AMERICA/COLOMBIA - "Peace is not born in Cuba, but in Colombians", Mgr. Lozano during the Week of Peace
Ocaña ( Agenzia Fides) - "Peace is not born in Cuba, but in the heart of the Colombians", with these words, the bishop of the diocese of Ocaña, Mgr. Jorge Enrique Lozano Zafra, launched the celebration of the Week for Peace and Reconciliation of peoples.
The invitation of the Bishop to reflect on peace that was not born in Cuba, clearly alludes to the peace talks that the FARC and the government have been having since last year in Havana.
In the note sent to Fides, Mgr. Lozano Zafra said: "Peace is an urgent need worldwide. We agree that we must work toward coexistence. Peace is not merely the silence of weapons, or the victory of the strong against the weak. We cannot make peace from death. We must do it with respect for life. Recognize each other as brothers, with common interests". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 11/09/2013)
- 2015-01-29 - Nearly 50 000 children victims of homicide because of armed conflict
- 2015-01-26 - We need leaders who are committed and not "deaf and dumb authorities" says Mgr. Epalza
- 2014-12-22 - Even from pain comes the hope of peace, the process continues
- 2014-12-18 - For Mgr. Falla Robles: "The unilateral cease-fire should take place without any conditions"
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10
- 2014-12-02 - Satisfaction for the release of the General, but it is necessary to resume talks for a definite peace
- 2014-12-01 - Children are half of the victims of landmines and prohibited explosive devices
- 2014-11-29 - Observatory for Reconciliation and Peace is created
- 2014-11-27 - Hunger and chronic malnutrition cause the death of a child every 33 hours