AFRICA/ZAMBIA - The right to a better education, better teachers and beautiful classrooms
Chipata (Agenzia Fides) - In the world, 775 million adults cannot read and write.
Literacy is much more than an educational priority, it is a great investment in the future and the first step towards the new skills needed in the 21st century. This is one of the priority objectives of the Foundation ACRA-CCS which is promoting a twinning project between Italian and Zambian schools. Among those selected, one is in Chipata, a city in the Eastern Province of Zambia, on the border with Malawi, with terrible, poor, shabby and crowded classrooms, which often contain up to 60/70 children.
They have the desire to learn, even if they have no books, classrooms without furniture, except for old desks and uncomfortable benches, empty and grey walls, with no teaching aid, the only thing available is a large blackboard that takes up an entire wall, which has now faded, so it becomes difficult to write legibly. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 16/09/2013)
- 2014-03-10 AFRICA/ZAMBIA - Support to give strength to the women of Chisitu
- 2014-02-21 AFRICA/ZAMBIA – Let's fulfill the aspirations of those who fought for the independence of building a more just Country
- 2014-01-25 AFRICA/ZAMBIA - Bishops: "Respect democracy"
- 2014-01-09 AFRICA/ZAMBIA - After 50 years of independence a proper Constitution focused on popular sovereignty is needed
- 2013-10-02 AFRICA/ZAMBIA - "Do we still have a functioning state? " Asks Caritas
- 2013-09-16 AFRICA/ZAMBIA - The right to a better education, better teachers and beautiful classrooms
- 2013-08-31 AFRICA/ZAMBIA – Death of Cardinal Mazombwe, Archbishop Emeritus of Lusaka
- 2013-08-02 AFRICA/ZAMBIA - Mothers manage the first kindergarten in the Chipata area
- 2013-06-13 AFRICA/ZAMBIA - "The Constitution cannot be eaten, but can ensure food on our tables"
- 2013-06-04 AFRICA/ZAMBIA - The opposition warns the ruling party: "dissolve the militia or we will be forced to defend ourselves"