AMERICA/MEXICO - About six thousand people live in precarious conditions and extreme poverty
Pungarabato (Agenzia Fides) - The poverty rate in Pungarabato, one of the 81 municipalities of Guerrero in the south-western Mexico, is very high and requires a rapid solution. This is what local authorities state, according to which more than 1,200 families, about 6,000 people, survive among the garbage and the risk of being swept away by rising waters of the river Cutzamala in what is the most important town hall in Tierra Caliente. The houses are mainly built on precarious beams, often on a single wall with a single opening that faces the street depriving the inhabitants of any privacy, sleeping on old mattresses and smelly blankets. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 11/09/2013)
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration