AMERICA/COLOMBIA - "Peace is not born in Cuba, but in Colombians", Mgr. Lozano during the Week of Peace
Ocaña ( Agenzia Fides) - "Peace is not born in Cuba, but in the heart of the Colombians", with these words, the bishop of the diocese of Ocaña, Mgr. Jorge Enrique Lozano Zafra, launched the celebration of the Week for Peace and Reconciliation of peoples.
The invitation of the Bishop to reflect on peace that was not born in Cuba, clearly alludes to the peace talks that the FARC and the government have been having since last year in Havana.
In the note sent to Fides, Mgr. Lozano Zafra said: "Peace is an urgent need worldwide. We agree that we must work toward coexistence. Peace is not merely the silence of weapons, or the victory of the strong against the weak. We cannot make peace from death. We must do it with respect for life. Recognize each other as brothers, with common interests". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 11/09/2013)
- 2015-07-31 - Day of Protest against human trafficking: child soldiers still used by FARC
- 2015-07-30 - Updated Spanish version of the New Testament
- 2015-07-16 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Priest murdered in the sacristy as he was about to celebrate mass
- 2015-07-13 - Once the peace agreement is signed, the real challenge of the government will be how to handle the situation
- 2015-07-09 - "The peace process is alive", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga; letter of the religious leaders
- 2015-06-24 - Latin American Religious give their full support and unreserved commitment for Peace in Colombia
- 2015-06-17 - Silent march in Tumaco: after 60 years of violence it is now time to form "a truly civilized society"
- 2015-06-10 - The inhabitants of port of Buenaventura subjected to "collective torture"
- 2015-06-09 - Human trafficking, new areopagus of consecrated life in Latin America
- 2015-05-26 - "Stop deaths! An agreement has to be reached as soon as possible", asks Cardinal Salazar Gómez