AMERICA/MEXICO - Respect the dignity of foreigners, new aspects of the pastoral care of migrants
Zacatecas ( Agenzia Fides) - We all have to respect the dignity of foreigners: is what the Bishop of the diocese of Zacatecas ( Mexico), His Exc. Mgr. Siegfried Noriega Barceló said at the end of the third Seminar of Pastoral Migratory which took place on 5 and 6 September in the diocese.
The note sent to Fides Agenzia by the diocese of Zacatecas, emphasizes the Bishop’s desire: the meetings on the pastoral care of migrants enable the creation of mechanisms aimed at the respect for the dignity of foreigners who have to cross the country and those who leave the Mexican state to seek better opportunities in the United States.
The central theme of the Seminar, where the problems of migrants were analyzed, was "From the departure to the return: between failure and hope". Mgr. Noriega Barceló said that one of the new concerns of the Church is to know how to support migrants who return to their country of origin because "it is a very complex problem to deal with". "We are concerned that their dignity is not trampled on and their rights are respected. They should not be exploited by anyone", said the Bishop. "There are many houses and support programs for migrants, but there are also many difficulties, and unfortunately the underworld that is behind all this is taking possession of many homes" he warned.
The Bishop of Zacatecas also indicated a new problem: many of the houses once inhabited by Latinos now see the presence of people of Chinese nationality and Middle Eastern countries such as Syria and Iraq. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/09/2013)
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States
- 2015-04-17 - The Assembly of Bishops: "Without trust and participation we cannot go forth!"
- 2015-04-15 - Every year thousands of children are born on the street, at home or in situations considered at high risk
- 2015-04-14 - Meeting between the Church and those responsible of the elections: no to boycott
- 2015-04-09 - Another priest killed
- 2015-03-31 - The denunciation of the Bishop of Piedras Negras: Too many missing persons of whom we know nothing
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude