AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Cases of child workers and indigenous people exploited in inhumane conditions have been denounced
Ballivián (Agenzia Fides) - The Ministry of Labour in the city of Salta, in the northwest of Argentina, have reported cases of child labor and aborigines without documentation, engaged in a factory in Ballivián General, in the north of the province, in very risky activities and in inhumane conditions. According to sources from the local government, the the Labour Police inspectors found, in the department of San Martín, in Ballivián, children engaged in the glades of a farm, and in some areas a group of Aborigines exploited in inhuman conditions and without any kind of registration, also without identity documents. In the Country, child labor is a criminal offense and should be prosecuted. Immediate steps were taken by suspending the work activities in 3000 acres of the farm and the case has been postponed. As for the Aborigines exploited, offenders have been reported and have ten days to rectify the situation before a criminal trial. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 18/09/2013)
- 2015-04-08 - "Can one sing the Alleluia in the world we live in?"
- 2015-03-11 - 400 years of evangelization in Posadas: "we share the joy of evangelizing"
- 2015-03-04 - "God did not create borders": for 65 years a Mass for brotherhood between Chile and Argentina
- 2015-02-17 - During Lent let us assess our spirit of mission: message from Archbishop Arancedo
- 2015-02-14 - Mgr. Buenanueva:"We need good quality citizens"
- 2015-02-12 - Mgr. Lozano denounces: deaths due to child malnutrition in the country
- 2015-01-22 - Nisman case: Bishops: "the people want the truth"
- 2015-01-15 - Divine Word Missionaries from Asia, Africa and Oceania work in Argentina
- 2015-01-09 - Tuberculosis and Chagas disease out of control in the Chaco
- 2014-12-23 - Church and government for the common good and peace of the country