AFRICA/SUDAN - New bombings in the Nuba Mountains in Sudan and South Sudan have been denounced
Khartoum (Agenzia Fides) - The Sudanese Air Force continues to bomb villages in the Nuba Mountains in spite of the declaration of cease-fire declared by the government in Khartoum. This was revealed by a spokesman of the SPLM -N (Sudan People's Liberation Movement -North).
According to reports from the Sudan Catholic Radio Network (that says it is not able to confirm the report) the SPLM -N says that a Sudanese MIG fighter-bomber dropped four bombs on the village of Umserdiba and two others on Genesia, destroying some crops.
An Antonov cargo converted into a rudimentary bomber then dropped eight bombs on the villages of Hejerat and Habab.
The Nuba Mountains are in South Kordofan, on the border between Sudan and South Sudan, where since 2011 there has been an ongoing conflict between the army of Khartoum and the SPLM -N
From the analysis of satellite photos obtained by the Project Enought, it appears that the Sudanese air force conducted a raid near the village of Jau in Unity State in South Sudan. The bombing took place just a few days after the agreements reached on September 3 between the Sudanese President Omar Al-Bashir and his South Sudan counterpart Salva Kiir, aimed at putting an end to the long dispute over South Sudan oil exports through structures controlled by Khartoum. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 12/09/2013)
- 2013-11-15 AFRICA/SUDAN - Armed militiamen attack farmers and take turns raping women farmers in North Darfur
- 2013-11-12 AFRICA/SUDAN - 7000 inhabitants in South Darfur do not have drinking water and basic services
- 2013-11-06 AFRICA/SUDAN - Air raid on a school in the area of the Nuba Mountains: people killed and wounded
- 2013-10-15 AFRICA/SUDAN - Training courses for Sudanese teachers in refugee camps in Chad
- 2013-09-27 AFRICA/SUDAN - Dozens killed in clashes in Khartoum during the protests for the rise in fuel prices
- 2013-09-26 AFRICA/SUDAN - Increasing acts of intimidation against the Church
- 2013-09-25 AFRICA/SUDAN - No food for 10,000 displaced people in 18 months in West Darfur
- 2013-09-12 AFRICA/SUDAN - New bombings in the Nuba Mountains in Sudan and South Sudan have been denounced
- 2013-07-26 AFRICA/SUDAN - "Converted being tracked down"
- 2013-07-22 AFRICA/SUDAN - Humanitarian emergency in Kalma refugee camp in South Darfur