AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Peace and War, a key concern of the Church in Bolivia
La Paz ( Agenzia Fides) - The Bolivian Episcopal Conference (CEB) has called the faithful and all people of good will to join Pope Francis with prayer and fasting for peace in Syria. For this reason, on Saturday, September 7, from 1 to 7 p.m. all parishes are invited to join the Holy Father’s initiative for peace. In the note sent to Fides Agency, the Secretary-General of the CEB, Mgr. Eugenio Scarpellini , explains that "due to lthe imited time available it is impossible to prepare a mass mobilization, but every diocese and every parish is preparing a meeting for this reason". The Secretary of the CEB also points out that the theme of war is a very important issue for the Church: "our communities are already active to pray for peace in the world". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/09/2013)
- 2015-11-20 - The Church strongly rejects the use of the image of the Pope for political activities
- 2015-11-13 - The Episcopal Conference: "We need and want a change"
- 2015-11-07 - The Pontifical Mission Societies in Bolivia towards the American Missionary Congress
- 2015-11-06 - 100th Assembly of the Episcopal Conference: V American Missionary Congress (CAM 5) is among the topics to be discussed
- 2015-10-15 - The Maryknoll Mission Center has been offering missionaries a valuable service for half a century
- 2015-10-12 - The Pope's message at the forum on climate: "Follow a fair and integral ecology"
- 2015-10-09 - Nuncio Diquattro representative of the Holy See at the World Conference on Climate Change
- 2015-09-17 - Intervention of Mgr. Scarpellini on the candidacy of Morales: "Alternation is an expression of democracy"
- 2015-08-19 - Heavy rains leave more than a thousand of families homeless
- 2015-08-17 - Prison conditions improve thanks to mediation by Pope Francis