AFRICA/SUDAN - New bombings in the Nuba Mountains in Sudan and South Sudan have been denounced
Khartoum (Agenzia Fides) - The Sudanese Air Force continues to bomb villages in the Nuba Mountains in spite of the declaration of cease-fire declared by the government in Khartoum. This was revealed by a spokesman of the SPLM -N (Sudan People's Liberation Movement -North).
According to reports from the Sudan Catholic Radio Network (that says it is not able to confirm the report) the SPLM -N says that a Sudanese MIG fighter-bomber dropped four bombs on the village of Umserdiba and two others on Genesia, destroying some crops.
An Antonov cargo converted into a rudimentary bomber then dropped eight bombs on the villages of Hejerat and Habab.
The Nuba Mountains are in South Kordofan, on the border between Sudan and South Sudan, where since 2011 there has been an ongoing conflict between the army of Khartoum and the SPLM -N
From the analysis of satellite photos obtained by the Project Enought, it appears that the Sudanese air force conducted a raid near the village of Jau in Unity State in South Sudan. The bombing took place just a few days after the agreements reached on September 3 between the Sudanese President Omar Al-Bashir and his South Sudan counterpart Salva Kiir, aimed at putting an end to the long dispute over South Sudan oil exports through structures controlled by Khartoum. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 12/09/2013)
- 2015-09-16 - No school for children living in IDP camps in Darfur
- 2015-08-05 - Rain and wind storms are causing severe damage in South Darfur
- 2015-07-07 - The Church organizes schools for South Sudanese refugees in Khartoum
- 2015-06-15 - "Assurance in South Africa: President Bashir will leave", said a spokesman in Khartoum
- 2015-04-28 - Omar Hassan al-Bashir re-elected President with 94% of the votes
- 2015-04-22 - Outbreak of measles in Darfur: cases continue to multiply
- 2015-04-15 - 70 thousand bags of Carcinogenic Sugar distributed in South Darfur
- 2015-04-13 - AFRICA/SUDAN – Elections contested by the opposition begin, while tension increases with South Sudan
- 2015-02-25 - The number of homeless children, 700 000 live on the streets of the capital
- 2015-02-12 - Hunger and diseases for the displaced persons in Darfur: food, medicines and basic necessities are needed