AFRICA/EGYPT - Pope Tawadros II resumes public catechesis: hatred must not enter our hearts
Cairo (Agenzia Fides) - After a suspension of about 10 weeks, due to the clashes that rocked the Country following the deposition of Islamist President Morsi, the Coptic Orthodox Patriarch Tawadros II yesterday returned to appear in public at the traditional meeting of prayer and catechesis held every Wednesday afternoon at the Coptic Cathedral in Cairo.
In his preaching - held in conjunction with the so-called "Coptic New Year", the first day of the year according to the ancient Egyptian calendar – Pope Tawadros made clear reference to the Coptic Christians who were killed in August in the attacks suffered by Islamist groups, celebrating them as new martyrs. "The world is saved because it is in God's hands, and Egypt has a special place in His heart. God gives us the same faith and confidence of the martyrs, so that we must not be anyone’s enemy... Let us not allow hatred and hostility to penetrate our hearts", said the Coptic Patriarch in the course of his preaching. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 12/09/2013)
- 2015-07-02 - The Coptic Church after the jihadist attacks in Sinai: we are on the side of the military fighting "evil forces"
- 2015-06-30 - Condolences of the Council of Christian Churches for the assassination of Attorney General
- 2015-06-26 - Christians organize the "banquet of unity" for Muslims on the occasion of Ramadan
- 2015-06-25 - Coptic Patriarch Tawadros: the so-called "Gospel of Barnabas" is a fake
- 2015-06-24 - The campaign to "clean up" the bookshops and libraries of mosques of extremist propaganda continues
- 2015-06-22 - Coptic Orthodox Patriarch Tawadros receives a delegation of Chinese People
- 2015-06-15 - The Egyptian Ambassador to the Holy See: Al Sisi has invited Pope Francis to Egypt
- 2015-05-28 - AFRICA/EGYPT – Coptic boys released, falsely accused of an "insulting" video towards Islam
- 2015-05-26 - The Council of Christian Churches celebrate the second anniversary of its founding
- 2015-05-22 - Patriarch Tawadros speaks at the conference on the "Coptic Diaspora"