AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Cases of child workers and indigenous people exploited in inhumane conditions have been denounced
Ballivián (Agenzia Fides) - The Ministry of Labour in the city of Salta, in the northwest of Argentina, have reported cases of child labor and aborigines without documentation, engaged in a factory in Ballivián General, in the north of the province, in very risky activities and in inhumane conditions. According to sources from the local government, the the Labour Police inspectors found, in the department of San Martín, in Ballivián, children engaged in the glades of a farm, and in some areas a group of Aborigines exploited in inhuman conditions and without any kind of registration, also without identity documents. In the Country, child labor is a criminal offense and should be prosecuted. Immediate steps were taken by suspending the work activities in 3000 acres of the farm and the case has been postponed. As for the Aborigines exploited, offenders have been reported and have ten days to rectify the situation before a criminal trial. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 18/09/2013)
- 2014-07-08 - After 38 years the killers of the Bishop who fought for hope and dignity have been condemned
- 2014-06-27 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Social Week begins, to promote "the culture of meeting"
- 2014-06-26 - A city in march against consumption and illicit drug trafficking
- 2014-06-25 - Bishops concerned about the national economic situation
- 2014-06-18 - A video against drugs: the Church launches a campaign on social networking sites
- 2014-05-28 - Church and civil authorities together for the safety of citizens
- 2014-05-26 - After 10 years, President Kirchner takes part in the Te Deum for the national holiday
- 2014-05-14 - "The country is sick of violence": proposal of Bishops to respond to this reality
- 2014-05-05 - Episcopal Assembly begins: "It is impossible to get used to drugs and violence"
- 2014-04-10 - For the Bishop of Posadas: "Lynchings, a serious social problem to be solved together"