AMERICA/COLOMBIA - "Peace is not born in Cuba, but in Colombians", Mgr. Lozano during the Week of Peace
Ocaña ( Agenzia Fides) - "Peace is not born in Cuba, but in the heart of the Colombians", with these words, the bishop of the diocese of Ocaña, Mgr. Jorge Enrique Lozano Zafra, launched the celebration of the Week for Peace and Reconciliation of peoples.
The invitation of the Bishop to reflect on peace that was not born in Cuba, clearly alludes to the peace talks that the FARC and the government have been having since last year in Havana.
In the note sent to Fides, Mgr. Lozano Zafra said: "Peace is an urgent need worldwide. We agree that we must work toward coexistence. Peace is not merely the silence of weapons, or the victory of the strong against the weak. We cannot make peace from death. We must do it with respect for life. Recognize each other as brothers, with common interests". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 11/09/2013)
- 2014-11-21 - The request to continue peace talks: "Do not destroy the hope of Colombians"
- 2014-11-20 - Archbishop Monsalve Mejia: "The general kidnapped will soon be released"
- 2014-11-19 - Every hour two children are victims of sexual abuse
- 2014-11-18 - The Church condemns the abduction of the General and urges to continue peace talks
- 2014-11-17 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Peace talks have been suspended after general abducted
- 2014-11-13 - From victims of violence to the protagonists of peace
- 2014-11-12 - At least 19 countries around the world recruit child soldiers
- 2014-11-06 - "Cali is suffering a pandemic of violence", denounces Mgr. Monsalve Mejía
- 2014-10-29 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – There is a risk of an outbreak of Chikungunya and Dengue: 4,500 cases in the last two months
- 2014-10-29 - The Colombian dioceses ask to defend the rights of the indigenous peoples of the Pacific