AFRICA/EGYPT - The Egyptian Church welcomes with joy Pope Francis’ invitation to pray for peace
Cairo (Agenzia Fides) - " In my parish we already started yesterday to pray according to Pope Francis’ intentions for peace in Syria, in the Middle East and the world", says Fr. Rafic Greiche, spokesman of the Catholic Bishops of Egypt, who points out that the invitation launched by the Pope to hold, on Saturday, September 7, a day of prayer and fasting for peace, was very much welcomed among the Egyptian Christians.
"On Friday and Saturday special prayer meetings for peace will be held in all the churches. The Catholic Bishops of Egypt have asked all parishes to celebrate special moments of prayer and worship, welcoming the Pope's appeal".
"We deeply thank Pope Francis for his appeal for peace and for speaking loudly and clearly in favor of the peoples of the Middle East, beginning with those of Egypt and Syria", concludes Fr. Greiche. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 05/09/2013)
- 2014-07-24 - AFRICA/EGYPT – There is no Christian in St. Anthony Abate’s hometown
- 2014-07-17 - A bill to ensure and regulate the construction of churches is being studied
- 2014-07-16 - Patriarch Tawadros II: the Bishops do not express support for candidates or political parties in elections
- 2014-07-08 - Sisi
- 2014-06-20 - Activist for Human Rights calls for the dissolution of the Salafist Party
- 2014-06-09 - New President al-Sisi enhances the role of the Coptic Church in the past and present of the nation
- 2014-05-30 - Sisi triumphs in presidential elections; Copt Catholic Bishop of Guizeh contests voices on low turnout
- 2014-05-22 - Patriarch Tawadros : let us all go and vote to elect the new President
- 2014-05-16 - Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate: priests must not make electoral propaganda
- 2014-05-07 - Coptic Patriarch Tawadros II writes to Pope Francis: let us unify the dates for the Easter celebration