AMERICA/MEXICO - Respect the dignity of foreigners, new aspects of the pastoral care of migrants
Zacatecas ( Agenzia Fides) - We all have to respect the dignity of foreigners: is what the Bishop of the diocese of Zacatecas ( Mexico), His Exc. Mgr. Siegfried Noriega Barceló said at the end of the third Seminar of Pastoral Migratory which took place on 5 and 6 September in the diocese.
The note sent to Fides Agenzia by the diocese of Zacatecas, emphasizes the Bishop’s desire: the meetings on the pastoral care of migrants enable the creation of mechanisms aimed at the respect for the dignity of foreigners who have to cross the country and those who leave the Mexican state to seek better opportunities in the United States.
The central theme of the Seminar, where the problems of migrants were analyzed, was "From the departure to the return: between failure and hope". Mgr. Noriega Barceló said that one of the new concerns of the Church is to know how to support migrants who return to their country of origin because "it is a very complex problem to deal with". "We are concerned that their dignity is not trampled on and their rights are respected. They should not be exploited by anyone", said the Bishop. "There are many houses and support programs for migrants, but there are also many difficulties, and unfortunately the underworld that is behind all this is taking possession of many homes" he warned.
The Bishop of Zacatecas also indicated a new problem: many of the houses once inhabited by Latinos now see the presence of people of Chinese nationality and Middle Eastern countries such as Syria and Iraq. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/09/2013)
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"
- 2014-10-21 - When you do not respect the right of even one person, it jeopardizes the right of all
- 2014-10-21 - 2000 children have been killed or maimed between 2006 and 2014
- 2014-10-15 - "Never accept violence as a solution", warns Mgr. Lona Reyes who proposes a prayer campaign
- 2014-10-14 - Bishops on the Iguala case: "clarify what happened, the truth is the path to justice"
- 2014-10-10 - The tragedy of Iguala and its consequences: a letter from the Archbishop of Acapulco
- 2014-10-09 - Corrupt policemen and climate of mistrust, the Bishop of La Paz denounces the silence of the authorities
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction