AMERICA/COLOMBIA - "Peace is not born in Cuba, but in Colombians", Mgr. Lozano during the Week of Peace
Ocaña ( Agenzia Fides) - "Peace is not born in Cuba, but in the heart of the Colombians", with these words, the bishop of the diocese of Ocaña, Mgr. Jorge Enrique Lozano Zafra, launched the celebration of the Week for Peace and Reconciliation of peoples.
The invitation of the Bishop to reflect on peace that was not born in Cuba, clearly alludes to the peace talks that the FARC and the government have been having since last year in Havana.
In the note sent to Fides, Mgr. Lozano Zafra said: "Peace is an urgent need worldwide. We agree that we must work toward coexistence. Peace is not merely the silence of weapons, or the victory of the strong against the weak. We cannot make peace from death. We must do it with respect for life. Recognize each other as brothers, with common interests". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 11/09/2013)
- 2015-04-16 - Eleven soldiers killed, the Church asks for a definitive cease-fire
- 2015-04-01 - Special care for children infected with chikungunya
- 2015-03-30 - Joy in the suffering: Sincelejo welcomes the new Bishop remembering the pastor killed
- 2015-03-25 - Concern of the Church: peace talks must continue
- 2015-03-23 - A priest killed after a violent attempted robbery
- 2015-03-18 - Elections: the Archbishop of Medellin urges the socio-political formation of the community
- 2015-03-10 - "Weapons, from security to threat for the family, must be eliminated" asks the Archbishop of Medellin
- 2015-03-04 - Meeting of Bishops Emeritus
- 2015-03-02 - Testimony of Mgr. Vidal: "Promises arrive in Cúcuta, never decisions"
- 2015-02-21 - Lent: multimedia “On the way to Easter”