AMERICA/ECUADOR - Commitment of the parish of Imantag for vulnerable people
Santa Ana de Cotacachi (Agenzia Fides) - The representatives of the parish government of Imantag in the city of Santa Ana de Cotacachi, largest canton of the Province of Imbabura, and of the Ministry for Economic and Social Inclusion of the Territory, have recently signed a cooperation agreement regarding social sectors.
The projects included are the eradication of child labor and the training of people with disabilities and of their families to make them aware of their rights and give them back their dignity.
Objective of the agreement is to prevent and manage to ensure that young children and adolescents turn away from any kind of child labor and to fully give back their rights in coordination with all state services.
Among other priorities: the development of people with disabilities.
The technicians of the project will carry out two visits per month, ensuring that families and communities have the same rights and opportunities. The beneficiaries are currently 105 vulnerable people of the parish. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 16/09/2013)
- 2015-08-01 - Papal altar to serve as parish church
- 2015-07-08 - "We also want to be missionaries" says the indigenous representative to the Pope
- 2015-07-07 - The Pope's visit "will mark a before and after with regards to the situation in the country"
- 2015-07-06 - 10 000 from Santo Domingo to Quito for the Pope's Mass
- 2015-06-26 - Still demonstrations against President Correa
- 2015-06-17 - Bishops: dialogue is the only path to find solutions, violence is always destructive
- 2015-04-17 - Floods favor the spread of the chikungunya virus
- 2015-01-29 - The country remembers "the Bishop of the Indios"
- 2014-10-21 - Indigenous people continue to be discriminated against, undernourished and not protected
- 2014-10-01 - Family Week in Guayaquil, wealth and renewal of society