AFRICA/EGYPT - The Egyptian Church welcomes with joy Pope Francis’ invitation to pray for peace
Cairo (Agenzia Fides) - " In my parish we already started yesterday to pray according to Pope Francis’ intentions for peace in Syria, in the Middle East and the world", says Fr. Rafic Greiche, spokesman of the Catholic Bishops of Egypt, who points out that the invitation launched by the Pope to hold, on Saturday, September 7, a day of prayer and fasting for peace, was very much welcomed among the Egyptian Christians.
"On Friday and Saturday special prayer meetings for peace will be held in all the churches. The Catholic Bishops of Egypt have asked all parishes to celebrate special moments of prayer and worship, welcoming the Pope's appeal".
"We deeply thank Pope Francis for his appeal for peace and for speaking loudly and clearly in favor of the peoples of the Middle East, beginning with those of Egypt and Syria", concludes Fr. Greiche. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 05/09/2013)
- 2014-03-06 AFRICA/EGYPT – Coptic politician Shukrallah: what worries me is the possible return of the military to power
- 2014-03-01 AFRICA/EGYPT - 62nd Catholic Festival of Egyptian Cinema opening ceremony
- 2014-02-25 AFRICA/EGYPT – New rules for election of Orthodox Coptic Pope examined by civil authorities
- 2014-02-25 AFRICA/LYBIA - “These extremists are shedding innocent blood to get more visibility” says Archbishop Martinelli
- 2014-02-24 AFRICA/EGYPT - Coptic Orthodox Christian is the first woman elected to lead a political party in Egypt
- 2014-02-18 AFRICA/EGYPT - Bishop Kyrillos: positive analysis for the first year of the National Council of Churches
- 2014-02-17 AFRICA/EGYPT - Synod of the Coptic Orthodox Church on the rules for the election of the Patriarch
- 2014-02-12 AFRICA/EGYPT - Patriarch Tawadros to the European Union: help Egypt
- 2014-02-10 AFRICA/EGYPT - Bishop Zaki: Christian churches pray together for the future of the Country
- 2014-02-06 AFRICA/EGYPT - Al-Sisi to run for President. Bishop Fahim Hanna: he has the support of the people, but the Church does not take sides