AMERICA/MEXICO - About six thousand people live in precarious conditions and extreme poverty
Pungarabato (Agenzia Fides) - The poverty rate in Pungarabato, one of the 81 municipalities of Guerrero in the south-western Mexico, is very high and requires a rapid solution. This is what local authorities state, according to which more than 1,200 families, about 6,000 people, survive among the garbage and the risk of being swept away by rising waters of the river Cutzamala in what is the most important town hall in Tierra Caliente. The houses are mainly built on precarious beams, often on a single wall with a single opening that faces the street depriving the inhabitants of any privacy, sleeping on old mattresses and smelly blankets. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 11/09/2013)
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"