AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Cases of child workers and indigenous people exploited in inhumane conditions have been denounced
Ballivián (Agenzia Fides) - The Ministry of Labour in the city of Salta, in the northwest of Argentina, have reported cases of child labor and aborigines without documentation, engaged in a factory in Ballivián General, in the north of the province, in very risky activities and in inhumane conditions. According to sources from the local government, the the Labour Police inspectors found, in the department of San Martín, in Ballivián, children engaged in the glades of a farm, and in some areas a group of Aborigines exploited in inhuman conditions and without any kind of registration, also without identity documents. In the Country, child labor is a criminal offense and should be prosecuted. Immediate steps were taken by suspending the work activities in 3000 acres of the farm and the case has been postponed. As for the Aborigines exploited, offenders have been reported and have ten days to rectify the situation before a criminal trial. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 18/09/2013)
- 2015-11-25 - New President: the Church hopes stronger solidarity policies for vulnerable sectors
- 2015-11-20 - Thousands occupy houses and land, the Bishop denounces the absence of state authorities
- 2015-11-17 - Family, formation of priests, environmental problems: the topics analyzed by the Bishops
- 2015-11-11 - 140 years ago the first group of Salesian missionaries arrived in Patagonia
- 2015-11-09 - Assembly of Bishops in progress: Eucharistic Congress, family and priestly formation Buenos
- 2015-11-05 - Mining company withdraws from La Rioja: statement of the Bishop and the Deputy Governor
- 2015-11-04 - The request of the diocese to the State: "Do not suspend the subsidies to schools"
- 2015-11-03 - National Day of the Sick, an opportunity aimed to arouse greater sensitivity
- 2015-10-26 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – First stage of Bishop’s beatification process expected to take two years
- 2015-10-06 - Mgr. Gimeno in view of the elections: "We must learn to choose before voting"