AMERICA/MEXICO - About six thousand people live in precarious conditions and extreme poverty
Pungarabato (Agenzia Fides) - The poverty rate in Pungarabato, one of the 81 municipalities of Guerrero in the south-western Mexico, is very high and requires a rapid solution. This is what local authorities state, according to which more than 1,200 families, about 6,000 people, survive among the garbage and the risk of being swept away by rising waters of the river Cutzamala in what is the most important town hall in Tierra Caliente. The houses are mainly built on precarious beams, often on a single wall with a single opening that faces the street depriving the inhabitants of any privacy, sleeping on old mattresses and smelly blankets. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 11/09/2013)
- 2014-04-15 - Tension in the area of Veracruz due to the work of the hydroelectric power plant
- 2014-04-09 - Six out of 10 children live in poverty, laws are being studied to respect the rights of children
- 2014-04-04 - All involved in finding different mechanisms to put an end to violence
- 2014-03-31 - Mgr. Calzada Guerrero’s appeal:The killings in Oaxaca are a strong wake-up call
- 2014-03-28 - The Bishops: stop with threats! The problem in the area of Veracruz can be resolved through dialogue
- 2014-03-24 - Mgr. Pierre for the 50th anniversary of the Diocese of Veracruz: "Re-launch evangelization"
- 2014-03-15 - The complaint of a Bishop: "Corruption strangles bean farmers"
- 2014-03-14 - How to respond to the challenges of the American continent
- 2014-03-05 - The phenomenon of adolescent mothers who drop out of school continues to worsen
- 2014-03-04 - Ash Wednesday: 200 priests go to prisons, to bring hope and encouragement