AMERICA/MEXICO - Respect the dignity of foreigners, new aspects of the pastoral care of migrants
Zacatecas ( Agenzia Fides) - We all have to respect the dignity of foreigners: is what the Bishop of the diocese of Zacatecas ( Mexico), His Exc. Mgr. Siegfried Noriega Barceló said at the end of the third Seminar of Pastoral Migratory which took place on 5 and 6 September in the diocese.
The note sent to Fides Agenzia by the diocese of Zacatecas, emphasizes the Bishop’s desire: the meetings on the pastoral care of migrants enable the creation of mechanisms aimed at the respect for the dignity of foreigners who have to cross the country and those who leave the Mexican state to seek better opportunities in the United States.
The central theme of the Seminar, where the problems of migrants were analyzed, was "From the departure to the return: between failure and hope". Mgr. Noriega Barceló said that one of the new concerns of the Church is to know how to support migrants who return to their country of origin because "it is a very complex problem to deal with". "We are concerned that their dignity is not trampled on and their rights are respected. They should not be exploited by anyone", said the Bishop. "There are many houses and support programs for migrants, but there are also many difficulties, and unfortunately the underworld that is behind all this is taking possession of many homes" he warned.
The Bishop of Zacatecas also indicated a new problem: many of the houses once inhabited by Latinos now see the presence of people of Chinese nationality and Middle Eastern countries such as Syria and Iraq. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/09/2013)
- 2015-08-03 - Solidarity Prize: Spanish Bishops in favour of Las Patronas candidature
- 2015-07-27 - Mariachi Zombie: amusing animated television series discredits bad zombie myth
- 2015-07-22 - Truth, justice, forgiveness and reconciliation: the pillars of peace promoted by the Church
- 2015-07-20 - Young Chiapas form an orchestra with pre-Hispanic instruments
- 2015-07-14 - Bishops on the escape of El Chapo, "we are not naive, we must eradicate corruption"
- 2015-07-13 - "Corruption spreads when transparency remains only good intentions": the Catholic voice before the scandals
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend