AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Cases of child workers and indigenous people exploited in inhumane conditions have been denounced
Ballivián (Agenzia Fides) - The Ministry of Labour in the city of Salta, in the northwest of Argentina, have reported cases of child labor and aborigines without documentation, engaged in a factory in Ballivián General, in the north of the province, in very risky activities and in inhumane conditions. According to sources from the local government, the the Labour Police inspectors found, in the department of San Martín, in Ballivián, children engaged in the glades of a farm, and in some areas a group of Aborigines exploited in inhuman conditions and without any kind of registration, also without identity documents. In the Country, child labor is a criminal offense and should be prosecuted. Immediate steps were taken by suspending the work activities in 3000 acres of the farm and the case has been postponed. As for the Aborigines exploited, offenders have been reported and have ten days to rectify the situation before a criminal trial. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 18/09/2013)
- 2014-11-05 - The fight against drugs should be considered a State matter
- 2014-11-04 - Two thousand secondary school teachers gathered for the XII Education Forum
- 2014-10-30 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Drugs: "it is urgent to move from concern to action"
- 2014-10-28 - The Bishops' spot: where are the children who disappeared during the State terrorism?
- 2014-10-11 - During the debate on drugs, the government also looks at the position of Bishops
- 2014-10-09 - Strong commitment of the Diocese of Quilmes against human trafficking and related crimes
- 2014-10-08 - Free vaccination campaign for children
- 2014-09-06 - The life of every migrant demands we build a new world; migrants’ pilgrimage to Luján
- 2014-09-04 - Announcing Christ on the streets: “committed to mission” for the archdiocese of Salta
- 2014-09-03 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Month of the Bible, ideal context for giving new impulse to the evangelising mission of the Church