AMERICA/MEXICO - Respect the dignity of foreigners, new aspects of the pastoral care of migrants
Zacatecas ( Agenzia Fides) - We all have to respect the dignity of foreigners: is what the Bishop of the diocese of Zacatecas ( Mexico), His Exc. Mgr. Siegfried Noriega Barceló said at the end of the third Seminar of Pastoral Migratory which took place on 5 and 6 September in the diocese.
The note sent to Fides Agenzia by the diocese of Zacatecas, emphasizes the Bishop’s desire: the meetings on the pastoral care of migrants enable the creation of mechanisms aimed at the respect for the dignity of foreigners who have to cross the country and those who leave the Mexican state to seek better opportunities in the United States.
The central theme of the Seminar, where the problems of migrants were analyzed, was "From the departure to the return: between failure and hope". Mgr. Noriega Barceló said that one of the new concerns of the Church is to know how to support migrants who return to their country of origin because "it is a very complex problem to deal with". "We are concerned that their dignity is not trampled on and their rights are respected. They should not be exploited by anyone", said the Bishop. "There are many houses and support programs for migrants, but there are also many difficulties, and unfortunately the underworld that is behind all this is taking possession of many homes" he warned.
The Bishop of Zacatecas also indicated a new problem: many of the houses once inhabited by Latinos now see the presence of people of Chinese nationality and Middle Eastern countries such as Syria and Iraq. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/09/2013)
- 2015-01-19 - Bishop of Zacatecas: The closure of mines is everyone’s problem
- 2015-01-17 - "We must stop violent groups", said Bishop Gallardo
- 2015-01-16 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Guerrero appreciate the good will of the army
- 2015-01-16 - The New Testament in Tsotsil language in the pipeline
- 2015-01-14 - Corruption: a serious disease that has infected all
- 2015-01-09 - The priests of Guerrero "continue to preach the Gospel as always" despite threats and blackmail,
- 2015-01-07 - "The jungle law" does not stop theft
- 2015-01-02 - "The street is my family": Christmas season: love for children, youth and marginalized people
- 2014-12-23 - Mexico is the most dangerous country in Latin America where to exercise the priestly ministry
- 2014-12-22 - The Apostolic Nuncio celebrates Mass for the families of the students who have disappeared from Ayotzinapa