it is not easy to be here when you know we celebrate the Feast of the country outside.
However, despite being in this situation, no one can force you to stop loving your homeland": are His Exc. Mgr. Fernando Chomali’s words, Archbishop of Concepcion, during the homily of the Mass celebrated in the Prison center of El Manzano in Concepcion .
Mgr. Chomali emphasized the Church's pastoral work in prisons, coordinated by Fr. German Hermosilla, prison chaplain, who works with inmates and the guards. A group of pastoral workers regularly visit the prison population and also follow their families. Within this pastoral ministry, there are weekly programs that prepare inmates to receive the sacraments.
The Archbishop invited the inmates to have "a grateful heart, knowing that God listens to us" and concluded: "He is always with us, because although we have made mistakes, Jesus Christ is always merciful. This Mass we prepared for you is really a living space, of faith, of hope, with which we want to encourage everyone". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/09/2013)
AMERICA/CHILE – TO LOVE ONES HOMELAND INSIDE PRISONS: MGR. CHOMALI CELEBRATES WITH INMATES
- 2015-10-22 - A global network of volunteers for minors at risk
- 2015-10-19 - V Meeting for Pastoral Operators of Human Mobility in Bolivia, Chile and Peru
- 2015-10-05 - The Bishop of Punta Arenas thanks for the clarification on the gas supply
- 2015-09-29 - The Bishop of Punta Arenas denounces: There is no transparency in the agreements for gas
- 2015-09-25 - Earthquake victims help other victims: the President of Caritas Chile in the affected areas
- 2015-08-06 - "Freedoms have limits", said Mgr. Chomalí
- 2015-08-03 - “Abortion is never therapeutic”: local Catholic Church attacks
- 2015-07-01 - Procession at sea on Easter Island for St. Peter, praying for the Pope's visit
- 2015-05-19 - The main problems of childhood in Chile: Sexual exploitation, trafficking, drugs, alcohol
- 2015-05-18 - First agreement between former political prisoners and government, Mgr. Goic President of the Commission