AFRICA/SUDAN - New bombings in the Nuba Mountains in Sudan and South Sudan have been denounced
Khartoum (Agenzia Fides) - The Sudanese Air Force continues to bomb villages in the Nuba Mountains in spite of the declaration of cease-fire declared by the government in Khartoum. This was revealed by a spokesman of the SPLM -N (Sudan People's Liberation Movement -North).
According to reports from the Sudan Catholic Radio Network (that says it is not able to confirm the report) the SPLM -N says that a Sudanese MIG fighter-bomber dropped four bombs on the village of Umserdiba and two others on Genesia, destroying some crops.
An Antonov cargo converted into a rudimentary bomber then dropped eight bombs on the villages of Hejerat and Habab.
The Nuba Mountains are in South Kordofan, on the border between Sudan and South Sudan, where since 2011 there has been an ongoing conflict between the army of Khartoum and the SPLM -N
From the analysis of satellite photos obtained by the Project Enought, it appears that the Sudanese air force conducted a raid near the village of Jau in Unity State in South Sudan. The bombing took place just a few days after the agreements reached on September 3 between the Sudanese President Omar Al-Bashir and his South Sudan counterpart Salva Kiir, aimed at putting an end to the long dispute over South Sudan oil exports through structures controlled by Khartoum. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 12/09/2013)
- 2014-04-02 - At least 15 villages have been looted in Kutum
- 2014-03-12 - 46 missing children in the desert after the latest attacks in South Darfur have been found
- 2014-02-01 - "Let us not forget the suffering of the peoples of Sudan", says the Church
- 2014-01-10 - Anemia, typhoid, diarrhea and cough are the causes for thousands of deaths in South Darfur
- 2013-12-13 - 25% less aid to 6 million Sudanese in difficulty
- 2013-12-12 - The military hospitals refuse to treat the militiamen
- 2013-11-15 - Armed militiamen attack farmers and take turns raping women farmers in North Darfur
- 2013-11-12 - 7000 inhabitants in South Darfur do not have drinking water and basic services
- 2013-11-06 - Air raid on a school in the area of the Nuba Mountains: people killed and wounded
- 2013-10-15 - Training courses for Sudanese teachers in refugee camps in Chad