AMERICA/COLOMBIA - "Peace is not born in Cuba, but in Colombians", Mgr. Lozano during the Week of Peace
Ocaña ( Agenzia Fides) - "Peace is not born in Cuba, but in the heart of the Colombians", with these words, the bishop of the diocese of Ocaña, Mgr. Jorge Enrique Lozano Zafra, launched the celebration of the Week for Peace and Reconciliation of peoples.
The invitation of the Bishop to reflect on peace that was not born in Cuba, clearly alludes to the peace talks that the FARC and the government have been having since last year in Havana.
In the note sent to Fides, Mgr. Lozano Zafra said: "Peace is an urgent need worldwide. We agree that we must work toward coexistence. Peace is not merely the silence of weapons, or the victory of the strong against the weak. We cannot make peace from death. We must do it with respect for life. Recognize each other as brothers, with common interests". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 11/09/2013)
- 2015-05-26 - "Stop deaths! An agreement has to be reached as soon as possible", asks Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2015-05-22 - In the tragedy a light of life: the funeral of 33 of the 84 deaths due to the landslide in Salgar
- 2015-05-07 - Children recruited by the FARC: they are prisoners and infected with the human papilloma virus
- 2015-05-04 - Talks resume for peace, despite the incidents and the distrust of the Colombians
- 2015-04-22 - The Episcopal Council for Peace analyzes the situation of the talks
- 2015-04-21 - Emergency for violence and attacks against minors
- 2015-04-16 - Eleven soldiers killed, the Church asks for a definitive cease-fire
- 2015-04-01 - Special care for children infected with chikungunya
- 2015-03-30 - Joy in the suffering: Sincelejo welcomes the new Bishop remembering the pastor killed
- 2015-03-25 - Concern of the Church: peace talks must continue