AMERICA/DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - At least 850 suspected cases of dengue in the north of the Country
Moca (Agenzia Fides) - In different communities of Espaillat, one of the 32 Dominican provinces in the north of the Country, at least 850 suspected cases of dengue fever have been identified and the death of a person due to the disease. To cope with the epidemic and to try to limit it, local health authorities have called for a day during which the medical staff will intervene in areas where the highest number of cases were registered.
This initiative is part of the information campaign, which aims to eradicate the insect vector of the disease and prevent this from continuing to spread. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 05/09/2013)
- 2015-07-24 - “Working at prevention” can put an end to violence, says Bishop Peña Rodríguez
- 2015-05-29 - The Pope urges us not to be indifferent towards immigrants
- 2015-05-20 - 90% of HIV-positive Dominicans live in extreme poverty
- 2015-05-15 - AMERICA/DOMINICAN REPUBLIC – Cardinal Rubén Salazar Gómez, Colombian, elected President of CELAM
- 2015-05-04 - The Bishops encourage the President to continue direct contact with people most in need
- 2015-03-16 - Appeal of the Church in the Dominican Republic and Haiti: "Respect the human dignity of migrants"
- 2015-01-28 - Tension on the border with Haiti: appeal to the authorities of both countries
- 2014-10-07 - Requests on behalf of the National Assembly of Pastoral Care: Austerity and solidarity with workers,
- 2014-10-03 - "A people on a mission, sensitive towards solidarity": the National Assembly of Pastoral care is underway
- 2014-09-23 - Public opinion divided on the request for the withdrawal of UNHCR from the country