AMERICA/ECUADOR - Commitment of the parish of Imantag for vulnerable people
Santa Ana de Cotacachi (Agenzia Fides) - The representatives of the parish government of Imantag in the city of Santa Ana de Cotacachi, largest canton of the Province of Imbabura, and of the Ministry for Economic and Social Inclusion of the Territory, have recently signed a cooperation agreement regarding social sectors.
The projects included are the eradication of child labor and the training of people with disabilities and of their families to make them aware of their rights and give them back their dignity.
Objective of the agreement is to prevent and manage to ensure that young children and adolescents turn away from any kind of child labor and to fully give back their rights in coordination with all state services.
Among other priorities: the development of people with disabilities.
The technicians of the project will carry out two visits per month, ensuring that families and communities have the same rights and opportunities. The beneficiaries are currently 105 vulnerable people of the parish. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 16/09/2013)
- 2013-12-12 AMERICA/ECUADOR - "Adopt a project": people can redeem thanks to education
- 2013-11-15 AMERICA/ECUADOR - National Congress: Religious freedom and the public dimension of faith for the closing of the Year of Faith
- 2013-10-30 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Resignation of the Apostolic Vicar of Galapagos and appointment of successor
- 2013-10-14 AMERICA/ECUADOR – Legalization of abortion, the President threatens to resign: the Church praises him
- 2013-09-16 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Commitment of the parish of Imantag for vulnerable people
- 2013-08-22 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Over 4 million working children engaged in high-risk activities
- 2013-08-09 AMERICA/ECUADOR - International Day of Indigenous Peoples: the demands of the indigenous of Ecuador
- 2013-08-02 AMERICA/ECUADOR - OCLACC Assembly: The Mission of communicators, promoting the spread of truth
- 2013-07-10 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Bishop Arellano launches the alarm concerning the new legislation on drug use, the country is divided
- 2013-06-19 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The new Communications Law has been approved